YCM new bagwork for y'all for CC

YoungCashMoney

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Coming off 2 broken hands since my last post due to sparring (day after my previous sparring clip) & then a dumb decision.

Left hand is 100%, right hand is about 90% but feels pretty much perfect. Just the bruising is still there a bit.

Got some new 16oz winning gloves for the bag & they feel amazing, also started wrapping my hands much better so now I can bang on the bags with power with less worry (even tho I hurt my hand for a second in this vdeo lol, the very bottom of the bag is like a straight brick of concrete)

Critique the vid for me & lemme know if y'all see anything that I'm missing in terms of what needs to be worked on. I've worked on many things but 2 things I've added recently is sharpening up my right hook, and then getting a more snappy overhand right. 2 shots I don't use enough.

I was gonna ask if the overhand was a punch you was working on. And i see you already write that.

I will try not to boost your ego too much. But that handspeed of your are truly something. Its a gift you are born with. Yes you can train speed for sure. But there are also a question of body types.

With 16 oz gloves. Some of those punches are almost unreal fast.

Nice to see another training video from you.

Keep training hard.

I was gonna ask if the overhand was a punch you was working on. And i see you already write that.

I will try not to boost your ego too much. But that handspeed of your are truly something. Its a gift you are born with. Yes you can train speed for sure. But there are also a question of body types.

With 16 oz gloves. Some of those punches are almost unreal fast.

Nice to see another training video from you.

Keep training hard.

Thanks man, maybe it is a gift, I really wouldn't know because I've always had it. The only thing I can say on that, is that before I ever boxed I believe I was a natural with fast hands with no reason to back that up, other than slap boxing people. Even then, I hadn't trained to throw punches or anything & I found out after I started boxing that I was correct that I was a "natural" with speed. I always wonder how much of that has to do with my delusional belief before ever boxing that I was fast though.

I'm surprised u say that on this video though, I was working more on power than anything in this one & actually felt like I looked slower than compared to some of my other vids.

Any critique on technique?

I know one thing, I don't want to sound arrogant or anything cuz its not even like that, but I haven't actually been in the ring with anyone quicker than me to this day. Typically when I box "fast" guys, they look slow in comparison. Obviously I doubt I'm the fastest individual there is, but I do seem to have an edge there even against other "fast" guys, once again maybe it is because of my belief in my speed from the beginning, maybe its just pure genetics. Only god knows.

Looks a lot better than the last couple of bag videos you posted. More smooth and less spazzy if you know what I mean.

The angles your hooks come at are weird. Almost like that hands lower than normal hooks like they come from the waist. I can definitely see you being able to throw hooks like pacman. Maybe not how he throws straights but he’s got a pretty aggressive wild style with some good defense for someone so offensive.

Last edited:
Looks a lot better than the last couple of bag videos you posted. More smooth and less spazzy if you know what I mean.

The angles your hooks come at are weird. Almost like that hands lower than normal hooks like they come from the waist. I can definitely see you being able to throw hooks like pacman. Maybe not how he throws straights but he’s got a pretty aggressive wild style with some good defense for someone so offensive.

Yes I agree on the first point , I made it a goal to get my balance more grounded and only use my spazzy bounces when I need to , to save energy and also make my head movement more concealed so I don’t need to “set” to punch or move my head , since right now I’m in a stance that is constantly set.

Can you elaborate on the 2nd one ? Do u think that is that a good thing that’s my hooks come up from that angle ? Reason I ask is because Pacman ain’t necessarily known for having a good hook, unless ur talking bout his overhand/rear hook thing that ko’d Hatton

I don’t think my left hook has much resemblance to his right hook tho

Do you do palm strikes as well?

Coming off 2 broken hands since my last post due to sparring (day after my previous sparring clip) & then a dumb decision.

Left hand is 100%, right hand is about 90% but feels pretty much perfect. Just the bruising is still there a bit.

Got some new 16oz winning gloves for the bag & they feel amazing, also started wrapping my hands much better so now I can bang on the bags with power with less worry (even tho I hurt my hand for a second in this vdeo lol, the very bottom of the bag is like a straight brick of concrete)

Critique the vid for me & lemme know if y'all see anything that I'm missing in terms of what needs to be worked on. I've worked on many things but 2 things I've added recently is sharpening up my right hook, and then getting a more snappy overhand right. 2 shots I don't use enough.

Thanks man, maybe it is a gift, I really wouldn't know because I've always had it. The only thing I can say on that, is that before I ever boxed I believe I was a natural with fast hands with no reason to back that up, other than slap boxing people. Even then, I hadn't trained to throw punches or anything & I found out after I started boxing that I was correct that I was a "natural" with speed. I always wonder how much of that has to do with my delusional belief before ever boxing that I was fast though.

I'm surprised u say that on this video though, I was working more on power than anything in this one & actually felt like I looked slower than compared to some of my other vids.

Any critique on technique?

I know one thing, I don't want to sound arrogant or anything cuz its not even like that, but I haven't actually been in the ring with anyone quicker than me to this day. Typically when I box "fast" guys, they look slow in comparison. Obviously I doubt I'm the fastest individual there is, but I do seem to have an edge there even against other "fast" guys, once again maybe it is because of my belief in my speed from the beginning, maybe its just pure genetics. Only god knows.

Well the thing is, i dont really got any good feedback on bagwork. Because it is bagwork. I know its media workout. But imo if you watch GGG or floyd mayweather working the bag, you will see alot of "errors" in their work.

But the errors are not real errors. Because its volume training. And volume training is one of the biggest and most important training tools for a serious fighter.

I can point a beginner or novice the the right direction as far as basic movement, footwork, and balance. But everyone got their own bagwork routine.

You are so far from a beginner. So there is no good feedback from me as a nak muay looking at a young up and coming boxer working the bag in a youtube video.

Listen to the good people around you. You are still not in your prime skillwise. And thats a scary tought. Keep believe in yourself. And train smart.

Do you do palm strikes as well?

No

Well the thing is, i dont really got any good feedback on bagwork. Because it is bagwork. I know its media workout. But imo if you watch GGG or floyd mayweather working the bag, you will see alot of "errors" in their work.

But the errors are not real errors. Because its volume training. And volume training is one of the biggest and most important training tools for a serious fighter.

I can point a beginner or novice the the right direction as far as basic movement, footwork, and balance. But everyone got their own bagwork routine.

You are so far from a beginner. So there is no good feedback from me as a nak muay looking at a young up and coming boxer working the bag in a youtube video.

Listen to the good people around you. You are still not in your prime skillwise. And thats a scary tought. Keep believe in yourself. And train smart.

Its true, mistakes made on the bag may be because I'm on the bag & won't be replicated in a fight. It is difficult to CC at this point, however sometimes I can neglect the basics when I'm by myself & will mess up there - I'm looking for them too (if I know its not something due to me being on the bag but an actual mistake), and sometimes y'all spot something I realize needs to be tightened up.

Pay more attention to your hands, they need to last you the rest of your life...... The rest is looking good, keep believing.

Pay more attention to your hands, they need to last you the rest of your life...... The rest is looking good, keep believing.

You talking about in general, outside of boxing watching my hands because I broke them? Or do you mean I should watch how hard I bang the bag.

I'm not making no silly mistakes and getting anymore hand injuries period, they've taken enough damage and I definitely can't afford to mess them up more. On the bag though, I wrap my hands so good and those 16 winnings feel so good, I don't worry too much about sitting full power on the shots. Its one of the first times I've been able to & have confidence I won't hurt myself

You talking about in general, outside of boxing watching my hands because I broke them? Or do you mean I should watch how hard I bang the bag.

I'm not making no silly mistakes and getting anymore hand injuries period, they've taken enough damage and I definitely can't afford to mess them up more. On the bag though, I wrap my hands so good and those 16 winnings feel so good, I don't worry too much about sitting full power on the shots. Its one of the first times I've been able to & have confidence I won't hurt myself

It doesn't matter if it's boxing or in the "normal" world, hopefully one day your hands might earn you something big, things you do now accumulate and old injuries that once never hurt come back to haunt you in older age.......

Yes I agree on the first point , I made it a goal to get my balance more grounded and only use my spazzy bounces when I need to , to save energy and also make my head movement more concealed so I don’t need to “set” to punch or move my head , since right now I’m in a stance that is constantly set.

Can you elaborate on the 2nd one ? Do u think that is that a good thing that’s my hooks come up from that angle ? Reason I ask is because Pacman ain’t necessarily known for having a good hook, unless ur talking bout his overhand/rear hook thing that ko’d Hatton

I don’t think my left hook has much resemblance to his right hook tho
your left hook is actually firing from a very natural position, that might be what he is seeing. like all strong lead hookers you launch it from the low left shoulder roll position. what a lot of people don't realise it's impossible to throw a strong left without dropping your hand if it's superglued to the side of your face. you have a great left hook, it was always good but the positioning has improved (closer and more to the left) and it's a lot more defensively sound than it was (you always rolled well off it but your covering better after it as well)
on another note your roll off the right hand has improved dramatically and your guarding with your left heaps better.
overall you just seem a lot sharper defensively than the last footage i saw.

it's actually looking so good it's hard to find any advice. the only thing i can think of would be to shift your weight back and to the right a bit more after firing and keep the right elbow a bit tighter when punching (obviously not overhand)

also could set a bit more weight on your back foot when throwing the big right. that one is really what you feel comfortable with, loading all your weight can make punches harder to land and a bit slower.

Hey brother, I see an Aqua Bag. Have you messed around with it? If so how are you liking it compared to the traditional heavy bags?

Hey brother, I see an Aqua Bag. Have you messed around with it? If so how are you liking it compared to the traditional heavy bags?
Love the aqua bag, great on the hands unless it is cold. Allows for uppercuts, great training tool and recommend it. Traditional bag definitely has its place still tho

Love the aqua bag, great on the hands unless it is cold. Allows for uppercuts, great training tool and recommend it. Traditional bag definitely has its place still tho

Thanks for the response brother! Hopefully I can pick one up soon. Additional question if you don't mind. Would you say it has a little more give than the traditional?

This is not really a critique or anything (sorry), but you look really good my frriend.

Back