YCM Bag work critique

I am trained to use both the traditional guard as well as the crab/shell/"shoulder roll", I am not Mayweather but I have received the same instruction as him, as we had the same trainer. It won't hurt to have that defensive move in the bag of tricks and to work on it.

Thats what I thought when I saw it. You are trained to use the move and imo it looks quite effective when you do it.

Didn't spar this week, feel pretty sick I believe I have the flu so decided to skip it today. Worked on the bag a bit though. Critique anything you see !

Also for fun: Can anyone guess my ethnicity?

hard to tell how someone fights just off bag work, or really what you would need to work on. I remember watching your sparring clip and you looked very sharp. Im looking forward to seeing one of your fights posted on here

Well its an opportunity I can't let slide by, XXXTentacion wants to spar with me tomorrow so I'ma go do 5 rounds with him. No cameras allowed, hopefully I don't get Paulie Malignaggi'd. I really aint in no shape to spar 5 rounds, so I'm going to pierce his gas tank early so I can dance around later.

Well its an opportunity I can't let slide by, XXXTentacion wants to spar with me tomorrow so I'ma go do 5 rounds with him. No cameras allowed, hopefully I don't get Paulie Malignaggi'd. I really aint in no shape to spar 5 rounds, so I'm going to pierce his gas tank early so I can dance around later.
Lol what? Isnt that a "rap" dude? How did that come about?

Yep a rapper, my boy is working with him and asked that I come give him 5 rounds.

Ay, I'm down lol.

Give him a liver beating for torturing that girl.....

And on the vid, good combos, but you should be slipping, bobbing and weaving much more. Like 1-2 slip, 1-2 slip, 1-2-slip-1, 1-2-slip-3. And moving your head more when switching distances. That's about it. Easy things to work on.

Piercing holes in the gas tank is my focus since Im not in shape to box 5 rounds ;)

Do me a favor. If he's moving forward on you, and he throws just a jab, duck and leap in with a left body uppercut, like at 6:35 in this video.

You can go five rounds. No matter how much roadwork I did, no matter I ate, no matter how much I jumproped, I have always been a pretty fat looking dude. I never had a ton of power or speed, but my punches were sharp, and I threw in volume on the inside especially. I broke down muscles dudes more than a few times, and it often took well over 5 rounds.

You can go five rounds. No matter how much roadwork I did, no matter I ate, no matter how much I jumproped, I have always been a pretty fat looking dude. I never had a ton of power or speed, but my punches were sharp, and I threw in volume on the inside especially. I broke down muscles dudes more than a few times, and it often took well over 5 rounds.

Funny I also smoke and I am fat as you are, but I can do rounds and I also have smoked muscular dudes. I do not spar against high level people, but the ones at my level they seem to tense a lot and these muscles are eating their energy. While I am pretty relaxed in there, besides I often tense up in the shoulder area, but I am aware of it and try to relax them consciously.

I also do amateur soccer right now and despite being fat and smoking I seem as the most hard working, however I cant sprint very fast, nor I am required to be honest in my position.

And on the vid, good combos, but you should be slipping, bobbing and weaving much more. Like 1-2 slip, 1-2 slip, 1-2-slip-1, 1-2-slip-3. And moving your head more when switching distances. That's about it. Easy things to work on.

I would advice doing what he explains to do in rounds 2,3 and 4.

Last edited:
Funny I also smoke and I am fat as you are, but I can do rounds and I also have smoked muscular dudes. I do not spar against high level people, but the ones at my level they seem to tense a lot and these muscles are eating their energy. While I am pretty relaxed in there, besides I often tense up in the shoulder area, but I am aware of it and try to relax them consciously.

I also do amateur soccer right now and despite being fat and smoking I seem as the most hard working, however I cant sprint very fast, nor I am required to be honest in my position.

I would advice doing what he explains to do in rounds 2,3 and 4.

Yep, you can do a lot of good with just some tape and angle work. It's always instructional, even when shadow boxing, to pretend there is an opponent fighting back.

Yep a rapper, my boy is working with him and asked that I come give him 5 rounds.

Ay, I'm down lol.

I'd have a couple of other people from your gym there just in case him or his boys have a fragile ego, since there's no cameras or anything (to dissuade him/them from retaliating in case he looks bad). Can't hurt, right?

Good guess, I usually get that or Puerto Rican, I'm half Irish and half African American.

Like Charley Burley. Good genes for a fighter!
Funny that hillelslovak87 posted a link of him too.

Good bagwork video man. Keep posting your stuff.
Lots of us looking forward to them!

He seem alot bigger then you. Not sure on the skill level.

Back