Yan Xiaonan vs. Kailin Curran and Yanan Wu vs. Gina Mazany set for UFC Shanghai

Xiaonan is 7-1 with 5 KOs and a cool nickname. Curran is 4-5, last win 2 years ago over a 3-3 fighter. I think this is a showcase fight for Xiaonan.
Curran has showed she can hang with the elite. Her losses to Albu and Moyle were razor close. She was dominating Chambers before Chambers pulled off the miracle comeback.

Wow I shouldn't be, but I'm shocked Curran is getting another shot.

It feels like UFC is going to Hawaii soon based on how many from there are getting opportunities these days. Maybe that has something to do with it.

What's the American for last chance saloon?

f66.jpg
This made me laugh much harder than it should have, thanks

Curran is certainly cute but man Mazany deserves every chance she asks for

Gina-Mazany-3.jpg

Remembers me of Proxy Paige, a good actress.

Xiaonan has a fun kick heavy style, been awhile since she's fought so it's hard to know where she's at but she has the potential to be pretty solid.
tumblr_o033yatwBT1tbl8wbo3_250.gif

tumblr_o033yatwBT1tbl8wbo4_250.gif

I haven't seen as much of Wu. She's very young but the only notable opponent she has fought (at the time of the fight anyways) is Kunitskaya who she got beat pretty handily by. She's also small for BW, most of her fights are at 132 lbs.

Last edited:
WME better be doing all they can to get Weili Zhang on this card.

Here's Yanan Wu squashing the most jobber of all wmma jobbers. First fight in the vid (vid also has Mallory Martin from Invicta, and Karine Gevorgyan from TUF).

What a shocking pair of fights. Honestly, this card is gonna be the worst Asian UFN to date. It'll be the main event then nothing but regional-level fodder, I'm expecting to see about 4-5 new Chinese nobodies making their debuts. Co-main event will be something along the lines of Jingliang Li vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos - an exciting fight but nowhere near co-main level.

Back