Y'all hating on Dana White for being angry because Woodley won ...

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
... but if you were in his shoes, you'd have done the same thing, if not worse.

Throughout his title reign, Tyron Woodley has consistenty been a promoter's nightmare, for the following reasons:

1) He is unable to sell PPV's or generate interests in his fights.

UFC 228 is expected to have abysmal numbers, and the prelims to Tyron's PPV did the lowest number of viewership in the past 12 months.

2) He has been involved in two of the most boring title fights in the history of the UFC.

Captain Obvious will point out that these matches' pace were dictated by Maia and Wonderboy (the 2nd fight), and that it's not really Woodley's fault. However, it takes two to tango, and Tyron played a major part in those shitshows.

3) He always plays the victim card

Nobody likes a perpetual victim. There's always someone out there conspiring against Tyron Woodley. The big man is out there to get him. The corporation is out there to get him. The fans are out there to get him. It never crosses his mind, that maybe it's his own fault that he's not the big star and PPV slayer that he aspires to be.

Adopting this persona in combat sports is like shooting yourself in the foot.

In Tyron's own words: "Is it because my skin's brown that I don't get a fair chance ?"

(timestamped)

... which brings us to the next, and final point:

4) The race baiting

Tyron Woodley has been consistently pulling the race card whenever he's in a tight spot, for short term gain, in order to get himself African American fans and become a cultural hero.

What he does not realize, that in the process, he's alienating fans from all other races. Is it really a good idea to keep racebaiting against the target group who mainly buys your PPV's ?

Moreover, we are all human. If I was a promoter, and a fighter keeps digging at my race, would I really be enthusiastic to promote the fighter ?

It's like, this whole thing with Woodley is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

===

All in all, what I wanted to address is that people demonize Dana White for his attitude towards Tyron. Now Dana is a grade A asshole, but when it comes to his shenanigans with Tyron Woodley, I believe that his resentment towards The Chosen One is justified.

Tyron-Woodley.jpg

In the lesser of two evils, I'mma pick Twood brah. Sorry

6JFvU6z0_400x400.png

5) Dana White is his promoter and it's his actual job to promote his fighters especially reigning Champions.

Instead he shits on him as much as he can.

Yeah what a business genius Dana is. Calling your own champion boring and shit sure will bring in those ppv buys. No matter from which perspective you look at it and even if Tyron was the most boring fighter in history, you would still want to hype him up as a promoter. Doing the opposite will hurt your business even more. Here's hoping that goofball gets replaced soon.

UFC brass shill detected.

Tyron will be champ until the day he retires. Better get used to it, you goof

giphy.webp

Some shertarda will get triggered now but there’s no words to describe how annoying his victim mentality is.
I’m a succesaful young man whose well off? Buu poor little me

Only a fucking moron talks down the people it's his job to promote.

And only a witless imbecile defends him.

Dana’s job is to promote.

- You mention Woodley’s “boring” fights, they just invested so much into Till when he was coming off of an uneventful decision over Wonderboy when some actually had Wonderboy winning.

- Promoters should not allow their feelings to get in the way they go about doing business, Dana painting this narrative of Tyron Woodley being an unlikable guy is just good for nobody, it’s not good for business, it does nothing to help the company.

- Tyron just had his best fight as champion and best performance arguably of his career, if ever there was a time for Dana to get behind him it would be right now but his pettiness would not allow him to set his ego aside, so he literally took his ball and went home and stormed out of the arena.

Dana is wrong here.

Some shertarda will get triggered now but there’s no words to describe how annoying his victim mentality is.

I don't know man. This sounds like something a jealous loser would say.

Lol yer Tyron has a victim mentality because the UFC has been trying to sabotage his title reign every chance they get, the fucking president of the company walked out of the Octagon because he was furious that he won in dominant fashion yet you morons still act like Tyron is making all this shit up.

... but if you were in his shoes, you'd have done the same thing, if not worse.

Throughout his title reign, Tyron Woodley has consistenty been a promoter's nightmare, for the following reasons:

1) He is unable to sell PPV's or generate interests in his fights.

UFC 228 is expected to have abysmal numbers, and the prelims to Tyron's PPV did the lowest number of viewership in the past 12 months.

2) He has been involved in two of the most boring title fights in the history of the UFC.

Captain Obvious will point out that these matches' pace were dictated by Maia and Wonderboy (the 2nd fight), and that it's not really Woodley's fault. However, it takes two to tango, and Tyron played a major part in those shitshows.

3) He always plays the victim card

Nobody likes a perpetual victim. There's always someone out there conspiring against Tyron Woodley. The big man is out there to get him. The corporation is out there to get him. The fans are out there to get him. It never crosses his mind, that maybe it's his own fault that he's not the big star and PPV slayer that he aspires to be.

Adopting this persona in combat sports is like shooting yourself in the foot.

In Tyron's own words: "Is it because my skin's brown that I don't get a fair chance ?"

(timestamped)

... which brings us to the next, and final point:

4) The race baiting

Tyron Woodley has been consistently pulling the race card whenever he's in a tight spot, for short term gain, in order to get himself African American fans and become a cultural hero.

What he does not realize, that in the process, he's alienating fans from all other races. Is it really a good idea to keep racebaiting against the target group who mainly buys your PPV's ?

Moreover, we are all human. If I was a promoter, and a fighter keeps digging at my race, would I really be enthusiastic to promote the fighter ?

It's like, this whole thing with Woodley is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

===

All in all, what I wanted to address is that people demonize Dana White for his attitude towards Tyron. Now Dana is a grade A asshole, but when it comes to his shenanigans with Tyron Woodley, I believe that his resentment towards The Chosen One is justified.

If a random SDer would be in Dana White's shoes, 95% of the time the UFC would be burned to the ground within the span of one event and the lead up to it.

If not selling PPVs is just cause for Dana hating on fighters then he should refuse to buckle the belt around the waist of anyone not named Conor McGregor.

@Psychedelic

Don't you mean 3 instead of 2?
It's not like Wonderboy vs Woodley 1 was any different than Wonderboy vs Woodley 2
That fight plus the Maia fight makes it three.

Back