Yakuza series thread (Yakuza 6 and Yakuza 2 Kiwami): now coming to PC. Grandpa KAZ!

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by warriorscomeout, Feb 27, 2018.

1. warriorscomeout

warriorscomeout Gold Belt

I think side quests might actually be voiced but I lost the quote.

MCS likes this.
  2. warriorscomeout

I’m finishing Kiwami off over Easter so I’m ready for Yak 6.

3. Eredin

Eredin Blue Belt

The PS4 side of the internet is buzzing with nothing but God of War and Spidey while i just got reminded that Yakuza 6 releases next week
    [​IMG]

4. ThulsaDooom

ThulsaDooom Brown Belt

Gonna buy the digital deluxe edition that comes with Yakuza 0 and Kiwami as well even though I haven't played my PS4 in months, I haven't finished Yakuza 3, 4, or 5 but I have to support the series. I remember when it was very unlikely 3 was going to get a Western release and now there's more Yakuza than I can handle. Good work, Sega.

JohnSAFTAHess likes this.
  5. warriorscomeout

It’s the Final Countdown!

6. JohnSAFTAHess

JohnSAFTAHess Brown Belt

I almost dropped my collector's edition down to a regular edition so I could justify also getting God of War next week..... but.. fuck it.

warriorscomeout likes this.
  7. Eredin

Eredin Blue Belt

Kuze's initial theme was great but i really liked this version the most.
    At first i was like: "holy shit, how many times do i have to teach you this lesson old man" then the music kicked in and i was hyped to beat his ass again.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    TehJesus and JohnSAFTAHess like this.
  8. JohnSAFTAHess

JohnSAFTAHess Brown Belt

This series does, in my opinion, the best boss fights. The Kuze fights are some of my favorite. They set up big battles so well in these games.

Eredin likes this.
  9. Eredin

Eredin Blue Belt

Definitely. it's design along with the story easily seperate it from the rest. coming across a bunch of ammo/supplies in other games just ruin any build up or suspense. "boss or wave fight coming up i guess"

10. warriorscomeout

11. warriorscomeout

Okay it’s out. Been playing.

It’s a very very good Yakuza game with a lot streamlined but the interface/combat is basically the same. Graphics are slightly improved.

12. ThulsaDooom

ThulsaDooom Brown Belt

Damn, Sony removed the digital deluxe pack that came with Y0 for $80. I was planning on buying that and God of War when it releases because I have a discount code (that doesn't work on pre-orders fuck off Sony). Will probably wait for a year or two now for all three games.

13. JohnSAFTAHess

JohnSAFTAHess Brown Belt

Video Games Plus has reprints of Yakuza 1 through 4 which I just bought. I really wish there was a physical edition of 5 so I could have the collection.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  14. warriorscomeout

I got a PS3 just to play Yak 4,5 and the zombie one (avoid). 5 is probably the best. I haven’t played 2 and 3 and won’t until they get Kiwamidified.

Pity the clan battle system in 6 is a bit rubbish. Just dump your best characters at the beginning and do random shit.

15. Sharkey

Sharkey Who finishes 2nd?

I've been thinking about getting into this series for a while now since it's one I'm sure I'd enjoy. Does anybody have any recommendations on which game to start with? I don't have a PS2 anymore, so those ones aren't options. Maybe Kiwami since it's apparently a remake of the first one?

16. JohnSAFTAHess

JohnSAFTAHess Brown Belt

Yeah I'd start with either Kiwami, which is just an updated version of 1, or maybe start with Yakuza 0 instead. It's a prequel to 1 and won't spoil anything for you. Great starting point, it's the first one of the series I played and one of my favorite games ever.

Kiwami 2 is out in August. If you're a completionist like myself and want to play the whole series 3 might be the only pain in the ass to play.. 4 and 5 are both on playstation now and you can get a 7 day free trial currently.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Sharkey likes this.
  17. Sharkey

Cheers man. I'll pick up both Kiwami and Yakuza 0 then and go from there. Yeah, I would eventually like to play the whole series if the first two grab my interest enough. Which I'm guessing they will. I'm like you that way in that I'd want to know the whole story.

Thanks again.

18. warriorscomeout

Id start with Kiwami 1 and then do 0 because 0 is a bigger and better game (not that 1 is bad). You’ll feel a jump in quality which is good. Then you can play 6 or 4&5 on a PS3 if you don’t mind dealing with a worse interface and difficult combat (the bosses are sometimes stupid hard).

Sharkey likes this.
  19. Sharkey

Thanks. That sounds like a good order for them to start. If I like them enough I'll eventually replay them anyways, so then I could do the story chronologically.

20. warriorscomeout

6 works fine as a stand alone but it’s got a ton of fan service (like a weird cult which Kaz hasn’t met but others did) which you’ll appreciate if you have played the series.

Sharkey likes this.