Yakuza Crime Drama THE OUTSIDER Starring Jared Leto (First Trailer; Premieres March 9 on Netflix)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
First Trailer for Yakuza Crime Drama THE OUTSIDER Starring Jared Leto

An American soldier imprisoned in postwar Japan enters the dark world of the yakuza, adopting their way of life in repayment for his freedom. Premieres on Netflix on March 9.

2d1.jpg

That trailer was a heat seeking missile aimed at my weaboo heart.

Jared Leto is simultaneously overrated, & underrated.

A fascinating phenomenon to watch.

First Trailer for Yakuza Crime Drama THE OUTSIDER Starring Jared Leto

An American soldier imprisoned in postwar Japan enters the dark world of the yakuza, adopting their way of life in repayment for his freedom. Premieres on Netflix on March 9.

giphy.gif

So so for me, I'm not buying this Jared Leto badass Yakuza enforcer.

i mean, already paid for the netflix subscription so may as well check it out.

Agreeing with everyone who said "interesting, but not sure what to think yet."

I'll check it out and see how it goes.

Dances with wolves and the last samuarai meet the yakuza.

Very unoriginal. Probably extremely predictable.

Yup, that's basically a made for tv movie with a star attached, and it found its way to nextflix.

James Cameron-like without the production value.

I thought it was interesting and will definitely check it out. For a second i thought they were going to overdo it with the Japanese symbolism: "Geishas? Check! Sumo? Check! Swords? Check! Driving in the middle of the road with no regard for driving regulations? Big check!" Has the potential to be really cool.

I'll watch why not im already paying for Netflix could be bad or good or in the middle

Well at least this is not some bullshit method acting role on Jared's end. He was the worst part of Bladerunner.

Back