Yair Rodriguez vs Cub Swanson [what if]

Pointless fight for Cub, he needs to fight Edgar or the winner of Lamas - Zombie if he wants to fight for the title.

Yair has the shittiest boxing in the top 10. Cub would slaughter him.

Like this fight. Both are very exciting. But Yair looked like he wasn't ready for a top 5 opponent against Edgar. Got Cub by decision.

Like this fight. Both are very exciting. But Yair looked like he wasn't ready for a top 5 opponent against Edgar. Got Cub by decision.

It's not like Cub lit the world on fire when he fought Frankie. He didn't get beat as badly but he easily lost to Edgar. I could see Yair winning that fight but not sure.

Rather see Yair vs Choi or Hall and Swanson vs Lamas or Korean Zombie winner..

Yair v Choi. ........ 2 derailed hype trains collide. And Cub v Zombie 2 vets that seem ready for a run.. would be a great main n Co main to a sI'd fight night card

Yeah Yair vs Choi sounds good but they won't make it like Lewis vs Ngannou

The FW division landscape is one of the most intriguing ones to me right now.
Frankie vs. Aldo/Holloway winner for the title.
Cub vs. Korean Zombie/Lamas winner for next shot at the title.
Yair vs. Barao (Let's see what Renan has left in the tank).

Last edited:
Iair should beat some top 20 before

last fight showed us his actual level

he has future.... but future is not here yet

Yair has the shittiest boxing in the top 10. Cub would slaughter him.

Cub would actuslly make Yair look better than he is because of his style. Cub loves to throw those wild feints and then come in with looping hooks or spinning attacks. It's exciting and often catches his opponents, but can often give his opponents openings to land and I feel like Yair might wind up in an exchange of spinning roundhouse kicks with Cub that would be all too entertaining.

Pantera is still a kitten, he needs to fight 10-15 ranked opponents.

Give him Barao or Stephens

Petits would be fun, too

i really want to see Swanson vs KZ or Swanson vs Lamas 2

Cub should fight Aldo if he beats Holloway and the winner of kz/Lamas if Holloway wins for the next title shot after edgar

Are you kidding me? Dont get it twisted, Cub's got some great boxing for mma. Yair has dog shit boxing, absolute dog shit.
You think he has great boxing? Did you watch his last two fights? He has a very effective unorthodox style, but he's no good boxer in either boxing or MMA.

Yair has terrible boxing too so I agree with u on that one.

Back