Yair Rodriguez denies turning down fights and said he was released because he wanted more money.

Zabit got him shook. Notice how money was a non issue with all those other guys. Zabit's name gets thrown in and then he wants life insurance money.

He’s reasoning doesnt even sound logical. Why would he get a main even against a guy coming off a win on fox? Why would Lamas turn down a stylistic matchup up for him against a dangerous prospect in Bestic? Why would he ask for Zabit on a show that didn’t even exist? I’m no Zuffa shill at all but he seems shady to me

As a fan the money issues that have started to dominate MMA are freaking annoying. They're the same issues that made boxing annoying. But I can't blame a guy trying to get paid.
Dana said this was going to happen. It was inevitable.

giphy.gif

Hmmmm more money is pretty much turning down a fight. You fight for the contract you agreed to. Yair is in no position to barter with the ufc you are not a champion you are not even top 10 they gave you a chance you blew it now you have the balls to ask for more money.

I just got told he was a serious main eventer with legendary wins over Penn.

Zabit got him shook. Notice how money was a non issue with all those other guys. Zabit's name gets thrown in and then he wants life insurance money.
No one cares about the latest Sherdog fantasy from durkadurkastan named Zabit whodafookisthatguymohamedshirpov

Hmmmm more money is pretty much turning down a fight. You fight for the contract you agreed to. Yair is in no position to barter with the ufc you are not a champion you are not even top 10 they gave you a chance you blew it now you have the balls to ask for more money.
If that were true, there would be no need for bout agreements to be signed, which in effect are contracts to be negotiated.

Why are people surprised that yair asked for more money when you have zero idea how much was on the table to begin with?

And newsflash, that’s what ‘private contractors’ do, haggle over price, not immediately accept what is initially tabled.

Nope, if you’ve signed a contract for 4 pieces of work at $250 each and you’ve done 2 then you do the next 2 for $250 or get told to fuck yourself because you are in breach and we will take the next guy.

Guys who make the UFC money can maybe renegotiate.

"Wanted more money after a loss" :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: he was like number 15 and they put him against Frankie who was damn near number 1-2. Of course he got his ass beat

I just got told he was a serious main eventer with legendary wins over Penn.

No one talked to you. The discussion was about something else, you took words out of context and now use your wild imagination.

It's not true.

Yair Rodriguez has an existing contract and lost his last fight. He wouldn't take the fights unless he was paid more...HE TURNED DOWN FIGHTS AND WOULD ONLY TAKE THE FIGHTS IF HE WAS PAID MORE THAN WHAT HE AGREED TO ON HIS CONTRACT.

Say what you want, jumble words around to fit the narrative but he still refused to fight, plain and simple

It's not true.

Yair Rodriguez has an existing contract and lost his last fight. He wouldn't take the fights unless he was paid more...HE TURNED DOWN FIGHTS AND WOULD ONLY TAKE THE FIGHTS IF HE WAS PAID MORE THAN WHAT HE AGREED TO ON HIS CONTRACT.

Say what you want, jumble words around to fit the narrative but he still refused to fight, plain and simple
Was one fight due to money issues

Which other fights did he turn down to make it plural?

Fight vs Fights

Most guys always renegotiate while champion. Connor, Stipe and Weidman being good examples. Alvarez just did it. Giblert finessed a TUF gig after bearing washed Diego. Yair has been ducking and bullshitting. Look at that tweet when Zabit called him out. Hes probably been turning fights left and right. Then they finally got him to agree to fight zabit but he probably flip it and asked for more money. They probably had enough and said fuck off

I know it happened in the past. I say it will not help NOW.

Lol so he lost to Edgar then wanted to rematch Edgar or fight Holloway? And he'd only fight Zabit for more money?

Pretty clear why he got binned off then isn't it.

Was one fight due to money issues

Which other fights did he turn down to make it plural?

Fight vs Fights

He was offered Lamas fight twice. Once Lamas was scheduled to fight someone else, but then they told Yair that Lamas fight offer is still on.
However, as Yair says, he was "a bit disappointed". So he DID refuse Lamas.

He was offered Lamas fight twice. Once Lamas was scheduled to fight someone else, but then they told Yair that Lamas fight offer is still on.
However, as Yair says, he was "a bit disappointed". So he DID refuse Lamas.
He actually said he refused that fight? If so, thank you for clarifying

Most people in here are over thinking this. The truth is usually in the middle.

UFC contracts are not guaranteed, so it works both ways. They can cut you at any time, for any reason. There is absolutely nothing wrong asking for a pay increase on your next bout agreement if you think you can get it.

Presumably Yair thought being 6-1 and one of the more exciting fighters on the roster meant he deserved one of two things - either a top 10 opponent for his next bout, or a pay bump to take an unranked but dangerous fighter.

I'd venture a guess that Yair overplayed his hand and the UFC overreacted. Both conditions can be true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back