"Yair Doesn't Have Good Fundementals"

Because he fucking is stationary. Hendo closes the distance and Bisping reacts by just throws two weak punches flat footed and eats a punch. This is not complicated. You got some weird agenda.

dude you're the first mma fan i have heard claim circling had nothing to do with it obviously you know better than everybody else like i said if you think you're right make a thread about it and let's see how many agree with you but again you won't because you know you're wrong.

dude you're the first mma fan i have heard claim circling had nothing to do with it obviously you know better than everybody else like i said if you think you're right make a thread about it and let's see how many agree with you but again you won't because you know you're wrong.
Who gives a shit about the direction he was supposedly circling. If there is no distance between you and your opponent, and your hands are completely down, and your opponent is Hendo, the direction you are circling becomes irrelevant.

Who gives a shit about the direction he was supposedly circling. If there is no distance between you and your opponent, and your hands are completely down, and your opponent is Hendo, the direction you are circling becomes irrelevant.

like i said make a thread about it you obviously know better than bisping's coach,rogan and all of mma fans :rolleyes:

like i said make a thread about it you obviously know better than bisping's coach,rogan and all of mma fans :rolleyes:
You know you have a weak position when you have to make up fictional opinions that agree with you. Now Rogan agrees with you too??

You know you have a weak position when you have to make up fictional opinions that agree with you. Now Rogan agrees with you too??

fictional? you're the first person in all my years of being an mma fan that i have heard say circling to hendo's power side had nothing to do with bisping getting ko'd it's laughable, you know damn well your opinion is the minority.

fictional? you're the first person in all my years of being an mma fan that i have heard say circling to hendo's power side had nothing to do with bisping getting ko'd it's laughable, you know damn well your opinion is the minority.
I'm looking at the video and calling it as I see it. It didn't matter which way he was supposedly circling because there was no distance between the two and Bisping's hands were completely down.

Whatever, though. Agree to disagree.

He's only 23, give him a break. He's is constantly improving and learning. I think tonight was good for his experience. He's got holes in his game but those can be corrected with time.

People always find something to bitch about. Let's just be thankful we got another young exciting fighter to watch instead of criticizing every little thing.

If Yair fought anyone on the caliber of Eddie Alvarez, the only thing spinning would be the room after he gets knocked the fuck out. Cacares is a low level fighter, if he didn't have this strange notoriety he has because of TUF, his look and his personality, he'd be out of the UFC. This is the guy Yair couldn't really do shit to.

I really don't know what is your point. Yair is a year or 2 away from being ready for elite competition.

I really don't know what is your point. Yair is a year or 2 away from being ready for elite competition.

You tried using RDA losing to Alvarez but Yair beating Cacares as an example of why fundamentals are overrated, which is absolutely ridiculous. If he keeps going how he's going i.e. flash without fundamentals, he's not gonna be ready for elite competition any time soon.

You tried using RDA losing to Alvarez but Yair beating Cacares as an example of why fundamentals are overrated, which is absolutely ridiculous. If he keeps going how he's going i.e. flash without fundamentals, he's not gonna be ready for elite competition any time soon.

My point was RDA got knocked out while implementing great fundamentals. That punch that Alvarez connected with slipped inside RDAs proper block, the problem is 4oz gloves don't provide anywhere near the amount of defense that regular boxing gloves do.

Also, Yair is a Taekwondo fighter, his fundamentals are vastly different. Heck, Stephen Thomson comes in with hands down too.

Fundamentals is too easy to use as a buzzword.

In my mind, what Yair needs to work on most is positioning and distance, particularly after landing a strike.

After that, he probably needs a Sunday punch or kick with which he can reliably threaten a KO, or at least serious pain. A strike to put the fear of God into his opponents. Kind of like how everything McGregor does is to lead people onto his left hand.

Fundamentals is too easy to use as a buzzword.

In my mind, what Yair needs to work on most is positioning and distance, particularly after landing a strike.

After that, he probably needs a Sunday punch or kick with which he can reliably threaten a KO, or at least serious pain. A strike to put the fear of God into his opponents. Kind of like how everything McGregor does is to lead people onto his left hand.

I think this is the best way to put it. Yair has the skill, balance, and athleticism to do all kinds of crazy stuff, but there's just no method or setup to anything he does. What he does is pretty much throwing a bunch of shit at a wall and hoping that something sticks, and repeating until he connects. It's throwing a side kick and then following up with an uppercut and wondering why it missed by 10'.

He desperately needs to learn distancing and strike setups. It's cool if he wants to throw a bunch of spinning shit, but he's gotta learn better ways to walk his opponents into them. Conor for instance gets people scared of his left hand so they circle into his spinning kicks, and Valentina Shevchenko gets her opponents to step in on her so she can land spinning back fists and wheel kicks. Yair needs to learn that there is a method to the madness, and that crazy shit usually doesn't land for no reason.

Back