Media Yair attempted a very similar elbow earlier in the fight

Reclusive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It was right before the bell as well just like the one he landed.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
One of the best finishes in recent memory, maybe ever..

I rewatched the fight yesterday.. And yes, Yair attempt at least 3 or 4 wicked elbows that night.

Those attempts weren't "very similar" to the finish.

Spinning shit and elbows all over the place. What a fight and finish.

nick diaz hated that fight due to all the spinning shit and elbows.

He does the upwards elbow strike after about 3 or 4 of Zombie's strikes in that little clip
Nope that's a sideways elbow on a rebound, probably why it looks "upwards". The last one is from the back. I mean the vids are in front of you ffs.

Not a single elbow thrown there, he did landed a spinning elbow earlier tho.

They’re completely different

The most amazing aspect of that strike was its power to instantly cleanse virtually everyone's memory banks of the fact that Yair was getting beaten up and losing to KZ for 24.99 minutes.

That was a legit magic elbow.

Yea. I just heard Israel mention that Yair tried it a couple of times during the fight. I hadn't noticed that.

He throws an elbow coming up from a duck
That's the one I just explained and it's not similar at all, you trolling or just can't use your eyes for shit? Whoever tweeted that wanted to make it seem less of a fluke lmao. The whole fight I remember only one elbow that landed besides the finish.

That's the one I just explained and it's not similar at all, you trolling or just can't use your eyes for shit? Whoever tweeted that wanted to make it seem less of a fluke lmao. The whole fight I remember only one elbow that landed besides the finish.
I don't think you understand what 'similar' means

It was right before the bell as well just like the one he landed.

giphy.gif

the second to last strike he throws in that gif is the same elbow he ended the fight with.

also notice how good his boxing defense is. he slips 4 of the 6 punches thrown

Those attempts weren't "very similar" to the finish.
yes it was. the 2nd to last strike yair throws was an upward elbow that wasn't high enough to connect with with zombie's face. one can say that through trial and error, he realized that he had to throw the elbow a little higher the next time around, which he did. give the man some damn credit. he's more creative than you'll ever be and he knows what he's doing.

Back