Xiomy Road Fc 042 Chungju Fight Festival

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Chungju World Martial Arts Festival

Chungju is the birthplace of Taekgyeon, a traditional Korean martial art of kicks, sweeps and throws that has survived for over 1,000 years. In 2011, Taekgyeon was the first martial art recognized on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity List. The Chungju World Martial Arts Festival started for the globalization of traditional Korean martial arts, and is now known as the venue for the international exchange of diversity and excellence in traditional martial arts.

In 2010 the Festival was designated a UNESCO-sponsored festival, and this year marks its 19th anniversary. The Festival will be held September 22 through 28, and will feature Taekgyeon, Ssirum wrestling, the Olympic sport of Taekwondo, and almost one hundred other martial arts from across the globe. Aside from the hundreds of participants, demonstrators and competitors, upwards of half a million visitors are expected to attend.

Under the auspices of the World Martial Arts Union by permission of the Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs, ROAD FC is honored to present MMA for the first time as a part of the Chungju World Martial Arts Festival with Xiaomi ROAD FC 042.

For more information about the Festival, please visit the Official Website(http://www.martialarts.or.kr/index_eng.php).

Xiaomi ROAD FC 042

The first bout announced for this event is an Openweight rematch between Kim Chang-Hee (1-3-0-1, Free) and Shim Gun-Oh (2-2-0-1, Kim Dae-Hwan MMA). Both fighters originally met at ROAD FC 039, but an unfortunate unintentional eyepoke and headbutt caused the match to be stopped at just 25 seconds of the first round for a No Contest.

Originally, the stage was set for style versus style as Shim is a wrestler with heavy hands and Kim is a kickboxer who transitioned to MMA. The brawling big men were eager to get back into the cage once Shim healed completely.

New Wave MMA ROAD FC is the stage where legends shine, rookies thrill, and epic battles are waged that determine the future of MMA. From the pageantry of the grand entrance to the final crunch of the KO, ROAD FC showcases the very best of Mixed Martial Arts sports and entertainment. As we say in Korea, “Fighting!”

Kim Chang-Hee (1-3-0-1, Free)

VS

Shim Gun-Oh (2-2-0-1)

sm%2BROAD042.jpg

sm%2BYG36.jpg
showImage.php

http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0RRT3pjVE8=

showImage.php

http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0RRTXpjVE8=
showImage.php

Not sure if they messed up with Shim's name, or if he already changed his name back after last time, lol. http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0RRT3ljVE8=
sm%2BROAD042%2BShin%2Bvs%2BImai.jpg

http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0RBTTBjVE8=
showImage.php
On Young Guns card: Si Woo Park is a debutant. According to the source article from Road FC, she's been coming up through their amateur system, but can't find anything on her. She trains out of Team MAD. http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0RBTXpjVE8=
Road FC 42
Saturday 09.23.2017 at 03:00 AM ET
Venue: Chungju World Martial Arts Festival Stadium
Enclosure: Cage
Broadcast Times:
Korea (MBS Sports+) 17:00 KST prelims, 20:00 main card
International (YouTube) 04:00 EST prelims, 07:00 main card
S.E. Asia (sports fix.tv) 16:00 MYT prelims, 19:00 MYT main card

Openweight: Aorigele (4-3 1 NC China) vs. Yusuke Masuda (6-12-3 Japan)
Middleweight: Ikuhisa Minowa (63-42-8 Japan) vs. Dong Sik Yoon (9-9 S. Korea)
Middleweight: Eun Soo Kim (7-4 S. Korea) vs. Dae Sung Kim (4-4 S. Korea)
Openweight: Chang Hee Kim (1-3 1 NC S. Korea) vs. Yoon Jae Shim (2-2 1 NC S. Korea)
*Lightweight: Dong Guk Shin (1-0 S. Korea) vs. Shunya Imai (3-1 Japan)
Bantamweight: Ik Hwan Jang (5-1 S. Korea) vs. Emil Abbasov (7-9 Russia)
*Tapology seems to have linked to the wrong fighter,Shina Imai. The record I have here is for Shunya Imai.

Young Guns 36
-86kg Ctachweight: Eun Soo Kim (7-4 S. Korea) vs. Magomed Mutaev (11-3 Russia)
Atomweight: Jeong Eun Park (2-2-1 S. Korea) vs. Si Woo Park (debut S. Korea)
Bantamweight: Seung Min Shin (2-1 S. Korea) vs. Jianwei He (0-5 China)
Flyweight: Sung Jae Kim (5-7 S. Korea) vs. Soo Wan Park (1-1 S. Korea)
Welterweight: Byung Ha Lim (0-7 S. Korea) vs. Duk Soo Kim (debut S. Korea)
Lightweight: Young Jun Cho (1-6 S. Korea) vs. Tae Ho Jin (2-3 S. Korea)
Bantamweight: Jin Park (debut S. Korea) vs. Sung Jun Park (debut S. Korea)

Last edited:
DGVyTEPUAAAwj95.jpg

Hopefully Dong can get Minowaman to actually fight, Minowa has been the opposite of must see lately. Has the potential to be a very fun matchup.

DGVyTEPUAAAwj95.jpg

Hopefully Dong can get Minowaman to actually fight, Minowa has been the opposite of must see lately. Has the potential to be a very fun matchup.
Yes sir!

DGVyTEPUAAAwj95.jpg

should be dong's fight imo. i hope minowa comes to compete, but he's been lackluster recently.

DGVyTEPUAAAwj95.jpg

Battle to see who will wear more beige medical tape.

Two new fights added, including an openweight main event:
showImage.php

Chinese superstar Aorigele (4-3, 1NC) looks to rebound from the being the victim of the nut shot heard round the world. Yusuke Masuda (6-12-3) is a journeyman best known for winning the 2014 Inoki Bomb Ba Ye NYE tournament in 2014.

sm%2BROAD042%2BShin%2Bvs%2BImai.jpg

Dong Guk Shin (1-0) is best known for wearing his firefighter's gear to the cage, representing the hard working firefighters of South Korea. He takes on the much younger Shunya Imai (3-1) who also has kickboxing experience in addition to mma.

When is soo chul Kim and kwang "crazy" hee lee returning to the cage?
Fun fact: just checked his sherdog profile and its kwang hee lee's birthday today lol.

Thanks to fighters I follow liking certain posts, I found the Young Guns poster for this event, courtesy of Naver Sports News

image_zpsmk2kvu7t.jpeg

Edit: seriously, fuck photobucket.

Last edited:
Try this again. I went to the Road FC Korean language site. Way more news articles on there.

YOUNG%2BGUNS%2B36%2B%25EB%25A9%2594%25EC%259D%25B8%2B%25ED%258F%25AC%25EC%258A%25A4%25ED%2584%25B0%2528%25EC%2588%2598%25EC%25A0%2595%2529_0816.jpg

Event poster out for the main card.
ROAD%2BFC%2B042%2B%25ED%258F%25AC%25EC%258A%25A4%25ED%2584%25B0.jpg

Getting in my picks early The bout order is all out of whack on Tapology at the moment:
43412-1281752.png

Records wise, this is the worst Young Guns card I've seen in a while. However, if I've learned one thing about Road FC's matchmaking, it's that the Young Guns pretty much always deliver some great finishes.

As for the main card:
I know nothing about Imai. Shin is no spring chicken, going pro at 35, but he looked really good in his (controversial) debut. Going with Shin.
I can't find anything about Si-Woo Park, although Road says she's been fighting in one of their amateur circuits. Going with "Little Wolf" Jeong Eun Park.
Gun-Oh Shim seems to have changed his name back; either way, I think he'll find a win this time.
Dae Sung Kim has been more active than Eun Soo Kim. I think that ring rust will be a factor.
Yoon vs Minowa is a toss up. I'm picking Yoon, because I think he's hungrier for a win.
Masuda had some luck fighting for Inoki a few years ago, but I see another Aorigele (t)ko.

Broadcast times added to my big post above.

A goggle translated article on So-Woo Park, Jeong Eun Park's opponent, from Road's Korean language site:
ROAD FC (Road FC, Chungmoon Hong) Atsumi Champion Ham, Seo-hee (30, Team Mad) showed affection for 'Little Ham Seo-hee' Park Si-woo (27, Team Mad) who is about to make his debut.

Park Si-woo will meet with Park Jung-eun (21, Team Strong Wolf) at the XIAOMI ROAD FC 042 X 2017 Chungju World Martial Arts Festival at the Chungju World Martial Arts Festival Stadium on September 23.

Although it is debut, many fans are expecting the performance of Park Si - woo. This is because he has won a gold medal in WAKO Asian kickboxing championships in 2012, and a gold medal in kick-offs in 2013 in the Incheon Indoor Ballroom Asia Games. The key is whether we can show the ability of putting martial arts in mixed martial arts. And the fact that he is a 'sparring partner of the champion' who is training together with a team like Ham Seo-hee,

"I am worried that the player who starts now is a bigger dreamer, but it is accompanied by the qualifier of" Little Ham-seo-hee. "Ham Seo-hee said," (Park) Siu has not continued martial arts, , I have been exercising all the time as a kickboxing player. So, strength, stamina and strength are all excellent. Above all, there is a lot of desire for this movement. I think it's a good understanding of mixed martial arts and a good innate sense. "

Park Sook-woo's opponent Park Jung-eun is also a talented player Ham Sai-hee has never praised in previous interviews. "I think Park Jung-eun is doing a good job in batting so I do not think anyone will go to the ground and it will be a really fun battle," he said.

042_%25ED%2595%25A8%25EC%2584%259C%25ED%259D%25AC%25EB%25B0%2595%25EC%258B%259C%25EC%259A%25B0_0823.PNG

This video actually has me excited for this fight

Dongbar for life! I was at k1 in la when he beat manhoef it was wild. Fan ever sincw

Back