xenoblade chronicles 2

kenetics

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is an awesome game! The characters were very intriguing and the story was great! The music was a 10/10.

I'm a 100+ hours in and still having fun. This game reminds of FF7. If you have a switch, this is a must own game!

I can't wait for its expansion pack later this year!

Does that series have anything to do with Xenogears?

God, Xenogears is an elite tier game. They just do not make em like that anymore. I even like the Xenosaga series as well. I miss Square in its prime.

I loved Xenogears and Xenosaga too. It's too bad they won't make a hd version of the Xenosaga series for PS4/XB1 like they did for that crappy .hack series.

I think you mean XenoBLADE Chronicles 2. And yes it is an amazing game! Loved everything from the combat to the story to the characters. Also all those blade waifus

Own it but a bit hesitant to start it at the moment.

100+ hours in and still can't get the name down

Man get on it. It's an awesome game.

I mean I paid $60 for it because everyone in the Switch thread talked so highly of it without doing much research on it myself. It was more of an impulse buy. I love adventure games, but more along the lines of Action RPG. I’m not sure if the combat system in this game is for me, but I’ll at least give it a go.

I mean I paid $60 for it because everyone in the Switch thread talked so highly of it without doing much research on it myself. It was more of an impulse buy. I love adventure games, but more along the lines of Action RPG. I’m not sure if the combat system in this game is for me, but I’ll at least give it a go.

Combat system is actually pretty good. You have to combine elements together to do massive damage. You will not beat end game bosses without knowing all combat stragety no matter if you are Max level.

Story is awesome and each blade you get have their own story .

The music is a 10/10 too.

Combat system is actually pretty good. You have to combine elements together to do massive damage. You will not beat end game bosses without knowing all combat stragety no matter if you are Max level.

Story is awesome and each blade you get have their own story .

The music is a 10/10 too.

That was actually one of my favorite things about the game. A lot of games will have complicated combat systems but you can get by with just the basics. This game forces you to eventually learn the whole combat system in order to proceed. I literally had to stop playing go back to normal mobs and figure out what was going on. Then go back to the one of the bosses to proceed.

That was actually one of my favorite things about the game. A lot of games will have complicated combat systems but you can get by with just the basics. This game forces you to eventually learn the whole combat system in order to proceed. I literally had to stop playing go back to normal mobs and figure out what was going on. Then go back to the one of the bosses to proceed.

Yup. Superbosses will own you if you don't understand the combat system.

Does that series have anything to do with Xenogears?

Not a thing.

God, Xenogears is an elite tier game. They just do not make em like that anymore. I even like the Xenosaga series as well. I miss Square in its prime.

Ick, I hated Xenogears and I have no idea how it got so much hype. The characters couldn't have been more cliched, there's a lot of bad plot stretches, some of the episodes are horribly stupid, and the battle system was very bland and boring where you just used the strongest combo against every enemy since there was no reason to use the other ones. And not to mention that the second half of the game is the main character literally reading a Cliff's Notes version of the plot with some of the most tragic moments being summed up with a screenshot.

As for Xenoblade, I liked the game and spent around three months doing everything there is to do but not really enough to want to get into the sequels. The plot is very cliched but at least the characters are very likeable and realistic so it has that going for it. And it felt too easy to nerf the game since just doing quests would eventually overpower your party. The battle system was cool but I really did the exact same thing in almost every fight.

Yup. Superbosses will own you if you don't understand the combat system.

I recommend folks just get into DoTs for the superbosses. I always controlled Melia and Riki and Dunban with both me and Riki piling DoTs onto every boss. I wish Shulk could have been in the party but his AI is terrible so you need to control him directly to have him be effective. You have to do the same for Melia so he was left out, sadly.

And not to mention that the second half of the game is the main character literally reading a Cliff's Notes version of the plot with some of the most tragic moments being summed up with a screenshot.

I believe this was a budget issue. The first disc was already a pretty long game so they had to cut stuff out for the last disc.

Back