XCOM 2 discussion ***Now on Consoles*** | Page 5

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Bob Gray, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Gandzooka Green Belt

Gandzooka
    Well, finished my new game. The sword that never misses from one of the chosen makes rangers insanely good when you add other ranger abilities like, if you kill someone, next attack on you misses, get a free movement after a kill and especially bladestorm which gives your ranger a instant melee attack on nearby enemies who try to do something.

So you run up to enemy and slice him up, then you get extra move and use that to move next to other enemy, who then dies if it moves or tries to attack you thanks to bladestorm.

2. Blayt7hh Gold Belt

Blayt7hh
    I tried starting War of the chosen last night and downloaded updated mods for it, but the game keeps crashing on launch. Guess I'm going to have to play a guessing game to see which is causing it

3. method115 Steel Belt

method115
    Questions for those playing Xcom2 hows the story? I've heard mixed things online. From what I played of Xcom 1 there pretty much was no real story other than aliens are invading, your the team setup to help.

4. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    It's got a fine story but it's not Witcher 3. There's a strategic level timer tied into your missions. Plus the dlc adds some specific missions and characters. The Chosen aliens all have personality. Mostly though it's you building a story with characters in your roster - you get used to them and care for them. They upgrade, customize and die.

method115 likes this.
  5. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    Actually that would be fucking hard in real life. Rifles are heavy, large and unwieldy. That's why sniper rifles, rifles, carbines, sh machine guns, shotguns and pistols exist. A sniper rifle is good for say 200 yards and out. A pistol is good for one tile away.

6. Strychnine Gold Belt

Strychnine
    Yup, it IS brutal. You just have to gangplow the chosen though.

7. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    Rulers are worse IMO. Take an action every action you take is unacceptable for me.

8. Blayt7hh Gold Belt

Blayt7hh
    And actually to caveat off that, in the game they do give you negative modifiers for being to close to your target with the sniper rifle

After uninstalling all my mods and only adding the essentials, I finally got WoTC up and running last night. So far it's been pretty awesome, the new classes are pretty sweet