XCOM 2 discussion ***Now on Consoles***

It is amazing. It is for sadists. But it is amazing.

I highly recommend you look into nerfing the air war portion of the game. It is a stupid RNG fest w/ no real strategic depth. I modded the ini to speed up repair along with a few other minor tweaks.

The rest of the game is amazing, incredibly hard, but amazing.

Yeah, the interceptions are just stupid. You get large ufos far too soon, and everything takes far too much to down until very, very late when you get fusion lances.

I have no idea how to properly edit the ini though, so I'll keep going as it stands. On my third play through now.

Yeah, the interceptions are just stupid. You get large ufos far too soon, and everything takes far too much to down until very, very late when you get fusion lances.

I have no idea how to properly edit the ini though, so I'll keep going as it stands. On my third play through now.

Look at the reddit for xcom. there is a guide on there. essentially find the right ini file and open in word pad. change out certain values.

The problem for me was not the early large ufo sightings as the game intentionally provides you with things you cannot beat early on. What pisses me off is the "take light damage takes 10 days to repair" bullshit.

Being a console junkie, I'm sad that XCOM 2 is PC only. And now with all this talk about how great the long war mod is, I'm sad about that too.

Perhaps I should invest in a new PC so I can play both long war and XCOM 2.

Do any of you know if they have gamepad support? I refuse to play any games with a keyboard and mouse due to some carpal tunnel problems I have. Which is probably why I ended up being a console junkie in the first place.

Oh yeah, I'm getting this. Nothing like controlling your soldiers named after your friends and family to fight off an alien invasion.

+1 for the long war mod for anyone who hasn't tried it.

X-com 2 War of the Chosen is great.

Who's playing?

X-com 2 War of the Chosen is great.

Who's playing?
I am, worth the price IMO, changes a lot compared to vanilla xcom2, have already killed 1 chosen. Ability to assign some skills outside classes normal skill tree through use of ability points is good as well. And the Lost enemies which give you free action for every kill make pistol using sharpshooters valuable. (At least in the early stages when the Lost dont have much hp)

Same here, love new skill tree, new classess and fights again chosen.

Avatar project and time limit still bugs me, lol.

Same here, love new skill tree, new classess and fights again chosen.

Avatar project and time limit still bugs me, lol.

Zero issues with avatar project. Use a +2 mod for the time limit and then switch to the resistance order for the same

Dangit! They're not giving it controller support. That means I'd have to fork out the cash for a new PC just so I can play long war, and I won't even be able to play xcom 2.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-06-xcom-2-wont-launch-with-gamepad-support

Is it worth $800 to play just one game? Or not even a game, really, but a mod?

Available also on consoles.

Also not worth 800$ unless you're the type of rich idiot who spends cash on virtual spaceships.

Available also on consoles.

Also not worth 800$ unless you're the type of rich idiot who spends cash on virtual spaceships.
The post you're quoting is from July 2015 when it was NOT on consoles.

Don't mind me. I'm just a poor idiot who reads dates.

Started playing this recently (Vanilla game) and it's brutal. The new enemies are fucken cheap as shit

The post you're quoting is from July 2015 when it was NOT on consoles.

Don't mind me. I'm just a poor idiot who reads dates.

Just in case somebody else comes into the thread and yes I knew what I was writing

All I know about Xcom 2 is that I should be able to hit a Faceless with a sniper rifle from literally one tile away. For fuck's sake!!!

I tried for like a half hour to import my character pool over. Export everyone into a file, move the file into the same folder in the "chosen" path, then import when you start up teh game. For some reason only Jules Winnfield makes it over, despite the file being over a meg in size, far bigger than any other CP files installed. Anyone else have better luck?

Well, finished my new game. The sword that never misses from one of the chosen makes rangers insanely good when you add other ranger abilities like, if you kill someone, next attack on you misses, get a free movement after a kill and especially bladestorm which gives your ranger a instant melee attack on nearby enemies who try to do something.

So you run up to enemy and slice him up, then you get extra move and use that to move next to other enemy, who then dies if it moves or tries to attack you thanks to bladestorm.

I tried starting War of the chosen last night and downloaded updated mods for it, but the game keeps crashing on launch. Guess I'm going to have to play a guessing game to see which is causing it

Questions for those playing Xcom2 hows the story? I've heard mixed things online. From what I played of Xcom 1 there pretty much was no real story other than aliens are invading, your the team setup to help.

Back