XCOM 2 discussion ***Now on Consoles***

One of my absolute favorite things is the way they made Scouts (freaking awesome class) and put in Marksman Rifles (bolt-actions that can get an attachment to grant Squad Sight) so you can have a more mobile flanking Sniper-type if you want. I love that there are more valuable options for gunners as well as making Rocketeers very, very valuable as they now have assault rifles for normal attacks as well as their rocket. Not to mention the crazy-as-fuck changes to the MEC class.

dana-white-holy-shit-o.gif

I'd never heard of this before. Time to boot up XCOM again I think

Yeah, I never played it myself. Initially it was pretty small and just made the game a little bit longer. I wasn't aware of the expansive list of additions that have been made since. I guess I'll have to play it again.

You will not regret it. It is even more addicting than before, the challenge is magnified by granting perks to aliens as well as just generally making them stronger. Just wait until you see a "mega" Chryssalid :/ 50+ HP.

That sounds like the stuff of nightmares.

You will not regret it. It is even more addicting than before, the challenge is magnified by granting perks to aliens as well as just generally making them stronger. Just wait until you see a "mega" Chryssalid :/ 50+ HP.

Sounds awesome. How much longer is the campaign roughly? Twice as long?

Honestly not sure, I'm playing in Dynamic, which is shorter than the full Long War (it was recommended to play on Normal & Dynamic for the first go-round) and it's already a month longer than the regular game usually takes me. I have taken down a few Overseer UFOs, gone through a handful of EXALT cells. I have all the MEC suits, most of the armors, but I don't have all the research done yet for what was the final mission in vanilla. Don't know if that's the final mission in Long War or not even.

I will say that the 40+ alien UFO crash sites are annoying as fuck when 15 of them are Seekers and I forget to bring someone with bioelectric skin implant.

@Bob Gray:

Hey thanks for the info! I played X-com and the expansion on my 360, didn't know there were mods that awesome out there. That mod sounds really, really good. I've just ended up replaying over and over on classic.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/08/xcom-2s-exciting-modding-potential-ign-first

Mods and Xcom 2

*SHIT-TON OF MODS, Y'ALL!

“We're going all-out with modding on XCOM 2,” declared Creative Director Jake Solomon....

“It's yours now; do with it what you want.”

Praise for The Long War mod
“It's unbelievable what they did,” said DeAngelis. “The Long War was my go-to recommendation when our hardcore fans would come up to us at shows and would say, ‘I beat Impossible Iron Man three times. I want more.’ There's absolutely an awesome challenge there for you.”

“We're basically a 20-hour tutorial for The Long War, and that's okay,” admitted Solomon.

Beat Long War Dynamic Campaign. The last ethereal was a fucking beast, no more double-tap-easy-kill. Ridiculous amount of damage reduction, even after Shredding.

Time to go on to a harder difficulty.

My first experience with XCOM was Enemy Unknown and I played for 4 hours straight and stopped before the addiction took a hold of me.

2 should be just as good :D

40K mod plx

It'd be amazing to have a Space Hulk mod, but with that shit spread wide open - no more linear corridors. Can have different marines, different Tyranids. Shit bro, mix in some Orks, some Chaos, even Necrons

Would love a 40k mod! The lore and art design are so awesome in 40k but their games always suck. Man that's an awesome mod idea man.

40K mod plx

It'd be amazing to have a Space Hulk mod, but with that shit spread wide open - no more linear corridors. Can have different marines, different Tyranids. Shit bro, mix in some Orks, some Chaos, even Necrons

Sweey baby Jesus.....I never even considered....

giphy.gif

Would love a 40k mod! The lore and art design are so awesome in 40k but their games always suck. Man that's an awesome mod idea man.

why? they have a shooter verison of space hulk coming out. And from the small ammount of pictures if seen it looks fantastic

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/meet-the-xcom-2-ranger-ign-first

New class: Ranger

*Specializes at close quarters combat (Shotgun/melee weapon)

*Potentially even deadlier than double tap sniper. Upper tier "Reaper" skill allows Ranger to keep attacking so long as they score a melee kill. Can chain infinitely. So completely possible to stabface, stabface, stabface, shootface, in a single turn.

*Another top tier ability, Phantom, allows another movement action after scoring a kill

*Combine both for Phant-o-Reaper goodness

Looks like a whole new art style, I'm digging it. However, doubt my computer could run it at it's best, so going to skip it if it doesn't get a console release.

Long War Mod? I must look into this.

*reinstalls*

It is amazing. It is for sadists. But it is amazing.

I highly recommend you look into nerfing the air war portion of the game. It is a stupid RNG fest w/ no real strategic depth. I modded the ini to speed up repair along with a few other minor tweaks.

The rest of the game is amazing, incredibly hard, but amazing.

Back