Xbox Live Free Games with Gold - July 2018 (Ultimate Game Sale is live)

Same. Doesn't help that my HDD is basically full up, so I'm having to actually play some of the ones I have installed.

I have a couple of external hard drives hooked up to mine. The half a TB it came with wasn't even close to enough., and unless you have a fiber connecting like FiOS (which isn't available where I live) games take forever to download.

I keep fucking forgetting to cancel my game pass sub.

<{cruzshake}>

I have a couple of external hard drives hooked up to mine. The half a TB it came with wasn't even close to enough., and unless you have a fiber connecting like FiOS (which isn't available where I live) games take forever to download.
My ISP currently offers 100Mbps as their entry level package, but even then it still takes some time to download a 45 gig game. I need external drives, as 1TB fills up surprisingly fast when Hitman and FF XV are taking up something like 70 gigs each...

My ISP currently offers 100Mbps as their entry level package, but even then it still takes some time to download a 45 gig game. I need external drives, as 1TB fills up surprisingly fast when Hitman and FF XV are taking up something like 70 gigs each...

My connection is 60mbps and it's the fastest in the area. The good thing about externals is that they're really cheap now. I bought a 1TB HD for like $60 and I had a laptop that took a shit so I just bought an enclosure and robbed the 1TB HD out of it.

So I'm running 2.5 TB if you include the internal which is half taken up by the OS. I currently have 190 games and 45 apps installed and I'm at 90%. You can use up to a 3TB HD per USB slot on the XB1. I would recommend getting a 3TB HD as they're only around $100 now and offers plenty of space. Just make sure it's USB 3.0 though.

I keep fucking forgetting to cancel my game pass sub.

<{cruzshake}>

They have me suckered in too. I do play some of the fighting, arcade classics, shoot em ups, and beat em ups with my fight stick though. I always think of cancelling it then I'm like ehh... It's only $10 :D. There are several AAA titles on there that I want to play, but I have such a huge back log as it is that I'm not going to get to them anytime soon.

Final Fantasy 15's 170 GB PC Requirement "A Mistake," Director Says
It's actually not a "mistake". It's just not the bare minimum. It's what is required to run the game at maximum graphical settings & textures:
"That was a mistake, actually," Tabata said. "That was a communications mistake-- something got put in a memo that really shouldn't have. What that is [the specifications that went out to press] based on the specs that we're running the demo on today."
The PS4 version comes in at ~57GB and the XB1 version comes in at ~51GB.

This is getting a bit out of hand. The average download speed in the USA in 2017:
http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-states/
mobile-country-speed-header.png

The issue here is that this is just the mean, and while the median looks good too, neither of these figures conveys the more enlightening truth that roughly 1/3 of American customers (mostly in more rural areas) are still running on connections that operate effectively between 2Mbps-10Mbps.

Split that difference: 6Mbps. That's 750 KB/s (or 0.75 MB/s).

To download a 170GB file at that speed would require 226,667 seconds: about 63hrs-- nearly three days. Don't plan to use your internet while that is downloading because you won't have enough reserve bandwidth to smoothly stream a 240p YouTube video. No competitive gaming online. Your internet becomes unusable.

Final Fantasy 15's 170 GB PC Requirement "A Mistake," Director Says
It's actually not a "mistake". It's just not the bare minimum. It's what is required to run the game at maximum graphical settings & textures:

The PS4 version comes in at ~57GB and the XB1 version comes in at ~51GB.

This is getting a bit out of hand. The average download speed in the USA in 2017:
http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-states/
mobile-country-speed-header.png

The issue here is that this is just the mean, and while the median looks good too, neither of these figures conveys the more enlightening truth that roughly 1/3 of American customers (mostly in more rural areas) are still running on connections that operate effectively between 2Mbps-10Mbps.

Split that difference: 6Mbps. That's 750 KB/s (or 0.75 MB/s).

To download a 170GB file at that speed would require 226,667 seconds: about 63hrs-- nearly three days. Don't plan to use your internet while that is downloading because you won't have enough reserve bandwidth to smoothly stream a 240p YouTube video. No competitive gaming online. Your internet becomes unusable.

Wow, have fun downloading Quantum Break at those speeds.

original

Damn. 170 gigs? There are times I'm glad I don't have a gaming PC.

The deals for July are super meh...
They are getting laaazy.

The deals for July are super meh...
They are getting laaazy.

at least with Splinter Cell Conviction you can rest easy comforted by the knowledge that all Splinter Cell fans asphyxiated themselves several titles before it and will be given a brand new gaming experience

I will say that I tried the cactus game today with my wife and it was actually really fun.

Thats good to hear. I downloaded it and its been a while since I played a twin stick shooter.

Picked up Elite Dangerous for $15. Not sure if Ill get anything else.

Last edited:
Back