Xbox Chief Phil Spencer Concedes Overtaking Sony This Gen Unlikely

This right here^

You don't have a number-cruncher at the helm. You have a person that understands gaming and what gamers want. Like someone said earlier, he's humble to boot.

I have a PS4 and an Xb0ne. The next-gen of those will be a slugfest!

And why two consoles? You rich?

Actually, in the case of the Wii, which curb-stomped the X360 by over 20m units sold and the PS3 by over a whopping 16 million sold, yes. Yes it does. That's simple arithmetic.

In the case of the Wii U, no, it doesn't, because the Wii U has sold the fewest systems. Nevertheless, it's really not that far behind the XB1 in terms of total physical game sales: 53.22m vs. 64.16m. But, that's irrelevant. The foundation of your logic was that higher game sales indicate which consoles are being played the most; logically, then, the console that sells the most games per unit is the console being played the most because it's the selling the most games per gamer or gamer household. Unless you intended to imply that this was a claim of the greatest absolute sum of man hours played...but you didn't. You simply didn't intend to say that. Even if you did it wouldn't make any sense.

The console that has all the most games is probably being played the most in terms of total gaming man hours.

Unless some games that are exclusive are being played a lot more than others. WII Golf vs Skyrim, I don't think so tho.

Never really understood owning more then one console. I just don't see any exclusive from any company worth having two consoles for. This comes down to personal preference of course. I will say owning a Nintendo console seems reasonable because they make a lot of great exclusive games. Like Zelda, Metroid, and the bawl/cart racing games.

you have to remember some of us are adults here.compared to the price of a night at the bar in an urban area ($100+ a night) and having a normal adult paying job and being responsible with my money,owning 2 consoles is not really a big deal.In fact i have a wii u,ps4,xbox one, 3 xbox 360's (one in each room) 2 ps3's a reg wii,2 sega genesis,a super nintendo,and 3 pcs and a laptop

and im not rich.I also dont goto bars or tons of movies (ill download and watch a movie at home and buy my drinks from the liquor store and hang with friends at my house)

I actually expect them to move some serious consoles with the Halo 5 bundle and the Fallout 4 bundle that has been making its rounds. If I didn't already have an XB1, I would totally jump on that FO4 bundle

Yep they will move plenty...I think that's why the timing of coming out and saying they aren't trying to compete...so if they outsell sony in november and/or december, they planted the seeds to be humble about it and repeat they aren't trying to compete...

I actually expect them to move some serious consoles with the Halo 5 bundle and the Fallout 4 bundle that has been making its rounds. If I didn't already have an XB1, I would totally jump on that FO4 bundle

Over at VGchartz they track the sales data of the consoles constantly and so far it's looking like the X1 might not even win the NPD this month. If they do it will be close. I think the price drop from the PS4 killed any momentum. I'm waiting for black friday and then I'll get an X1. I want to play with my cousin who lives in Boston and I already have a gaming PC for anything I don't play with him.

Over at VGchartz they track the sales data of the consoles constantly and so far it's looking like the X1 might not even win the NPD this month. If they do it will be close. I think the price drop from the PS4 killed any momentum. I'm waiting for black friday and then I'll get an X1. I want to play with my cousin who lives in Boston and I already have a gaming PC for anything I don't play with him.

It wouldn't shock me if they don't take the NPD in Oct since a bunch of people were probably holding out for the Halo bundle which dropped today. I expect the Nov/Dec numbers to be pretty big like last year.

It wouldn't shock me if they don't take the NPD in Oct since a bunch of people were probably holding out for the Halo bundle which dropped today. I expect the Nov/Dec numbers to be pretty big like last year.

The Halo bundle was released today but it was available for preoder way before that. It's still a few places behind the best selling PS4 bundle on Amazon.com. Which so far has predicted every NPD correctly since this gen started. It did gain #1 position for a few hours maybe days but then the PS4 retook the spot.

Whoa, that's pretty crazy the PS4 Nathan Drake bundle was outselling the Halo 5 bundle on the hourly best sellers. Curious how it does through the day when people start getting off of work and stuff.

I have an X1. I'd buy a ps4 too if I had the money. I don't care who sells more consoles. Just make good games.

Back