X-Guard Leglocks

goatfury

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://howtheyplay.com/individual-sports/X-Guard-Leglocks

I was first exposed to X-guard around 2002, and although it was being tinkered with before then, it wasn't until 2003 when Marcelo Garcia really brought the position to the forefront of the collective sport BJJ brain. Marcelo won all of his matches to win gold that year, and used X-guard sweeps to seal the deal in most of the matches. As a consequence, the familiar sweeps from X-guard are very well understood, and often preemptively defended. We're going to throw a monkey wrench into that.

NICE WORK CHAMP

I love it! I feel like we've got a similiar game and it slides in good with the past 2-3 videos that he's posted. Which is perfect because I'm the only guy at my gym looking to use x-guard so it isn't covered as much as half guard is. Keep it up @goatfury!

I love it! I feel like we've got a similiar game and it slides in good with the past 2-3 videos that he's posted. Which is perfect because I'm the only guy at my gym looking to use x-guard so it isn't covered as much as half guard is. Keep it up @goatfury!
Glad to help! Keep me posted as to whether you're able to use any particular entries.

Back