Wyoming - Republican group trying to ban Wind & Solar energy companies selling to locals

By the way: I was in Wyoming just over a year ago. I was reading their local papers and noticed mention of jobs created to cater to the burgeoning wind generation field and vocational colleges offering courses on maintenance, repair , service and install ion of wind turbines.

Thats still pretty damning. If coal is competitive, then this should not be nessasary. If its not, and has enviromental downsides, then this is outright corruption.

As I said I don't support the law on the information I have read in all the links.

That's not really very balanced at all, is it?

It gives he the other side but still doesn't justify this law as I see it. It's as balanced as the other links. So maybe I should have stated a different point of view.

Balanced? . Townhall's is throwing a fuss over a sensationalist headline to try and deflect and befuddle the issue at hand

The links in my OP and my own comment specifically state the ban applies only to the sale of wind and solar to Wyoming residents from wind and solar generating companies. The article TownHall is referring to itself states :

" Republican lawmakers in Wyoming have introduced a bill that would block the use of renewable energy in the state. If passed, utilities that use wind or solar to produce power for Wyoming residents would be penalized with a costly fine of $10-per-megawatt-hour. "

A stupid comment from Townhall : if governments can favor wind and solar then why can't they favor coal !

" Many states mandate utilities generate a certain percentage of electricity from renewable energy sources. These laws are intended to improve environmental quality by supporting zero or low air emissions energy. The laws are also often specific to wind and solar and rarely include other zero carbon and zero air emissions energy sources like nuclear, hydropower, or clean coal. If it is silly to preference coal or even clean coal to the detriment of solar and wind, is it not also silly to preference wind and solar to the detriment of other emissions free sources? "

..because wind and Solar are renewable ! and are generally better for the environment, except in cases where wind causes too many bird deaths that other energy sources might be better.

I support other forms of enter including nuclear, hydro and if they can make it clean coal.

The source I linked did point out the false headlines and a different point of view.

Your sources "lean" to wind and solar.

As I stated it would have been more accurate to say my source presented a different view.

Do you actually believe we can generate all,the power we need through wind and Solar?

And wind has its own environmental problems starting with the manufacturer of the turbines and the effect on wild life and people in the area of the turbines.

I think wind and solar have a place in engery production along with other sources. We need to keep working on cleaning up our other sources including nuclear and fossil fuels. I would like to see fossil fuels slowly fade out in favor of nuclear, hydro, wind and solar in engery production.

Nuclear energy=best energy.

That said, despite the misleading headline I disagree with the law. Aren't republicans supposed to be about less regulation?

Republicans stifling the free market, acting like fascists, and trying to keep people in the Dark Ages?

Im completely shocked!!! I thought they were the party of freedumbs and apple pie!!!

A little more on this and more balanced.

http://townhall.com/columnists/sara...is-not-banning-wind-and-solar-energy-n2273594

I still would not support this law unless I knew more then what I have read.
A little more on this and more balanced.

http://townhall.com/columnists/sara...is-not-banning-wind-and-solar-energy-n2273594

I still would not support this law unless I knew more then what I have read.

Still not sure I understand what the politician's stated goal with passing the law is, but this caught my eye.

Free market values do not comport with governments choosing market winners and losers. In energy this is true whether that source is coal, solar, wind, nuclear, natural gas, hydro or a yet undiscovered source. Rather, policy should allow all energy sources to compete as freely as possible to serve consumer energy needs.

The author homie seems to forget that in the utilities market the government grants a regulated monopoly (either to itself or a private entity). I guess people decided they didn't want every budding entrepreneur installing the required infrastructure.

In my state they've mandated that utilities run on 100% renewables by like 2040 or something. I'd love to see that happen.

I support other forms of enter including nuclear, hydro and if they can make it clean coal.

Since most people live on costs/water I'd say wave energy sounds more appealing than nuclear reactors. How much can wind and solar augment that I wonder.

Take money out of politics or you will end up with more unqualified appointees whose family have given 200 million to political candidates.

Take money out of politics or you will end up with more unqualified appointees whose family have given 200 million to political candidates.

Easy enough. Just stop regulating trade/business and money will become disinterested.

Nuclear energy=best energy.

That said, despite the misleading headline I disagree with the law. Aren't republicans supposed to be about less regulation?

Depends on what you are talking about regulating.

Depends on what you are talking about regulating.
I'm saying taxing wind/solar is an example of republicans not practicing what they are preaching. I outright condemn it the same way I do leftists.

It's the same shit they do imo, more regulation to create a monopoly. It's bad whether it comes from the right or the left.

Your sources "lean" to wind and solar.

Do you actually believe we can generate all,the power we need through wind and Solar?

And wind has its own environmental problems starting with the manufacturer of the turbines and the effect on wild life and people in the area of the turbines.
Popular Science isn't really a leftish publication.

Neither the links nor I have said anything about generating all the power through wind and solar, just said that the Repub group trying to prevent wind and solar companies selling to Wyoming residents is wrong.

Disgraceful. Diversified energy sources are the future.

We still need coal and oil, but we need to develop renewables.

Back