WWE Will Finally Address Macho Man/Stephanie McMahon Rumor In A New Documentary

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
WWE is releasing a new documentary on Macho Man Randy Savage. The company has released plenty of documentaries on Savage in the past, but WrestlingNews is reporting that this one will be more comprehensive. In fact the documentary will even delve into a long-standing rumor that has haunted the McMahons for decades.

The prevalent rumor that has gone around is that Macho Man slept with Stephanie McMahon when she was just 17. Her father, Vince, apparently didn’t know about this until year later and that’s why Macho Man was never allowed back in the company and wasn’t in the Hall of Fame until after his death. The rumor is so widespread that you can hear the RAW crowd chanting “Macho Man” at Stephanie as she cut a promo.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wwe-finally-address-nasty-macho-170535457.html

I thought Nash had already put that to rest;

Randy was Vince's guy. They would travel together, they would work out together. Randy was Vince's boy, much moreso than Hogan ever would be. Vince wanted Randy on commentary, instead of wrestling, in order to make way for the new guys. Randy still wanted to wrestle and was out of contract, so he fucked off to WCW without so much as a "see ya".

So, Vince took it VERY personally. Fast forward a few months later, here's Diesel filling in for Randy in a Slim Jim commercial, the director, who is used to working with Randy is saying "I need more energy, more like Randy, I need it more like Randy, like Randy" and Nash said "Look man, I know what you're wanting, but I'm not Randy, no one else is Randy, so if you want Randy, then just go get Randy". Slim Jim then said "Hey Vince, we're going to WCW, we want Randy". So Slim Jim took all of their sponsorship money, and took it to WCW.

Randy was Vince's guy. They would travel together, they would work out together. Randy was Vince's boy, much moreso than Hogan ever would be. Vince wanted Randy on commentary, instead of wrestling, in order to make way for the new guys. Randy still wanted to wrestle and was out of contract, so he fucked off to WCW without so much as a "see ya".

So, Vince took it VERY personally. Fast forward a few months later, here's Diesel filling in for Randy in a Slim Jim commercial, the director, who is used to working with Randy is saying "I need more energy, more like Randy, I need it more like Randy, like Randy" and Nash said "Look man, I know what you're wanting, but I'm not Randy, no one else is Randy, so if you want Randy, then just go get Randy". Slim Jim then said "Hey Vince, we're going to WCW, we want Randy". So Slim Jim took all of their sponsorship money, and took it to WCW.

I eat Slim Jims to this day because of Randy Savage.

Bigelow actually did the Slim Jim thing for a minute too but it wasn't best for business.

Scott Hall on Macho Man / Steph

Macho Man's Bro Lanny breaking it down:

This is one of those rumors, that those who want to believe it, believe it, reguardless of the truth, and don't want it to be disproven.

And the more the rumor it is not addressed, and finally denied, the seed is planted that it could be true.

Another way for this rumor to be addressed, which could kill it, is 'Do you believe the legendary Macho Man Randy Savage was a pedophile? Do you want that to be his eternal reputation?'

Well, it's gone from age 14 to age 17 so maybe this bullshiz is finally dying.

I eat Slim Jims to this day because of Randy Savage.

XWJIneK.gif

Why do you have to crush everyone's dreams with your precious facts?

This is one of those rumors, that those who want to believe it, believe it, reguardless of the truth, and don't want it to be disproven.

And the more the rumor it is not addressed, and finally denied, the seed is planted that it could be true.

Another way for this rumor to be addressed, which could kill it, is 'Do you believe the legendary Macho Man Randy Savage was a pedophile? Do you want that to be his eternal reputation?'

15-16 is legal in most European countries.

17? When did that happen? Wasn't it always 14?

Well, I've addressed this before years ago and I will do it once more.

It was always 17 but people on the internet used the 14 and, of course, the 14 stuck due to it being the younger and more "newsworthy and controversial" age. If this affair happened, it would've happened circa end of '93/'94 which would make Steph around 17ish as Steph was born in September of '76. Savage and Liz split in early to mid 92 and were officially divorced by September or so, if I recall correctly.

Now do I believe it to be true...it likely is true due to the following:

1. People can talk about and say whatever they want about how close Vince was to Macho Man but they weren't really as close as Diesel/Hall noted and people have been closer to Vince including Shawn Michaels. One thing to note, when Savage left, Vince knew about it and gave Savage a public, on-air farewell and blessing so that leads to the assumption that Vince found something out AFTER Savage left.

2. An old friend of mine that some of you like, dislike, and possibly even hate (although hate is such a strong word and should not be used casually) has discussed this with me personally through the phone and I still have email correspondence as well; I have had numerous conversations with Dave in the past as we were very good friends at one point, especially when I was a true fanatic and not the mere casual fan, and emails and I have asked Dave this over the phone and through one email. Dave has said to me flat out that he has heard this from industry insiders and wrestlers, not just from the internet community. He first heard about this in `96, right before the NWO formed and he dismissed it but as the years went by, he started believing it was true because of the WWE's unwillingness to even mention Savage's name. When WWE execs were released/fired/quit, when Dave asked about Savage, all they would say is that they were not allowed to use his name in any storyline nor was he to be mentioned in the back, let alone on air. A few commented to Dave that they believed the rumors to be true. As Dave said, and I concur in a conversation in '08, Savage is the only one in the demonized, forbidden Benoit space; he's never acknowledged and it was like he never existed even though Savage was one of the top 2 or 3 stars during the WM boom period.

3. Mentioned above, Savage was Benoit'ed before Benoit; he was relegated to the WWE's Hall of Shame where thou name shall not be mentioned EVER. When has that ever happened before? Vince has brought back the likes of Sable (sued the WWE and won a shitload of money), Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman, Hulk Hogan, and numerous others who have really fuckked him over so what did Savage do that was worse than what the likes of Heyman, Bischoff, and Hogan did?

4. To the point of #4, it wasn't until after Savage died that he was finally acknowledged. When the WWE released the first Macho Man DVD, which was LONG over due, it was almost touched on. Lanny beat around the bush, likely due to WWE's involvement, obviously, and if I recall correctly, Dusty Rhodes says something to the effect of "Obvioiusly we don't know the whole story and we will never know the whole story." when it came to why Savage was basically blackballed from the WWE for so long.

Again, could it be false and just a rumor? Of course it could very well be a rumor but all things point to it being true. I believe the Montreal Screwjob to be a shoot but between this Savage/Stehp rumor and the Screwjob, I think it's more likely that the Montreal Screwjob was a work than this rumor being false.

Bischoff's book contests this since he brokered a longer term deal with slim jim and other commercials and promotional's that offset Macho's entire salary and basically got him for WCW free. Slim Jim commercials moving to turner broadcasting without paying a lot of extra dime was a big deal.

Then again, this is Bischoff, so who knows

https://books.google.ca/books?id=eU...q=Eric Bischoff on Macho man slim jim&f=false

Last edited:
Bischoff's book contests this since he brokered a longer term deal with slim jim and other commercials and promotional's that offset Macho's entire salary and basically got him for WCW free. Slim Jim commercials moving to turner broadcasting without paying a lot of extra dime was a big deal.

Then again, this is Bischoff, so who knows

https://books.google.ca/books?id=eUxrpGfkew4C&pg=PA142&lpg=PA142&dq=Eric+Bischoff+on+Macho+man+slim+jim&source=bl&ots=bGIJyKgRxJ&sig=yBNWZinC7IIHPQikqk2V5O-HNDQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiN4u_l5uHMAhUi34MKHUKNBSYQ6AEIPTAH#v=onepage&q=Eric Bischoff on Macho man slim jim&f=false

You can see where it fits, because there was a Diesel and Bam Bam Bigelow commercial when they were still with the WWF

(No idea why it's reversed right after)

Then they went to WCW to get Randy back. So, as they say, supply and demand, "You want Randy back, well it's going to cost you".

I think it was Warrior who did the spots even before Savage.

Back