WWE Superstar, John Cheena Doesn't Care about the UFC, Not a fan

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/wwe-star-john-cena-explains-why-he-doesn-t-care-for-ufc-041116

"It's done great to establish itself as a brand, but in comparison with us, it doesn't resonate with me just because I'm a storyteller," Cena explained during a recent appearance on "Larry King Now". "I enjoy the story that we can tell in the ring and like I said, I think we do it better than everyone."

"It truly has marketed itself extremely well. It has fantastic exposure. There's no denying the athletic ability that it takes to step into the Octagon. It's not something I could do," Cena said.

"I'm not taking anything away from anyone in the UFC, because their success speaks for themselves but as far as it resonating with me, it's just not something I'm a fan of."

You think he dislikes it because he wouldn't be able to surpass a random test if he went to the UFC?

He "dislikes" (noob exaggeration and reveals the level of your intelligence) it for the exact fing reasons he stated that you....................... just pasted into your turd of a post! :O

TMZ scumbag
iu

As far as John Cena is concerned the UFC is just a wannabe version of WWE.

Must be really annoying for those WWE superstars when they are asked about UFC.

It is sad that the UFC and MMA in general keep trying to latch onto the success of WWE.

What WWE superstars? They haven't made one in over a decade and they have total control over their product.

All these people who are posting and never read what he actually said..He didn't say anything bad and had some good things to say.. He just said he was not a fan.

He said he's not a fan of MMA because it doesn't "resonate" with him cause he's a storyteller and he enjoys a story he can tell in the ring.

That's like saying I am not a fan of football because it doesn't "resonate" with me cause I am a fighter and I like sports that have fights. Yeah, no shit.

What he should of said is that the UFC and WWE are not comparable businesses. He is a performer who likes to tell stories. Whereas the UFC is about fighting.

What WWE superstars? They haven't made one in over a decade and they have total control over their product.

Maybe not a "superstar" but just a star in WWE.

Not everyone is going to love MMA and thats okay.

Maybe not a "superstar" but just a star in WWE.

Not everyone is going to love MMA and thats okay.

Then why would you come in here spouting that bs? That the UFC is a wannabe WWE and they wish they had the success of the WWE? That's laughable.

Then why would you come in here spouting that bs? That the UFC is a wannabe WWE and they wish they had the success of the WWE? That's laughable.

Just mentioning that WWE stars are proberly just sick of comparing what they do to the UFC.

As far as they are concerned the UFC is just wannabe WWE.

Not even gonna start how WWE shit talk can get a UFC fighter to a title shot quicker than a fighter who does it on merit. Chael and Conor for example.

This dude play-fights in jorts and it's still less embarrassing than a Reebok fight kit.

Just mentioning that WWE stars are proberly just sick of comparing what they do to the UFC.

As far as they are concerned the UFC is just wannabe WWE.

Not even gonna start how WWE shit talk can get a UFC fighter to a title shot quicker than a fighter who does it on merit. Chael and Conor for example.

Chael and Conor beat ranked, credible opponents. Cena's whole career has been a fairytale, a fantasy crafted by writers. He might as well be Huckleberry Finn.

I don't like this john cheena dude, and being an old school wrestling fan, I cant stand john cenas character.....though im sure hes a good hearted person and all.

I'm sure there's ways around it like anything else, but I'm pretty sure the WWE takes this seriously after Chris Benoit killed his family on their watch. Check out the list of people that have been suspended. They're obviously enforcing something.

WWE Wellness Program Violations

» Afa Anoa’i, Jr. – Suspended for 30 days on March 20, 2008
» Andy Leavine – Suspended for 30 days in August 2011
» Balls Mahoney – Suspended for 30 days in September 2006
» Booker T – Suspended for 30 days in 2007
» Booker T – Suspended for 60 days on August 30, 2007
» Carlito – Contract terminated on May 21, 2010
» Charlie Haas – Suspended for 30 days on August 30, 2007
» Chavo Guerrero – Suspended for 30 days in 2006 or 2007
» Chavo Guerrero – Suspended for 60 days on August 30, 2007
» Chris Kay – Suspended for 30 days in 2007
» Chris Kay – Suspended for 60 days in April 2007
» Chris Masters – Suspended for 30 days on August 30, 2007
» Chris Masters – Suspended for 60 days on November 2, 2007
» Darren Young – Suspended for 30 days on October 5, 2011
» Derrick Neikirk – Suspended for 30 days on January 15, 2008
» DH Smith – Suspended for 30 days on November 2, 2007
» Dolph Ziggler – Suspended for 30 days on October 10, 2008
» Drew Hankinson – Suspended for 30 days in October 2006
» Edge – Suspended for 30 days on August 30, 2007
» Evan Bourne – Suspended for 30 days on November 1, 2011
» Evan Bourne – Suspended for 60 days on January 17, 2012
» Funaki – Suspended for 30 days on August 30, 2007
» Gregory Helms – Suspended for 30 days on August 30, 2007
» Heath Slater – Suspended for 30 days on October 17, 2011
» Jeff Hardy – Suspended for 30 days in July 2007
» Jeff Hardy – Suspended for 60 days on March 11, 2008
» Jimmy Wang Yang – Suspended for 30 days on June 9, 2008
» John Morrison – Suspended for 30 days on August 30, 2007
» Kid Kash – Suspended for 30 days in July 2006
» Kurt Angle – Suspended for 30 days in June or July 2006
» Mike Chioda – Suspended for 30 days on August 15, 2011
» Mr. Kennedy – Suspended for 30 days on August 30, 2007
» Neil Bzibziak – Suspended for 30 days on January 15, 2008
» Randy Orton – Suspended for 30 days in August 2006
» Randy Orton – Suspended for 60 days on May 30, 2012
» Rene Dupree – Suspended for 30 days in June 2006
» Rene Dupree – Suspended for 60 days in February 2007
» Rey Mysterio – Suspended for 30 days on August 27, 2009
» Rey Mysterio – Suspended for 60 days on April 26, 2012
» Ricardo Rodriguez – Suspended for 30 days on July 2, 2013
» Rob Van Dam – Suspended for 30 days in July 2006
» R-Truth – Suspended for 30 days on November 22, 2011
» Ryan O’Reilly – Suspended for 30 days in September 2006
» Ryan Reeves – Suspended for 30 days in July 2006
» Sin Cara – Suspended for 30 days on July 18, 2011
» Snitsky – Suspended for 30 days on August 30, 2007
» Test – Suspended for 30 days in February 2007
» Umaga – Suspended for 30 days on August 30, 2007
» Umaga – Contract terminated on June 8, 2009
» William Regal – Suspended for 30 days on August 30, 2007
» William Regal – Suspended for 60 days on May 20, 2008
Eh Chris Benoit was concussion/brain damage related. Cena and HHH have the same drug testing as Vince

Not a fan of WWE......but why are you guys calling Cena roider? he has never failed a test and has always been anti drugs

To the guy who said people don't realise wwe is scripted, stay off the horse tranquillisers.

To the people talking about storytelling and drug testing, Conor talked his way into a payday and got choked out by a stoker. This shit is hilarious.

Cena would be HW champ with 2 months of training

Oh indeed Cena. Great person outside the ring but this "story" you've been telling for years has been so shit it's caused me to permanently stop watching pro wrestling.

Back