WWE Shareholders File Lawsuit Alleging Merger With UFC Was "Sham Sales Process" That Left Out Other Bidders

David Street

Use skills
@Brown
Reaction score
A group of former WWE shareholders has filed a class-action lawsuit alleging that the events leading up to the merger of WWE and Endeavor's UFC into TKO Group this year resulted in a "sham sales process" designed to keep Vince McMahon in power and minimizing other bidders.
The suit, made public Monday in Delaware Chancery Court, asserts breach of fiduciary duty claims against the defendants: seven members of the WWE board that include McMahon and Paul "Triple H" Levesque. It claims the actions of the board led by McMahon orchestrated an eventual deal "designed to favor Endeavor and exclude other bidders seeking [to] axe McMahon."

McMahon, who was forced out by the board as WWE president and CEO in 2022 amid sexual abuse and harassment allegations an an ensuing investigation, eventually returned with a newly installed board and announced a "strategic review process (i.e., a sale of the Company)," a move that, according to the suit, was McMahon "maneuvering to secure his power and control over the Company in the face of mounting stockholder discontent and government investigations into his illegal predatory behavior."
The suit added: "McMahon immediately approached his long-time friend and Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel, whom McMahon knew would allow him to remain at the helm of the post-transaction Company. … Thereafter, the WWE Board-which was controlled by McMahon- conjured up a sham sales process designed to favor Endeavor and exclude other bidders seeking axe McMahon.

The suit said WWE began signing confidentiality agreements with potential bidders on February 6, 2023. "The very next day, Endeavor submitted a proposal to combine Endeavor's Ultimate Fighting Championship (‘UFC') subsidiary with WWE in a cash and stock transaction where WWE stockholders would receive consideration equivalent to $88.43 per share."

I was excited when TKO happened thinking a new exciting sports empire would happen. But nothing..

1. What exactly were you thinking would happen?
2. The merger just happened.
They at one time said TKO would be the home of combat sports, so I was hoping for a top boxing promotion like PBC or Top Rank. Maybe Glory KB or One Championship's MT. Then when I googled combat events I found out one of the fastest growing sports is axe throwing and I thought it would fit ... World Axe Throwing Championships, World Axe Throwing League® Mario Zelaya, League Chairman and founder.

Heck was hoping now that TKO is separate from Endeavor maybe they can get back all those minor league baseball teams they were buying. Or at least put their PBR (rodeo) promotion under TKO but so far only news I get is Vince McMahon selling his shares.

Also Dana White is part owner of many types of sports. Thrill One Sports & Entertainment, Nitro Circus Live: is a travelling extreme sports show led by Travis Pastrana. Nitrocross, formerly known as Travis Pastran's Nitro Rallycross. Thrill One Media, Superjacket Productions (producers of Ridiculousness, Dude Perfect Show, Deliciousness, The Explosion Show and Crashletes).
🛹Street League Skateboarding (SLS: Rob Dyrdek's Street League Skateboarding). Nitro World Games.

But they do not even buy DWCS from Dana. Want to see them making progress the only news I get from them is losing ground and now this lawsuit.

<DCrying>

Nothing would make me happier than WWE and UFC ceasing to exist immediately and permanently.
Sorry, disagree.. grew up with WWF/WWE it is part of my American Culture. Now UFC is also part of my culture, all they need now is Monster Trucks and Rodeos, this is the United States of America I know and love. Add BBQ Baseball summers and Holiday Gridiron football Dallas Cowboys and Raiders... and Cheerleaders ..
<Watt1>

They at one time said TKO would be the home of combat sports, so I was hoping for a top boxing promotion like PBC or Top Rank. Maybe Glory KB or One Championship's MT. Then when I googled combat events I found out one of the fastest growing sports is axe throwing and I thought it would fit ... World Axe Throwing Championships, World Axe Throwing League® Mario Zelaya, League Chairman and founder.

Heck was hoping now that TKO is separate from Endeavor maybe they can get back all those minor league baseball teams they were buying. Or at least put their PBR (rodeo) promotion under TKO but so far only news I get is Vince McMahon selling his shares.

Also Dana White is part owner of many types of sports. Thrill One Sports & Entertainment, Nitro Circus Live: is a travelling extreme sports show led by Travis Pastrana. Nitrocross, formerly known as Travis Pastran's Nitro Rallycross. Thrill One Media, Superjacket Productions (producers of Ridiculousness, Dude Perfect Show, Deliciousness, The Explosion Show and Crashletes).
🛹Street League Skateboarding (SLS: Rob Dyrdek's Street League Skateboarding). Nitro World Games.

But they do not even buy DWCS from Dana. Want to see them making progress the only news I get from them is losing ground and now this lawsuit.

<DCrying>

A lot of bars and restaurants around here have axe throwing now, I havent tried it yet but it looks fun as hell

A lot of bars and restaurants around here have axe throwing now, I havent tried it yet but it looks fun as hell
Matchroom Sports in the UK claim to have brought back the sport of darts. For the United States of America and Canada Axe would be better.

Back