WWE Reportedly Signs AJ Styles and Other Top New Japan Pro Wrestling Stars

Got a link for that? Wouldnt mind seeing that

go to /r/squaredcircle and search Nakamura Steen. there will probably be a post of all the best matches that Nak has had over hte last few years. His match with Tanahashi at G1 Climax 25 is one of the best matches of last year.

edit:

Last edited:
bArp87A-635x847.jpg

go to /r/squaredcircle and search Nakamura Steen. there will probably be a post of all the best matches that Nak has had over hte last few years. His match with Tanahashi at G1 Climax 25 is one of the best matches of last year.

edit:

Nice one, thanks! Will watch that in a bit.

If you haven't seen much of Nakamura, that match against Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom 9 recently was about as good as it gets and stands as my favorite Nakamura match

If nakamura gets over maybe just maybe one day soon wwe will sign okada that dude has legit mega star power.

One interesting thing about Japanese psychology to me is outside of being stage like an actual "fight" rather than a performance, the concept of "fighting spirit" is also use rather liberally as well. It is almost like each wrestler have a super bar, and they trade shots with each other via stiff strikes/signature moves to push their momentum. And whoever fill their super bar first can unleash their finisher and win the match.
Japanese style is so focused on psychology it really is theater.

If you haven't seen much of Nakamura, that match against Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom 9 recently was about as good as it gets and stands as my favorite Nakamura match

Fudge yeah! I can't remember the last time I was on the edge of my seat watching a match like I was with that one! That was one of the all time greats for sure!

If nakamura gets over maybe just maybe one day soon wwe will sign okada that dude has legit mega star power.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

Yes, this strong style fighting spirit is more of an Japanese phenomenon. You see it in nearly every big match up. There will be a spot where guys trade vicious looking elbows, forearms, chops, or kicks going harder and harder and faster and faster until one guy gains the advantage. Japanese psychology is really different than American psychology

It is like those spots in American psychology where guys trade shots and the crowd would go ooh and aah depends on who. It is like that in Japanese, but only use more liberally. And guys in Japan can afford to do it stiff because their relaxed schedule. You put WWE schedule with such stiffness half of the roster would cripple themselves before 30s.

Japanese style is so focused on psychology it really is theater.

It is more natural looking to me, before it is a "fight" rather than a "performance".

Some more Nakamura matches are very good:

w/ Shibata (love Shibata, the crazy bastard) starts around 7:30 if you want to skip the promos/entrances (which start around 4:00).

10 years old:

Devitt/Nakamura:

The Shibata one was another really good one.

I love the Shibata match. Watch Shibata/Ishii from WK10, if you've not already.

I worry that the american audience can not handle the viciousness of a nakamura knee strike or the beauty of an okada drop kick

Okada or Ibushi are the guys I would've preferred the WWE sign over Nakamura. Both guys are younger (although Ibushi is only two and a half years younger). I don't think Nakamura will get to be Nakamura and his knee heavy style...not sure how well that will be received either. Still excited to see what they do with Nakamura. Hopefully they don't change him (character wise) at all and let him be him although I know his style of wrestling will have to change a bit but in all honestly, I think it is Nakamura who will likely be the forgotten one out of the NJPW raid.

I don't think Okada will be coming to America for a while.

But his last trip went so well...

I don't think Okada will be coming to America for a while.
There was a rumor about a year or so ago that wwe wanted to sign him but i think his ppl made it up to leverage a new more lucrative deal from njpw. But still having the rainmaker in wwe one day would be amazing.

Back