WWE Extreme Rules 2018 Live Discussion

Brock vs Bobby will be a fun mega match though

Last edited:
too many pinfalls to begin the match and then all of a sudden they can kick out of everything that far into it? for starters
I liked the change up of the early pin falls. All were off finishers or the quick roll up.

All the latter kick outs were off non finishers, but I do think some of those should have been pins (frog splash and super plex/Falcon Arrow for sure).

The kick out of everything has been a problem for years now. Holding it against this match is foolish.

The psychology was backwards. Its illogical that a fresh wrestler would be pinned so many times quickly but kick out if the same moves later when they are tired. Few pin falls early with quick pins late tells a more compelling story of tired athletes imo, and tells the story to a mark that the guys have given it all already.

EDIT One could argue that quick pins early the story that the competitors are going all out right away, but in that case it should be trading pins, not not one guy going up by 4.
END EDIT

The whole story was told upside down. And the restart finish with run in was nonsensical. If the goal is to set up Rollins vs McIntyre a single late game run in achieves it with less moving parts.

The psychology was backwards. Its illogical that a fresh wrestler would be pinned so many times quickly but kick out if the same moves later when they are tired. Few pin falls early with quick pins late tells a more compelling story of tired athletes imo, and tells the story to a mark that the guys have given it all already.

EDIT One could argue that quick pins early the story that the competitors are going all out right away, but in that case it should be trading pins, not not one guy going up by 4.
END EDIT

The whole story was told upside down. And the restart finish with run in was nonsensical. If the goal is to set up Rollins vs McIntyre a single late game run in achieves it with less moving parts.
I agree about the story being upside down.

END EDIT

It made no sense at all.

I blame the writers, Rollins and Ziggy can go, but can't go off script

Just let them have a normal singles match, Iron Man and 2 out of 3 pitfall cliches have been done to death.
I blame the crowd for what happened tonight, I might go to Raw tomorrow, Hulkster will probably be there, I might bring the Gawker belt that I made for Halloween a year ago.

Last edited:
Just let them have a normal singles match, Iron Man and 2 out of 3 pitfall cliches have been done to death.
I blame the crowd for what happened tonight, I might go to Raw tomorrow, Hulkster will probably be there, I might bring the Gawker belt that I made for Halloween a year ago.

2 out of 3 can still be done right, it's not as prevalent now as back when, but today's writers can't even write a good 25 min normal match let alone an iron man

I think ziggs and Rollins can go full speed for 30. It was such a weird match the way they laid it out. Very slow start into a bunch of quick falls

I think ziggs and Rollins can go full speed for 30. It was such a weird match the way they laid it out. Very slow start into a bunch of quick falls

The more I think about it the more I think the people in the back never wanted them to have a great match.

Rollins and ziggler go 20+ minutes on raw with no falls. 6 falls in like 12 minutes to start the match was stupid. The foot stomp sequence was the only one out of the 6 that didn’t fall completely flat. 2 great wrestlers but shit booking.

The more I think about it the more I think the people in the back never wanted them to have a great match.

I think the reason WWE is so flat is because they never really understood their audience. They hit a few good runs, but over all they miss the mark on the storylines. They don't give two flips about in ring story telling, just look at the commercials in the middle of most matches.

Back