WWE Could Go Out of Business in 2019?

That's kind of the point of the first video I posted. If the TV networks don't want to renew the TV deal, WWE goes under. There could be zero TV networks that would want to grant a WWE deal in 2019 considering how fast things move in the TV/streaming industry.
They really can't go under, their streaming network is getting close to the money of the tv deal and doesn't carry close to the cost. When they redid the tv deal about two years ago they even got a minor rise in dollars. If anything this is the reason wrestling isn't as popular, since the company can't go out of business they have no incentive to take the risks to improve the product.

Even if Comcast (the owners of Universal who owns NBC who owns USA) wanted out (which would be ratings suicide as the channel hasn't been able to replace their blue skies era which wasn't ever that big) the company could still get enough dollars to produce Raw. Even if tv was a loss leader, which it was in the brightest days in most wrestling organizations, the company would scale back and play to a new audience.

The problems you cite may be in wrestling's interests because they have a big audience and are a cheap buy (a year of WWE content on USA costs them hourly what a single Monday Night Football game costs ESPN). The largest issue, wrestling isn't a cool product nor ever was, is mitigated by the sheer volume of content distributors desperate to fill air time. Netflix paid 80 million for a Will Smith vanity project that gets them almost no buys, and is about two hours of content.

Nah

the three hour raw was because the network legit wanted it, and it gave more chances for advertisements

The network basically confirms it wont

Too big of a machine for it to ever go completely out of business

Yeah WWE's gonna die if they don't get back Del Rio, Cody and Omega.

Bump.

Watched this and what Big Show says just furthers the OP video's sentiments. I might disagree with him because I'm adamant that the really technical guys are the ones who need to be pushed, but either way, storytelling is severely lackluster in WWE nowadays.

You can't be that creative when you're PG. Bring back the fake sex scandals and kidnappings for the lulz.

And I love how Show describes the business model: "TV/App/Streaming/ADHD". Even an insider can't follow the business model, how do you think the older fans would?

There's no denying it sucks. But, McDonald's sucks and they've been around forever.

They really can't go under, their streaming network is getting close to the money of the tv deal and doesn't carry close to the cost. When they redid the tv deal about two years ago they even got a minor rise in dollars. If anything this is the reason wrestling isn't as popular, since the company can't go out of business they have no incentive to take the risks to improve the product.

Even if Comcast (the owners of Universal who owns NBC who owns USA) wanted out (which would be ratings suicide as the channel hasn't been able to replace their blue skies era which wasn't ever that big) the company could still get enough dollars to produce Raw. Even if tv was a loss leader, which it was in the brightest days in most wrestling organizations, the company would scale back and play to a new audience.

The problems you cite may be in wrestling's interests because they have a big audience and are a cheap buy (a year of WWE content on USA costs them hourly what a single Monday Night Football game costs ESPN). The largest issue, wrestling isn't a cool product nor ever was, is mitigated by the sheer volume of content distributors desperate to fill air time. Netflix paid 80 million for a Will Smith vanity project that gets them almost no buys, and is about two hours of content.

I'm excited to see that will smith cop troll movie

Now that I listened to the video I basically laughed hysterically. None of the things he listed killed WCW, he thinks basic coincidences are karmic happenings. Wrestlemania is so long because there is so much to get on the show, it gives the fans value (almost all of whom are ultra fans who traveled for the event) for their dollars. Most of the indies that Cody says are booming run big shows leading up to Mania in the same city to cash in on the event often competing with WWE fan events. Those shows are thrilled to get 500 of WWE's 70,000 fans in town.

He blames the three hour Raw for ratings drops and uses a chart that shows ratings trends from 1996. He blames injuries but the boom period of the Attitude Era had many more injuries. About the only real issue is the push of Reigns over everyone else but that could be stopped anytime if the company was on the line.

This is the truth.....The WWE continuing to push Roman Reigns, is the equivalent of when the Chicago Bears continued to start Jay Cutler at QB year after year....with similar results I might add......

This is the truth.....The WWE continuing to push Roman Reigns, is the equivalent of when the Chicago Bears continued to start Jay Cutler at QB year after year....with similar results I might add......
Nope. Some people in are actually a fan of Roman (not me but some people) nobody in Chicago liked Cutler.

I for one welcome our new RoH overlords

*watches Young Bucks match
*sees nothing but shitty superkicks with announcer yelling superkick
*gets rustled
*watches another RoH match... nothing but spot fests
*rustle continues
*watches MCMG vs Young Bucks... Bucks win after 20 superkicks
*rustle intensifies
*Kills Young Bucks
*buries them in the dessert

I liked those years... Woodson was Cutler's favorite target and it was a joy to watch.

I for one welcome our new RoH overlords

*watches Young Bucks match
*sees nothing but shitty superkicks with announcer yelling superkick
*gets rustled
*watches another RoH match... nothing but spot fests
*rustle continues
*watches MCMG vs Young Bucks... Bucks win after 20 superkicks
*rustle intensifies
*Kills Young Bucks
*buries them in the dessert
<mma4>

"10 Reasons Why"

Lost interest immediately

nah. Worst case scenario is that they downsize and run smaller shows and less events with a smaller roster.

Funny thing is, the exact opposite is keeping them alive
They did over 500 events in 2017
They spend over $9 to make $10, so what is helping them stay in the black is volume.
WWE never made $100m a year profit (even in Attitude era)
As someone else said, the TV deal is a key because its guaranteed money they bank on
Everything else is about volume, because the expenses are insane

That's kind of the point of the first video I posted. If the TV networks don't want to renew the TV deal, WWE goes under. There could be zero TV networks that would want to grant a WWE deal in 2019 considering how fast things move in the TV/streaming industry.

What is in WWE's favor is the fact that USA was again the #1 network on cable
While WWE's ratings have leveled lower then they ever thought & they bring in shit ad revenue.
USA sells the #1 network thing
If they lose 5 hrs of WWE in primetime, they fall out of top 5
If they get the same deal or slightly higher, WWE is fine
Like you mentioned, it is the biggest profit they have

Back