WW champion of the world Colby Covington respond to Askren callout and predicts Lawler vs Askren.

dawzz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/exclusive-colby-covington-askren/
colby-covington-ufc-fight-night1.jpg

The Welterweight champion of the world and one of the most polarizing figures of MMA Colby "Chaos" Covington gave his thoughts on Askren callout
“He’s a 34-year-old virgin,” said Colby “Who retires before they even get to the UFC? Losers. That’s who. But let’s be honest, the guy… I mean, can they even approve a fight for him in the top five? Can they? Can the commission do that when he hasn’t won a fight against anybody in a top 50? The guy’s a complete joke. I mean, it should be criminal that they even let him in there with a top five fighter. I mean, the guy’s a joke, man. No matter what your wrestling accomplishments are, you can’t bring that over here, over to the UFC and into fighting. You can’t live off your past. I just gotta laugh, man. Everything he’s saying is just so funny, man. He’s just setting himself up for the biggest fall, and it’s hilarious.”
The champ gave his thoughts on his "undefeated" record too
“10 OUTTA 10 GUYS HE’S FOUGHT, NOBODY KNOWS WHO THEY ARE, YOU KNOW. FIGHTING OVER THERE IN ASIA, YOU KNOW, THEY JUST BROUGHT IN GUYS FOR HIM TO BEAT. SO, YOU KNOW, HE’S FOUGHT A BUNCH OF AMATEURS, TO BE HONEST. SO, I MEAN, YEAH, COOL, YOU GOT A PADDED RECORD FOR BEATING A BUNCH OF AMATEURS, BUT NOW YOU’RE IN THE BIG LEAGUES, BUDDY.”
When asked about his thoughts on the prospect of an eventual Covington vs Askren showdown, Colby explained why he believes Askren needs to prove himself inside the UFC and why he feels Askren knows the fate of his teammate, Tyron Woodley. Covington affirmed, “You’re not getting hands up to the top of the mountain, you gotta earn your way up, you know. Once you get up, no worries, I’ll kick you right back to the bottom. But until you show up and you earn your way, I’m not giving any handouts. The guy sucks, he’s not on my level, his wrestling is not gonna work in the UFC. He’s scared to get hit, let’s be honest. He’s f*cking scared. He knows I’m gonna beat Woodley.

“That’s the reason he’s coming over. He knows I’m gonna beat Woodley, and he’s trying to be the revenge factor. He’s trying to hopefully be the guy who can save the day, but it’s not gonna happen. The guy’s scared to get hit. I’ll leave the guy lights out in that Octagon.”
“You gotta prove yourself. You got a couple of fights to prove yourself. You don’t get to just jump to the front of the line because you got all this hype on you ’cause your credentials from your past. You can’t bring your past with you, buddy. You’re a 34-year-old virgin, and you’re gonna get exposed soon.”

When asked about who he thinks will win between the former welterweight champion of the world Robbie Lawler or Ben Askren he responded with this:
“I COULD SEE LAWLER TURNING IT BACK ONE MORE TIME, YOU KNOW,” COVINGTON STATED. “LAWLER’S, YOU KNOW, HE’S KINDA AT THE END OF HIS CAREER, MOST STRIKES IN THE HEAD IN UFC HISTORY, BUT I THINK HE MIGHT HAVE ONE MORE LEFT HAND TO PUT THAT LITTLE ASS-CREAM (ASKREN) ON HIS ASS.”

Great response by the champ . Cant wait for him to nerdbash Woodley and Lawler to KO Askren.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/exclusive-colby-covington-askren/
colby-covington-ufc-fight-night1.jpg

The Welterweight champion of the world and one of the most polarizing figures of MMA Colby "Chaos" Covington gave his thoughts on Askren callout
“He’s a 34-year-old virgin,” said Colby “Who retires before they even get to the UFC? Losers. That’s who. But let’s be honest, the guy… I mean, can they even approve a fight for him in the top five? Can they? Can the commission do that when he hasn’t won a fight against anybody in a top 50? The guy’s a complete joke. I mean, it should be criminal that they even let him in there with a top five fighter. I mean, the guy’s a joke, man. No matter what your wrestling accomplishments are, you can’t bring that over here, over to the UFC and into fighting. You can’t live off your past. I just gotta laugh, man. Everything he’s saying is just so funny, man. He’s just setting himself up for the biggest fall, and it’s hilarious.”
The champ gave his thoughts on his "undefeated" record too
“10 OUTTA 10 GUYS HE’S FOUGHT, NOBODY KNOWS WHO THEY ARE, YOU KNOW. FIGHTING OVER THERE IN ASIA, YOU KNOW, THEY JUST BROUGHT IN GUYS FOR HIM TO BEAT. SO, YOU KNOW, HE’S FOUGHT A BUNCH OF AMATEURS, TO BE HONEST. SO, I MEAN, YEAH, COOL, YOU GOT A PADDED RECORD FOR BEATING A BUNCH OF AMATEURS, BUT NOW YOU’RE IN THE BIG LEAGUES, BUDDY.”
When asked about his thoughts on the prospect of an eventual Covington vs Askren showdown, Colby explained why he believes Askren needs to prove himself inside the UFC and why he feels Askren knows the fate of his teammate, Tyron Woodley. Covington affirmed, “You’re not getting hands up to the top of the mountain, you gotta earn your way up, you know. Once you get up, no worries, I’ll kick you right back to the bottom. But until you show up and you earn your way, I’m not giving any handouts. The guy sucks, he’s not on my level, his wrestling is not gonna work in the UFC. He’s scared to get hit, let’s be honest. He’s f*cking scared. He knows I’m gonna beat Woodley.

“That’s the reason he’s coming over. He knows I’m gonna beat Woodley, and he’s trying to be the revenge factor. He’s trying to hopefully be the guy who can save the day, but it’s not gonna happen. The guy’s scared to get hit. I’ll leave the guy lights out in that Octagon.”
“You gotta prove yourself. You got a couple of fights to prove yourself. You don’t get to just jump to the front of the line because you got all this hype on you ’cause your credentials from your past. You can’t bring your past with you, buddy. You’re a 34-year-old virgin, and you’re gonna get exposed soon.”

When asked about who he thinks will win between the former welterweight champion of the world Robbie Lawler or Ben Askren he responded with this:
“I COULD SEE LAWLER TURNING IT BACK ONE MORE TIME, YOU KNOW,” COVINGTON STATED. “LAWLER’S, YOU KNOW, HE’S KINDA AT THE END OF HIS CAREER, MOST STRIKES IN THE HEAD IN UFC HISTORY, BUT I THINK HE MIGHT HAVE ONE MORE LEFT HAND TO PUT THAT LITTLE ASS-CREAM (ASKREN) ON HIS ASS.”

Great response by the champ . Cant wait for him to nerdbash Woodley and Lawler to KO Askren.

LOL at boomerang Colby talking about "climbing the ladder".
The dude is a bad act that got handed an interim belt he does not deserve and then talks about how fighters should not receive handouts...

what a joke...
...well actually, thinking about it, this is the funniest Joke Colby could even come up with.

The dude is a bad act that got handed an interim belt he does not deserve and then talks about how fighters should not receive handouts...

what a joke...
...well actually, thinking about it, this is the funniest Joke Colby could even come up with.
Colby living rentfree inside your head.

LOL @ Mr Hoverhands calling someone a virgin

I respect you as a fellow GOAT ST-PIERRE FAN but i have to correct you here isnt that the same boomerang who came around from sydney and knocked out fabricio werdum in londton ? has he waked up yet ? That boomerang is 2-0.

Can this dude fucking grow up sheesh.

"Virgin"?

The dude is a bad act that got handed an interim belt he does not deserve
Why did he not deserve it? He beat Dong Hyun Kim, ranked #7 at the time, then defeated a top 5 opponent in Demian Maia who was at #3, then beat #2 Rafael Dos Anjos, all while Woodley was sitting out. If there were ever a good time to create an interim belt, this would be the time.

I like both Covington and Askren.

: )

Last edited:
Calling someone a virgin has to be one of the douchest things to do.

Colby is cringy.

He's like all the dumb jocks of american movies in the flesh.

"You're a virgin!" Smashes a Bud on his forehead and drives away in a Mustang.

Why did he not deserve it? He beat Dong Hyun Kim, ranked #7 at the time, then defeated a top 5 opponent in Demian Maia who was at #3, then beat #2 Rafael Dos Anjos, all while Woodley was sitting out. If there were ever a good time to create an interim belt, this would be the time.
Disagree.
Woodley got hurt but he would not be out for long enough to warrant an interim.
Meanwhile Colby ducked woodley and kept his belt.
Let us remember that Tony lost his interim belt for getting injured, so why is Colby keeping his?

Disagree.
Woodley got hurt but he would not be out for long enough to warrant an interim.
Meanwhile Colby ducked woodley and kept his belt.
Let us remember that Tony lost his interim belt for getting injured, so why is Colby keeping his?

Tyron wanted a fast turn around fight vs Colby after he won vs RDA.

It wouldn't have been in Colby's professional interest to accept a fight with a minimal camp and no extra recovery time (like how Maia did after his fight vs Masvidal).

Last edited:
They are giving Askren an easy fight with Lawler. Colby loses to Tyron and Askren.

Back