WTF. Yancy Medeiros is fighting Mike Perry at UFC 226

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I checked the fight card today and just noticed it. That fight is going to be bonkers! How come there was no mention whatsoever in the promotion yet, forget them coming off of losses, thats a guaranteed FOTN !

Stipe vs DC, Ortega vs Holloway, Ngannou vs Lewis, Medeiros vs Perry, Lando Vannata vs Drakkar Klose, and some Gokhan Saki as well, damngiphy.gif

very good fight with their styles

looking forward to it

Yancy should win if he fights smart and plays the matador, which he could absolutely do. But he's also so prone to getting into slugfests and his chin isnt as good as Perry's even though he has great recovery. He's gonna indulge Perry and get KOd, I feel.

Ill take Perry KO.

The Platinum Nation is just waiting on the confirmation of a Perry KO victory to reemerge from hibernation and take over Sherdog again.

giphy.gif

jsTNP2H.gif

aftao2fdtihm9zo6g.jpg

Perry has been out training at Jackson Wink for the past couple months. Hopefully they are touching up his striking. He can win this one if he comes in with the right game plan. He didn’t have the proper coaching for his last fight, and instead had his girlfriend in his corner yelling at him to break his opponents knee.

Yancy should win if he fights smart and plays the matador, which he could absolutely do. But he's also so prone to getting into slugfests and his chin isnt as good as Perry's even though he has great recovery. He's gonna indulge Perry and get KOd, I feel.

Ill take Perry KO.

Perry most likely takes it due to medeiros always wanting to stand and bang, you cant really do that with a guy like Perry but you know they gonna stand and bang, guaranteed fireworks while it lasts, i still get flashbacks of that medeiros oliveira fight hah

Only way this can get better is if its reffed by Yamasaki.

Ugh I’m tired of being disappointed. Can’t really get pumped for Perry fights anymore.

Perry has been out training at Jackson Wink for the past couple months. Hopefully they are touching up his striking. He can win this one if he comes in with the right game plan. He didn’t have the proper coaching for his last fight, and instead had his girlfriend in his corner yelling at him to break his opponents knee.
they told him to throw combos instead of loading up on one punch at a time, to push him against the cage and to throw more leg kicks (which were landing). He would have won if he listened.

yeah, sadly platibum will probably get the win here since yancy gets hurt in like every single fight.

i'm sure that's why UFC made this fight, platibum is pretty chinny himself though.

Yes! I hope it's the main card opener.

I think Yancy pulls off the upset (is it really an upset?) in a back and forth war.

He’s more skilled and can fight in both stances. He’s got better range too.

Perry keeps coming in as the favorite for no good reason.

Perry fights are usually pretty fun. Regardless of who he fights , win or lose. Will watch. Stacked card.

And holy fuck? Naganou and black beast are throwing down? I did not even hear any hype for this one or anything. Come to think of it for such a stacked card with titles on the line and a superfight. You would think they would actually hype it. Have not seen or heard didly shit about it aside from some ramblings here on Sherdog. Wonder why?

I checked the fight card today and just noticed it. That fight is going to be bonkers! How come there was no mention whatsoever in the promotion yet, forget them coming off of losses, thats a guaranteed FOTN !

Stipe vs DC, Ortega vs Holloway, Ngannou vs Lewis, Medeiros vs Perry, Lando Vannata vs Drakkar Klose, and some Gokhan Saki as well, damnView attachment 395807
Even the rotting corpse of "platinum nation" isnt hyping this one. Fun while it lasted

"Break that leg"....

Last edited:
Both will bleed... but only one will sleep.

Back