WTF Why didn't Stipe finish Ngannou?????

Because Stipe is not elite in any area of the game.

I find it funny when fat fucking nerds at home who can only finish their ice cream think they can criticize an elite fighter vs another elite fighter.
It's just constructive criticism stipe had like 5 chances to choke him out easy but just held his neck down instead
I mean half the fight was like no action cuz ngannou was done

Ngannou was dead tired in the third

And throwing flying knees and superman punches in the fifth

Watch the fight closer. Every time Stipe looked to strike, Francis would make advances to his feet.

Because Ngannou is like 2 weight divisions bigger, so the smart thing to do was for Stipe to play it safe and grind out an extremely dominant win.

He wanted to please that Sherdogger who wished that Stipe beats Ngannou in the most boring fashion.

You hold down a near 280 lb man that punched Overeem so hard Overeem looked dead on the mat and run the risk of going for a submission that if you don't get it allows the dude to get up or even worse end up on top of you.

Stipe spent over 3 minutes laying on Ngannou doing nothing.

It was almost a Hendricks versus Robbie level of laying, clinging and running out the clock. People who deny that just aren't able to be objective.

The fact is, Stipe was gassed out of his mind after the first round. He was hanging on for dear life. If Francis hadn't been even more pathetically spent Stipe would likely not have come away with the win.

Francis is God Damn lucky it wasn't Cain he was fighting
.He would've looked like he went through a meat grinder when cain got him down and this is from a guy who isnt a huge velasquez fan that's all I'm saying.

The reason is fear, he knew Francis still had ko power exhausted.

Ngannou was so tired, Stipe could have have finished him with a fucking gogoplata if he wanted to. Played it extremely safe.

It's just constructive criticism stipe had like 5 chances to choke him out easy but just held his neck down instead
I mean half the fight was like no action cuz ngannou was done

It makes no sense when it comes from someone who can't finish ANY HW.

Legitimate question, but most people here are on that Croatian Kool-aid. and don't have the least bit of objectivity.

Stipe spent over 3 minutes laying on Ngannou doing nothing.

So you would have done something different?

He couldn't (without putting himself in a much risk).
Played safe, as most said.
Ngannou is tough and fresh guy also.

Maybe I'll repeat myself, but Ngannou illegally crossed the freaking Sahara and the Mediterranean sea to come to France, where he was homeless. The beating he took from Stipe was probably not even in the top 20 worst moments of his life, good luck stopping and making that guy quit.

Back