WTF Why didn't Stipe finish Ngannou?????

Subliminal Message

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Seriously why tf did Stipe not try and submit or finish Ngannou on the ground by strikes, for instance like in a crucifix like what DC did same night or full Mount and bad g and p. I saw many chances in the fight where he could have gotten a rear naked choke or guillotine or even an arm bar. He just looked more interested in holding his neck down, and just throwing these small short punches from side control and stuff. Does he not have a killer mentality or is it like a khabib thing where he just want to smesh on his opponent for all 5 rounds.
Stipe could have finished Ngannou easily like 10 times during the fight between rounds 2-5.

Discuss

He didn’t want to gas himself trying to finish a behemoth with a giant head and then get finished himself.

Didn’t look like he had the steam to put him away.

Probably a smart move, Ngannou hit him with a weak arm punch in the 5th and Stipe wobbled.

Seriously why tf did Stipe not try and submit or finish Ngannou on the ground by strikes, for instance like in a crucifix like what DC did same night or full Mount and bad g and p. I saw many chances in the fight where he could have gotten a rear naked choke or guillotine or even an arm bar. He just looked more interested in holding his neck down, and just throwing these small short punches from side control and stuff. Does he not have a killer mentality or is it like a khabib thing where he just want to smesh on his opponent for all 5 rounds.
Stipe could have finished Ngannou easily like 10 times during the fight between rounds 2-5.

Discuss
"I wanted to punish him. But even more I wanted to punish Dana..."

Hey good win by Stipe but sure if we’re looking at x and o’s. I thought he could have put him out on his feet if he were more aggressive.
Good win either way.

the guy had a string of KO's prior to this fight and all of a sudden people complain because he didn't finish hypegannou.

fuck outta here bruh

Why risk it?

It's easier to say in hindsight now that he made ngannou look foolish

Honestly if this was a while ago and stipe didn't have the belt...he probably would have went for it

Not that herb "Dana signs my checks" dean would have stopped it before a Chinese new year and possibly gas stipe in the process
8lcJw.gif

Stipe was exhausted and hurt, one mistake could have been enough to lose everything. Also Ngannou survived so many shit in his life, good luck making him quit.

Not that herb "Dana signs my checks" dean would have stopped it before a Chinese new year and possibly gas stipe in the process

Herb Dean could have separated them several times without complain if he wanted to help Ngannou.

Discuss

Legitimate question, but most people here are on that Croatian Kool-aid. and don't have the least bit of objectivity.

Stipe spent over 3 minutes laying on Ngannou doing nothing.

Stipe was exhausted and hurt, one mistake could have been enough to lose everything. Also Ngannou survived so many shit in his life, good luck making him quit.

Herb Dean could have separated them several times without complain if he wanted to help Ngannou.
Dude gave up after a while...so he basically did quit

Because you're a casual!!!

There's like 5 threads with this same subject. Read more, post less.

Legitimate question, but most people here are on that Croatian Kool-aid. and don't have the least bit of objectivity.

Stipe spent over 3 minutes laying on Ngannou doing nothing.
you could quite possibly be the least objective person on here

Herb Dean warned them twice....that's it

Because Ngannou is a fucking monster who is always dangerous. Even in the 5th round he had some nasty pop on his punches and is still freakishly strong.

He still tried to defend takedowns in the fifth and had tons of opportunity to lie down and quit.
He didn't quit literally...I'm talking mentally...he was visibly despondent at the adversity he was facing when he realized who was stronger and more agile

I find it interesting that Khabib had Barboza in peril for 5 rounds and didn't finish him because "he wanted to prove that he could go 5 rounds"...blah blah blah... and he is considered a god on Sherdog, but Stipe plays it safe against a monster with true one punch KO power, and gets shit on all over Sherdog.

Because his gameplan was working and Ngannou is mentally durable and has a strong punch.

Back