WTF was Brunson thinking

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The fight was a barnburner yes, but wtf was Brunson thinking. Dude literally ran after Whitaker with his hands down, swanging and banging wide and predictable as hell.

Yes Whitaker won, but anybody could have knocked out or TKOd a chin thats unprotected and following a punch.

giphy.gif

Bob lit him up with his first 3 punches...then weathered the retaliation for a while until he TKOed him.
Simple really.

it's possible a fighter's brain gets a little funny when he is on a 1st round ko win streak. he must have felt if anything lands, it's over because that's how he fought

He went full retard in there I he was trying to keep pressure on him but literally took it way to far I wonder what his corner was thinking

That MMA level boxing, and we thought Conor had a small gas tank

At least he went for it I guess.

Dude wanted to be exciting and make a statement like Aldo or Wedum did... And we all know, how it ended.
Never go full brawl mode in top10.

Fell in love with his striking having smashed a few people.

Entire time he ran in like that i had flashbacks from werdum vs stipe

He tends to fight like that and it's worked recently. Being that aggressive is often tough to deal with and he did hurt Whitaker, as well. But Whitaker can box, so it was more risky than against others.

Its worked plenty of times for plent of people, its risky but it often pays off.

He went all in for the first round ko record, Pretty badass actually

Back