WTF JUST HAPPENED

Fight should have been stopped. Not having the doctor recheck the eye before the third was crazy and irresponsible. Of course it's going to keep swelling!

Of course no one wants to see the fight stopped except Schlem, possibly.

much respect to Gegard. fighting with one eye and yet almost winning it.
giphy.gif

Post fight:
Storm looks like he just had a nice hot bath.
Moose looks like he was run over by a truck.

Fuck logic, I guess?

Disagree. He totally won 1&2. 2 was close until moose took the back with 90 seconds left. And all with one eye - impressive

Either way, moose looked awful against someone who’s probably a fringe top 30 mw.
He had one fu king eye for most of the fight. What do you expect when you can't see any of your opponents lefts comin? Goof

I thought the same. Shlmenko won 4 minutes of the 2nd round, mousasi got the very last minute in the 2nd round.
No. The second round was close for 3 minutes and moose won the last 2 minutes clearly, giving him the win. It's not about how much time you are doing a little bit better, it's about how much time you are dominating.

No. The second round was close for 3 minutes and moose won the last 2 minutes clearly, giving him the win. It's not about how much time you are doing a little bit better, it's about how much time you are dominating.
I guess

If it was very close then perhaps a draw more appropriate. But MMA judges don’t seem to like draws. Extra time would also be good for close fights but still unless a tournament draws should be more acceptable.

UFC 216 had two fights result in a draw.

Never read sherdog before you watch a fight. I thought Mousasi clearly won round 1 and 2 and did so with one fucking eye.

Worst performance of Mousasi's career. I still think he got the second round and deserved the win.

Shlemenko is a good fighter, but that was bad, Moose.

Post fight:
Storm looks like he just had a nice hot bath.
Moose looks like he was run over by a truck.

Fuck logic, I guess?

You are using zero logic, man. When are people gonna stop with this "His face looked worse after the fight" nonsense.

Anyone else have a tie?

I thought Gegard clearly got round 1

Round 2 was a tie

Round 3 clearly to Storm

Either way, moose looked awful against someone who’s probably a fringe top 30 mw.
He still beat weidman in his fight previous so it really says a lot about the supposed gulf in talent between promotions. Anyone can give anyone a beating on any night

Didn’t watch, but after reading comments here, did Moose come on strong at the end of the 2nd? if so then that’s probably why he won the round. Judges are easily swayed sometimes, and often seems like they’ll ignore what happens for like 4 minutes of a round and only score the last minute, it’s retarded. I guess I’ll have to watch it and see for myself unless the fight sucked and nobody recommends watching it.

That has been a problem for a long time in MMA, and has been a cause of multiple poor decisions. I can't fucking stand when the recency bias of a few punches or a takedown in the last minute overtake 4 minutes where the other fighter was controlling the action. I'm kinda pissed I missed this fight....a fan of both fighters but I was tired as hell and just recorded the Cavaliers game instead.

I'll have to catch it soon.

Back