WTF is up with all the cutting of top 10 fighters.

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
I do not even want to make a list, as I have been up all night, but what the fuck is going on? There have been at least a dozen cuts in the past few weeks that have had my dead scratching. What direction is WME stepping towards?

WME:
giphy.gif

I think its very simple the fighters seen what the UFC is worth with the 4 billion dollar sale....and they wanna be paid....but the new owners prob overpaid and now don't wanna pay the fighters more....

I like it, competition is good for the sport.

Remember when Dana said he didn't want Bellator's rejects then the UFC signs guys like Marcin Held? Nothing the UFC does makes sense

I'd love to see some sort of explanation for a few of these decisions.

They haven't even talked to their biggest star yet so I don't expect them to make decisions that I would understand.

Fighters are no longer judged on pure physical skills. Marketability and other factors come into play.

After selling the UFC for $4.2 billion, fighters are demanding a bigger piece of the pie, and this is how new ownership makes some examples of fighters by showing that no fighter is indispensable

Simple logic, there top 10 but non marketable fighters, who could and would derail non top 10 marketable fighters.

It seems WME is reducing the quality of the roster in order to be able to hype train the shit out of great smiles, hair lines and tan lines.

I won't complain about it as it allows other orgs to sign some top fighters. WME's stupidity may actually lead to some competition in MMA.

It's good for the sport. They leave and go to Bellator and WSOF and you get to see good fights for free.

Back