WTF happened to VICE News?

I thought it was actually pretty good and I was surprised at how they acknowledge that the Obama administration's lack of involvement in syria has created Global disarray with 6 million people becoming refugees..

Tony Blair said it best... instead of learning lessons from the Iraq War we got so petrified of it ..we did not act when we needed to.

I honestly think this is propaganda and not true at all.

The truth is that the biggest lesson VICE never touched in that episode was that the winner of the Iraq invasion in 2003 was Iran, and it is still Iran today.

What would make anyone think that syria would play out any different?

Iran shares a boarder, a large swath of that country is shiite, they are a dominant regional power, and they will never leave like we will.

That is just the issue of iran, nevermind how we inadvertently armed ISIS, as opposed to when we do advertly.

I honestly think this is propaganda and not true at all.

The truth is that the biggest lesson VICE never touched in that episode was that the winner of the Iraq invasion in 2003 was Iran, and it is still Iran today.

What would make anyone think that syria would play out any different?

Iran shares a boarder, a large swath of that country is shiite, they are a dominant regional power, and they will never leave like we will.

That is just the issue of iran, nevermind how we inadvertently armed ISIS, as opposed to when we do advertly.

Yes but we're all "losers" now..aren't we?

Like it or not we are the World Police and when we don't intervene this is what happens. 6 million people homeless, chemical weapons used on civilians. We might fuck up along the way, people will hate us, troops die, it's expensive... but now we see that doing nothing is just as bad.

Are we willing to stand by and let the world fall apart? Time to drop some democracy.

I only caught the end, and I wasn't giving it my full attention, but it did feel disjointed to say the least. Vice's quality has been going downhill for a long time.

Yeah it was better when they just picked obscure topics no one cared about to report on by sending hipsters to Africa or whatever.

I still think it's a bit better in terms of production value than most regular news.

Screen-Shot-2015-05-14-at-10.38.26-AM-620x412.png.cf.png

This guy left.

Came to give this answer. Im a lot more liberal than gav is but I enjoy his rants and raves and arguing with him through my computer. Hes got a good sense of humor

My fave right wing guy by a mile. Wish I didnt have to pay to watch his shit.

Anyway I think the rest of the dudes being left and him being right gave the show a balance that no longer exists

Came to give this answer. Im a lot more liberal than gav is but I enjoy his rants and raves and arguing with him through my computer. Hes got a good sense of humor

My fave right wing guy by a mile. Wish I didnt have to pay to watch his shit.

Anyway I think the rest of the dudes being left and him being right gave the show a balance that no longer exists

I don't know, I always find these types of guys that obsess over "male culture" to likely be overcompensating.

I don't know, I always find these types of guys that obsess over "male culture" to likely be overcompensating.

Yea you can see his tiny ugly penis in how to be a man which once it gets going is actually a funny movie but its nothing impressive

Like I said I dont really agree with him often but I do enjoy his character and sense of humor. He can overcomp all he wants as long as its funny to me

Yea you can see his tiny ugly penis in how to be a man which once it gets going is actually a funny movie but its nothing impressive

Like I said I dont really agree with him often but I do enjoy his character and sense of humor. He can overcomp all he wants as long as its funny to me

LOL, I wasn't even talking about that.

I was referring more to how they are sort of ashamed that we're not as hard as our ancestors or whatever.

But like, that was the fucking point. Our ancestors didn't toil in the mills and mines so we could keep doing that shit today.

The point was social and economic progress for their children and grandchildren and great grandchildren.

I was referring more to how they are sort of ashamed that we're not as hard as our ancestors or whatever.

I sometimes feel that way

But like, that was the fucking point. Our ancestors didn't toil in the mills and mines so we could keep doing that shit today.

The point was social and economic progress for their children and grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Aye but people gotta do something and in some parts of the country we have lost a ton of decent paying jobs that didnt just get replaced by something else and that protecting industry at home is a good idea. I see a lot of libs talk a good game about raising min wage but not so much as a peep about competing with third world labor. I dont think either party has any kind of solution to deal with the problem of job shortages and with automation and ai beating down the door someone should come up with something asap

I sometimes feel that way

Aye but people gotta do something and in some parts of the country we have lost a ton of decent paying jobs that didnt just get replaced by something else and that protecting industry at home is a good idea. I see a lot of libs talk a good game about raising min wage but not so much as a peep about competing with third world labor. I dont think either party has any kind of solution to deal with the problem of job shortages and with automation and ai beating down the door someone should come up with something asap

I don't see the sense in feeling ashamed that our lives are easier.

That's what our ancestors wanted for us.

I don't see the sense in feeling ashamed that our lives are easier.

That's what our ancestors wanted for us.

Depending on where you live in the country there is a lot of pride in being a hard man.

I try very hard to never be a pussy as a personal code of conduct . I come from one of those places where a man is supposed to be very manly and fighting and shit isnt uncommon

But I also get what you are saying and our ancestors and forfathers fought hard so that we didnt have to fight and work so hard and in a way feeling belittled by it does make light of the sacrifices they made.

I think how manly do you feel is kind of a case by case basis for people and a personal thing.

I also think that youngsters are getting a bit too soft and some balance needs to be had . People shoulnt take there mom to job interviews need trigger warnings and shouldnt be crying about how oppressed they are while attending expensive colleges in my opinion and all this talk of privilege is some weak cuck type shit.

Yes but we're all "losers" now..aren't we?

Like it or not we are the World Police and when we don't intervene this is what happens. 6 million people homeless, chemical weapons used on civilians. We might fuck up along the way, people will hate us, troops die, it's expensive... but now we see that doing nothing is just as bad.

Are we willing to stand by and let the world fall apart? Time to drop some democracy.

Fair points, and a reasonable point of view, but I question our ability to operate as world police other then as a swat team. We kick in doors, and take out targets like no one else ever has. Our ability to replace a government with something superior to a psychotic dictator like Suddam Hussien is non-existent.

So the question should not be whether Assad is a bad dictator, but whether we have the ability to do better, which I believe Iraq shows we do not.

This begs the next question, what would a power vacuum end up looking like. I think you need look no further than Libya for that answer.

The truth is, that Assad is a superior choice to the chaos of Libya, or the empowerment of Iran in Iraq.

Our choices are Chaos, Iran, or Assad. Any other choice is based on wishful thinking and misinformation.

Depending on where you live in the country there is a lot of pride in being a hard man.

I try very hard to never be a pussy as a personal code of conduct . I come from one of those places where a man is supposed to be very manly and fighting and shit isnt uncommon

But I also get what you are saying and our ancestors and forfathers fought hard so that we didnt have to fight and work so hard and in a way feeling belittled by it does make light of the sacrifices they made.

I think how manly do you feel is kind of a case by case basis for people and a personal thing.

I also think that youngsters are getting a bit too soft and some balance needs to be had . People shoulnt take there mom to job interviews need trigger warnings and shouldnt be crying about how oppressed they are while attending expensive colleges in my opinion and all this talk of privilege is some weak cuck type shit.

I think it's time for focus on making smart men, not hard men.

I do agree the current crop of 18-20 year olds are uniquely useless, but it's not really their softness but competence that's the problem.

Being hard isn't as necessary in a modern secular democracy. Being intelligent and competent is what makes the difference today.

Has anyone pointed out that VICE and VICE News aren't the same thing?

Personally I haven't paid attention to VICE News because they're rarely upload full documentaries to they're YT anymore so maybe I'm missing out on a slant here. VICE itself is just garbage IMO

The best docs vice has done were the Liberia and N. Korea docs after that it kind of went downhill for me....maybe an honorable mention to the truckers of Africa that was interesting as well

Being hard isn't as necessary in a modern secular democracy. Being intelligent and competent is what makes the difference today.

Im from wayne county dude I an assure you that there is still quite a need to be hard in some places to survive. Being competent is also important. A man needs to e able to where many hats to make it through this life. I dont like the trend I see of younger men being feminized but it isnt something I lose sleep over just something I noticed. Ill give ya that you shouldnt go through life with a chip on your shoulder always trying to be hardest but there are times in life where you are going to need to rise up and physically fight or your gonna take a beating. I had a dopehead try to steal my inhaler on one occasion for christ sake and its not like I could just afford another one my only option was to not have it stolen ......

Like Dave Chapelle said: "They shouldve never gave yall :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:z money"
The moment they signed that HBO deal it was clear they were becoming a run of the mill newsshow propagating US foreign policy interests.

Their video journalism is top notch. I dont know what you're complaining about. However, their written 'articles' are absolute garbage, buzzfeed tier.

Back