wtf happened to ben Henderson?

I find it great watching Benson lose decisions.

Dude is smug

25 minutes and a decision win is not quick work..
Pettis finished Bendo 2 times, i think you are confusing him with Frankie Edgar.

Speaking of Anthony Pettis, the guy "decline" was worse than Benson Henderson, it's a clear example of how the division moved on, the bar got raised.
Frankie Edgar himself was the LW champ, the guy has no business fighting at 155.

The mind is the most important tool, he lost the will to train IMO.

Pettis finished Bendo 2 times, i think you are confusing him with Frankie Edgar.

Speaking of Anthony Pettis, the guy "decline" was worse than Benson Henderson, it's a clear example of how the division moved on, the bar got raised.
Frankie Edgar himself was the LW champ, the guy has no business fighting at 155.
Pertis finished Bendo once and won a razor close decision the first time they met. Fight was basically 2-2 going to the fifth round and the ninja kick sealed victory for Pettis. That was the best Benson Henderson we ever saw. After that he won some fights in the ufc and the belt but the high water mark as a dominant champion was over

Pertis finished Bendo once and won a razor close decision the first time they met. Fight was basically 2-2 going to the fifth round and the ninja kick sealed victory for Pettis. That was the best Benson Henderson we ever saw. After that he won some fights in the ufc and the belt but the high water mark as a dominant champion was over
You are right, the first fight was a decision, the second one he made quick work of Bendo though.

Benson has always been real puzzling case for me. I can't begin to describe why he's losing as I always switch his fights off.

Freire is a weird fighter in that he beats some really good guys now and then and then gets randomly wiped out by guy like Marcin Held who is one loss away from getting cut from the ufc. Hard to say how good he could be if he was more consistent.

The normal explanation when a fighter loses is that he just met a better fighter.

Benson is fighting only the best guys in the world, And sometimes he wins, sometimes he loses. His fights Are very competitive.
Chandler and Fereire Are both top 5 LWs, And maybe the two best fighters in the world.

Koreshkow is a big guy, And a top 5-10 WW, a weightclass up for Benson.

Benson didn't lose a step. He just ran into some really good guys.

Last edited:
He thought Bellator would be a walk at the park and is struggling like the other guys who go there.

He's been around for awhile,and the games passed him by.

That explains nothing and is so completely generic an answer. Also not in any way accurate.

He fights like a pacifist now. He almost never throws punches and when he does, they're almost completely unintended to actually do damage. It's like he's in there shadow boxing half the time.

What you mean what happen?

The guy was always split decision type of fighter

He use to win those, now mathematically it's only normal that he loses few as well

Who the fuck said Benson was "my guy"? See the problem with even engaging clowns like you on the internet is that you always assume that by getting into any kind of exploratory conversation people are just bitching and moaning and making excuses. But see that's not the case. I like Benson alright, but there is no heartbreak here when I see him lose. In case you missed the tale of the tape though, there is a two year age difference and genetics does affect when someones age turns that corner and their reaction speed slows. So why don't you take that little lesson I gave you to heart, because I know you didn't know that before I told you, and go hide in your hole. Deal with that.
Demetrious Johnson is about 6 months younger than Benson was when he signed for Bellator, and promptly got beat by Koreshkov and looking steadily worse since. Do you think DJ is also going to look old and slow by March? Or is it just that Bendo isn't all that great and hasn't evolved like his competitors?

I actually just saw some asshole said almost word for word what I said only he's serious about it. They're all the same. Everybody was 'never that good' when they're out of their prime and losing, or they'll bring up a loss from years ago 'cause losing automatically means you suck and always did. So annoying.
TJ Dillashaw is a bum C-level fighter. He beat a Barao clearly past his prime and lost to Old Man Cruz with no legs left to stand on. He should retire now to avoid further embarrassment imo.

<BronTroll1>

If its not age then maybe it's the fact that people don't give Bellator fighters the credit they deserve.

Also, quit it with the "he was never that good to begin with" drivel. I suppose other guys who were in the downslide like Hendricks and Weidman weren't good to begin with either as well?

Competent judges I thought he lost to Frankie, Melendez, Josh Thompson, and Masvidal but somehow came out 4-0 instead of 0-4 in those fights

What you mean what happen?

The guy was always split decision type of fighter

He use to win those, now mathematically it's only normal that he loses few as well

Actually, mathematically, past events should be independent of future events in this case.

For example, suppose you flipped a coin 5 times and got five heads. The probability of your getting a heads on the next flip is still 50%.

Last edited:
Back