wtf happened to ben Henderson?

Needs an upgrade on that prison shank toothpick he packs

9D92A188-AF99-42B2-8ECC-0AC6CC4A934B.jpeg

To a hi tech Popsicle switchblade

C1AB1119-7F32-4467-9318-65574D06F3C2.jpeg

Hang on, there is a tool with a Conor AV and soundbyte for a handle that is going to set you straight <45>

I actually just saw some asshole said almost word for word what I said only he's serious about it. They're all the same. Everybody was 'never that good' when they're out of their prime and losing, or they'll bring up a loss from years ago 'cause losing automatically means you suck and always did. So annoying.

Bellator lightweight division is tough.

I always though with the toothpick in the mouth and all that, Benson has a somewhat lackadaisical approach to fighting.

That's not going to serve him well against fighters who want to have something to prove against a former UFC champion and who may be trying to get into the UFC themselves.

Has had a lot of great fights. Its not like he's getting knocked out left and right and should retire.

Men whose fight game is based on speed and reflexes face the cruelest dropoff.

The last thing to go is power, which is why a powerful savvy heavyweight can fight to 40.

What sucks is he's not exactly the best example of how a healthy lifestyle leads to increased performance / longevity. He's never touched a drop of alcohol nor smoked a cigarette and is still cooked by age 33.

I guess there's still Faber...

Almost every fight he's had has been close fights like this one, it's just that now judging criteria has changed

Bellator happened

He was doing fine until the lights got brighter and the cage more circular.

Maybe Bendo and Larkin should go back to the UFC where the competition was obviously easier for them.

1. No real kill switch (jack-of-all-trades).
2. Injuries.
3. Fighters catching up.
4. The lingering effects of an ego implosion from being soundly beaten at his peak, and then getting fired.

All of this leads to a lack of hunger in a game where there are fighters starving for a spot; especially in his division.

In other words he has Rashad Evans syndrome.

You have to be motivated to to get through a brutal training camp, cut weight, and nurse lingering injuries. You then have to convince yourself that fighting someone you don't even hate somehow makes sense.

It's a heavy burden. The fighting part really is the easiest part.

He's had one foot out of the game for a few years now and it shows by how he fights. He's been talking about other ventures in life for a long time--maybe it's time for him to pursue those other goals.

Last edited:
The guy was gifted some decisions in the UFC and now he's not getting them anymore. He's so arrogant and cocky and probably thought he would be a two division champ in Bellator. Nope.

I agree that his style hasn't evolved. Also, he doesn't change gears as the fight goes on. No urgency. This is a big problem for a lot of fighters. I see it as a confidence issue.

Rashad does this. The Diaz brothers do this.

Seems like he doesn't have any good performances left in him. If he wants to comeback strong, he needs to have a haircut.

What happened is that the judges are giving close fights to his opponents while in the past he was the king of the split decision.

He's fighting the best guys in Bellator and losing just like when he fought the best in the UFC. If Bellator gives him their 10th best LW, I don't think Bendo loses. I would also like to point out that I root against Bendo 100% of the time and him losing is just fine by me.

Back