WSOF LW Champ Justin Gaethje Signing With The UFC

So basically you're saying you've never actually seen that fight but just looked up his record and saw "split decision"?

He didn't struggle at all in that fight, he clearly won every round. He outclassed Melvin everywhere.

Kinda, I was going off of people on this site saying it was competitive. But yeah I don't watch WSOF.

He's already been in some wars. I'd like to see him get a nice showcase fight to start. A banger with a semi weak chin would be good. He could be a real good must see guy if they play their cards right with the matchmaking. I think they screwed screwed Moraes up. Great to hear.
I don't like them giving Assuncao to Moraes either. Assuncao is a tough out for anyone. No one looks great against Assuncao. They should have went for more of a showcase. Maybe Lineker would have been better.

Id like to see him welcome back Showtime Pettis to the LW division.
Showtime is a good one, I didn't even consider that. I doubt he gets a Barboza but Johnson or Pettis are two very real options imo.

Damn the UFC snagged 3 of their best (4 belts including Branch)

Well obviously he just didnt post much since the like function was implemented. Besides, who gives a shit. Yours aint stellar either for someone who registered within the likes era.
IT WAS A JOKE

This dude is a killer. I expect him to be in the top-10 and he's exciting every time out.

if he was getting 1 million dollars at Wsof why did he leave?

Have always been a big fan of Gaethje but I think he probably gets lit up by any legit striker at 155 like Barboza - though the one thing about him has always been his power and chin, certainly things that can change a fight in a second so I wouldn't count him out ever.

Would be fantastic newz if the division was actually moving, the irony of Conor McGregor calling the UFC LW division the "Stuck in the mud" division only to have him become the LW Champ be the actual stick in the mud. Hey guys make room from Justin ↓↓↓

200.webp

Lots of good fights for him. Not sure what they do. Could throw him right into the mix vs Barboza or you could look to build his name vs a Pettis or Gil. Back of the top 15 LW who arent hot at the moment but have the name value. He goes in and smashes Pettis that would be a big win. Then you could book him vs Eddie/Dustin or Barboza or Chiesa, Johnson etc.

But Moraes and Branch both got top 11 guys they could throw him right into the fire.

this kid will be the Diego Sanchez of WME era. He will kill or be killed. The just bleed gods will be appeased

Overrated. He hasn't been beating anyone that good, tbh. Time will tell.

They finally signed him, I just hope doesn't use his chin as defense in the UFC, I want to see him do well. In light of the recent bad decisions with some fighters there has been some solid signings: Duquesnoy, Moraes, Diakese

UFC went 3 for 3 with the WSOF champion signings.

I figured they would come out with two of them; but all 3 is impressive. They've ramped it back up after letting a couple of fighters slip away with these 3, jacare, and seemingly gegard and to a much lesser extent Misha (205 was way too thin to lose him).

Great, exciting signing but don't fool yourself into thinking he'll break top 10. He'll have a long UFC career, win numerous bonuses but will never become a true contender.

Back