WSOF 9: CARL VS PALHARES 9PM ET Main Card/7:00PM ET Prelims DISCUSSION

I think we can all agree that Fitch and Carl are a waste of Palhares' time. He should be in the UFC fighting the top guys at 170.

Palhares let go after the ref grabbed him just like he was supposed to, just like he did against Pierce. No one would say shit if it wasn't Palhares, people are idiots.

this,
there's such a double standard to that on sherdog. people hate on palhares but love dan henderson for his behavior in the bisping fight

I was screaming "release it" "release it" "release it" like a retard here, Paul Harris do that thing to me, specially after seeing him live when he got kicked out of UFC.

Paul had a broken foot in his fight with Lombard. If they rematch good chance he snatches a leg.

Will be buying extra bags of popcorn in anticipation of seeing Fitch yell out in pain as well. :)

Ya he broke it on Lombard's leg. Lombard wrecks him everytime.

I love how Paul just casually holds onto the leg as his opponents try to roll out of it and then after a couple rolls cinches it in.

He did exactly what he was supposed to do, still Sherdog cries foul. I'm getting so sick of this place.

Emo alert

He did hold on a bit long, but not like some of his past shadiness.

Lol, go away from your comuter for 3 minutes and the fight started and ended already. C'est la vie...

That feel when Palhares takes Carls leg home tonight
1396146841140.png

lol :icon_chee

I don't get why people are expecting him to let go the second his opponent taps. The tap is a signal to the referee to stop the fight. The ref still has to stop it.

Didn't Lombard break his foot with a check during the fight? Lombard is a horrible, horrible matchup for Palhares. The dude knows how to defend a heelhook and good luck getting him there in the first place.

Yeah I think he checked it and it broke right off the bat. I think if it didnt happened Paul would have done better.

Lombard has good judo skills, but not necessarily good leg defense skills. Would like to see a rematch.

this,
there's such a double standard to that on sherdog. people hate on palhares but love dan henderson for his behavior in the bisping fight

Both are bad. Point is Palhares should let go when the judge touches him, not after the judge is literally prying him apart. I don't think he does so intentionally though, he seems like he just is slow. In his head.

honestly, who the fuck wants to fight palhares at 170? i'm not even sure hendricks can stop that shit.
Ehh, the thought of Palhares getting a takedown on Hendricks is pretty hard to believe for me.

I don't get why people are expecting him to let go the second his opponent taps. The tap is a signal to the referee to stop the fight. The ref still has to stop it.

It's good sportsmanship, especially for heelhooks. But the problem isn't waiting until the judge touches him. The problem is that he doesn't even do that, and the judge has to literally pry him off. This time it was borderline, but it still was bad.

Wow, someone's always gotta bitch.

Calm down kid, I really don't care as much as you think. I'm sure he doesn't do it to intentionally hurt someone, he just gets in a zone, he's still gotta watch it though. I'm far from a hater of his, I just wish he'd snap back to his senses like most fighters do once they secure a victory via sub. But it is what it is...refs don't typically have to give a 2nd attempt in these cases, it's usually a wave off with a tap, not a wave off of the fight, tap and the force the sub off the guy.

Breaking news: Fitch retires from MMA, decides to devote life to Skyrim.

Yeah I think he checked it and it broke right off the bat. I think if it didnt happened Paul would have done better.

Lombard has good judo skills, but not necessarily good leg defense skills. Would like to see a rematch.

Paul broke the leg on the check. Lombard is an overall better fighter, but if that fight developed enough, it would be VERY interesting to see how they would do on the floor.

Back