WSOF 9: CARL VS PALHARES 9PM ET Main Card/7:00PM ET Prelims DISCUSSION

I'm thinking it was a fluke occurrence, considering Belcher got tooled on the ground by Okami in his very next fight. If they rematched, I'd bet on Palhares sinking in the sub.
yeah as if you learn all the defenses to not only his heel hook but sequences he'll do off of the heel hook on a "fluke"...

as if Okami is the same kind of grappler as Palhares by any standard, either... he is a suffocating top control guy...

Belcher's performance against Palhares was extremely impressive.

I'm thinking it was a fluke occurrence, considering Belcher got tooled on the ground by Okami in his very next fight. If they rematched, I'd bet on Palhares sinking in the sub.

Belcher won via tactical supremacy. Palhares went for leg-lock. Belcher moved to 50-50 guard, thus nullifying Pahlares ability to perform the move, and then punched him out.

Okami is a bigger and better overall fighter than Palhares.

Belcher trained his ass off to avoid the heel hook, and he came up with good stuff to prevent it. You may not like the way it ended but that does not make it a fluke.

Steve_Carl_vs._Rousimar_Palhares.gif

I hope Josh Burkman rematches Steve Carl, knocks him silly, then takes that belt!

So what is Fitch gonna do? Shoot for the takedown and hope he stays on top the entire fight?

Too bad Palhares had dropped to 170, really...

It seems that Palhares vs Okami will soon become only compelling matchup for them.:p

He did exactly what he was supposed to do, still Sherdog cries foul. I'm getting so sick of this place.

yeah, the only reason people got pissed at him in the pierce fight is because they counted from when the guy was tapping, not from when the ref got to palhares.

Paul had a broken foot in his fight with Lombard. If they rematch good chance he snatches a leg.

Will be buying extra bags of popcorn in anticipation of seeing Fitch yell out in pain as well. :)

Nothing 'fluke' about it....

Palhares is technical and physical BEAST, but mental midget, as apparent.

If things doesn't go exactly his way, he tends to fold.

Palhares let go after the ref grabbed him just like he was supposed to, just like he did against Pierce. No one would say shit if it wasn't Palhares, people are idiots.

Palhares let go after the ref grabbed him just like he was supposed to, just like he did against Pierce. No one would say shit if it wasn't Palhares, people are idiots.

Fucking this. He held the sub too long on other occasions but those two were absolutely fine.

honestly, who the fuck wants to fight palhares at 170? i'm not even sure hendricks can stop that shit.

A lot of guys would beat him because they just have to keep him off for a bit. Miller, Marquardt, Hendo, Belcher all avoided the leglock.

He could beat any WW, but he can't do it consistently enough for a title run. The chance of Hendricks knocking his block off is pretty high.

Paul had a broken foot in his fight with Lombard. If they rematch good chance he snatches a leg.

Will be buying extra bags of popcorn in anticipation of seeing Fitch yell out in pain as well. :)

Didn't Lombard break his foot with a check during the fight? Lombard is a horrible, horrible matchup for Palhares. The dude knows how to defend a heelhook and good luck getting him there in the first place.

Back