wrestling orthodox

Well he can already take down everyone at 170... he already knows everything he needs to know.. I'd really like to wrestle him now to experience the greatness
id love to have you trained at the top mma gyms of the world?i guess i havent shown my credentials here so it appears im an average guy

id love to have you trained at the top mma gyms of the world?i guess i havent shown my credentials here so it appears im an average guy
Did I say you hadn't? Oh wait nope. I said I'd like to experience this especially because you were taught to shoot in a stance opposite of your striking one

My wres

tling for mma is pretty damn good tbh thee isn't many men in the world at 170 who can stop my singles or doubles but I do have issues shooting doubles on leftys so was asking how some good guys actually do it

If you're interested really specifically in how to shoot doubles on southpaws, the best people to watch are probably GSP and Khabib, though they do it very differently. GSP will shoot reactive takedowns on lefties that are less doubles than they are kind of knee blocks, he'll pick the right leg up, block the left knee with his hand, and run the guy over that blocking hand. Khabib will just shoot a southpaw double out of an orthodox stance (I do this too and find it works pretty well). So he'll throw a few punches to get the guy to shell up and then take a small step forward with his leading left foot and shoot in hard on the hips with his head still on the left side. What I like about doing it this way is that for me at least most of my doubles come off of jabs or jab feints since those get my head moving in the correct direction, whereas doing it this way comes off of a cross or cross feint so it's a bit of a different look. I especially like to set it up with a few big overhands to really get my opponent bringing their hands up when they see my dip, you can get some really easy takedowns off that reaction.

Yeah, I mean if you have a record, what's your real name? Normally wouldn't ask but it will make it easier to check out your footage and answer some of these questions.

Did I say you hadn't? Oh wait nope. I said I'd like to experience this especially because you were taught to shoot in a stance opposite of your striking one
i started boxing when i was 14 then at 15 i started doing grappling and was taught to shoot right led forward but then i started doing it left handed so it wouldnt be weird mixing it up with mma it is strange shooting a double on a left handed person i have to blast more with it i dont even like shooting singles on southpaws in mma if we are wrestling i can easily go into sweep singles but high singles are awkward for me if they are southpaw

Yeah, I mean if you have a record, what's your real name? Normally wouldn't ask but it will make it easier to check out your footage and answer some of these questions.
im 6-1 my only loss was a dumb fight i took at heavy weight on 4 days notice 4o pounds heavier than me i was winning too but i have a seizure during the rest of first round ill be fighting in a ring rizin has a ring i like the fact you cant be smashed against it but takedowns are awkward with ropes also alot of wrestlers like the cage but i hate it i feel you have to use alot of energy to take a guy down unless you wana stall and clinch

If you're interested really specifically in how to shoot doubles on southpaws, the best people to watch are probably GSP and Khabib, though they do it very differently. GSP will shoot reactive takedowns on lefties that are less doubles than they are kind of knee blocks, he'll pick the right leg up, block the left knee with his hand, and run the guy over that blocking hand. Khabib will just shoot a southpaw double out of an orthodox stance (I do this too and find it works pretty well). So he'll throw a few punches to get the guy to shell up and then take a small step forward with his leading left foot and shoot in hard on the hips with his head still on the left side. What I like about doing it this way is that for me at least most of my doubles come off of jabs or jab feints since those get my head moving in the correct direction, whereas doing it this way comes off of a cross or cross feint so it's a bit of a different look. I especially like to set it up with a few big overhands to really get my opponent bringing their hands up when they see my dip, you can get some really easy takedowns off that reaction.
Are you talking about this shot?
StKylVUK9kM

the best way to shoot on a southpaw to me is a left hook for the single or double to me it works the best i use to say never shoot a double off a right hand only singles if we are the same stance but i see tj dillashaw do it in this vid you gotta be quick for this i think alpha male has the best mma mix ups striking into takedowns out of every camp too bad they dont have any guys above 155

i started boxing when i was 14 then at 15 i started doing grappling and was taught to shoot right led forward but then i started doing it left handed so it wouldnt be weird mixing it up with mma it is strange shooting a double on a left handed person i have to blast more with it i dont even like shooting singles on southpaws in mma if we are wrestling i can easily go into sweep singles but high singles are awkward for me if they are southpaw
the double in an open stance matchup can actually be easier if you know how to set it up and how to cutback

And lol. You went from prospect with limited wrestling training looking for help.. to veteran who's trained at many world class mma gyms with a "world class" leg attack that no one at 170 can stop..
the best way to shoot on a southpaw to me is a left hook for the single or double to me it works the best i use to say never shoot a double off a right hand only singles if we are the same stance but i see tj dillashaw do it in this vid you gotta be quick for this i think alpha male has the best mma mix ups striking into takedowns out of every camp too bad they dont have any guys above 155

And you should go to team alpha male and test this wrestling of yours.. somehow I don't think Mendes or others would have that much difficulty with you at first

the double in an open stance matchup can actually be easier if you know how to set it up and how to cutback

And lol. You went from prospect with limited wrestling training looking for help.. to veteran who's trained at many world class mma gyms with a "world class" leg attack that no one at 170 can stop..

And you should go to team alpha male and test this wrestling of yours.. somehow I don't think Mendes or others would have that much difficulty with you at first
im going to alot of gyms this year to find out what gym is best for me. im gonna give my gym over to a student for awhile. i kinda like att orlando lots of tough 170s. i got bruno p4p guy atm for bjj the ucf wrestling team already told me i could train with them plus andre bertos boxing gym. so for technique cant get better. idk what in cali would be best for me. aka doesnt have koscheck and fitch is done. alliance doesnt have any 170s cesar gracie is cool but idk. i wana check out javy vasquez he has amazing bjj for mma and has some decent takedowns as well. id love to go to team alpha male and learn alot of cool mix ups for takedowns. i wish duane was still there and tj

i dont ever like to throw peoples names out there but i went to some top mma gyms att belchers kamal tim kenneddy ect im not gonna name names due to it just being training but i do very very well with top guys with my wrestling my big issue though was when id go visit these places iw as never in good shape due to training at a bjj gym with nothing but basic blues and whites atm so not having anyone to wrestle or roll hard with good technique id gas after 5 mins but during those 5 mins i had no issues getting my takedowns if i could just maintain my pace and not gas ill be fine i feel but i have to be able to train with top guys daily to develop that conditioning running ect helps some but you have to breathe the right way my strikings fine i train with top level boxers but i dont get good quality takedown guys here in the south some decent bjj but they arnt good at modding it for mma im wondering what gym would be best for me in california 170 t 185 guys to spar

just cause i ask a question doesnt mean idk anything about it i have things i like to do but i also like to ask guys how they like to do certain things i have great shots i just hate shooting on southpaws in mma as they come off a bit sloppy not as pretty as a orthodox guy my clinch game is what i really want to work on though since i feel nobody really knows what to do there from over under i really wana learn how to do back arches good body lock takedowns ect alot of guys only wrestle 1 way i think of it as 3 things to attack the legs hips if they are too low defending legs good then i attack the head with front head lock snap downs then into body locks khabib is the only guy i see who can chain all 3 together well due to his sambo influence

That finish is what GSP often uses as a direct attack double against southpaws. He won't go to the high crotch first, he'll just shoot diagonally across their hips, pick up the near leg, and block the far hip/knee (I don't think it matter all that much where the second hand goes) to finish the TD.

im going to alot of gyms this year to find out what gym is best for me. im gonna give my gym over to a student for awhile. i kinda like att orlando lots of tough 170s. i got bruno p4p guy atm for bjj the ucf wrestling team already told me i could train with them plus andre bertos boxing gym. so for technique cant get better. idk what in cali would be best for me. aka doesnt have koscheck and fitch is done. alliance doesnt have any 170s cesar gracie is cool but idk. i wana check out javy vasquez he has amazing bjj for mma and has some decent takedowns as well. id love to go to team alpha male and learn alot of cool mix ups for takedowns. i wish duane was still there and tj

Duane and TJ aren't hard to find. There's here in Denver at Elevation Fight Team, they train at the MusclePharm HQ all the time. Some good WWs there like Matt Brown and Neil Magny too. Though since Bowling just left as head coach I'm not sure who is taking over their wrestling.

its a great one but you gotta get in super deep to put that leg behind his to trip over

You don't have to use that finish. You can just finish it like a normal double cutting the corner.

This thread hurts my brain

Duane and TJ aren't hard to find. There's here in Denver at Elevation Fight Team, they train at the MusclePharm HQ all the time. Some good WWs there like Matt Brown and Neil Magny too. Though since Bowling just left as head coach I'm not sure who is taking over their wrestling.
really they are in denver you say? i have a good friend who has a gym in colorado i think in denver or close to it i could go stay with him and go train with tj and duane hopefully do you know of any other good wrestling there? there is great bjj steve hordinski is a relson black and super fucking strong iv never rolled with him but were close to same size so would be great training for me as well

Back