Wrestling is Not the Best Base for MMA (w/gifs)

Realtor vs IRS agent.....

128059a7fdb34fcecf903bd59feaba5246fc3adb_00.jpg
Irwin R. Schiester, I will rule you, I will reign supreme!

Great thread.

This information, though painful to process, is much needed.

It helps explain the mystery of how Chael Sonnen went undefeated in the UFC.

Wrestling being the best base for MMA is a myth perpetrated by Joe Rogan and his groupies. After UFC on FOX 31, it's obvious what the best MMA base is.

It's selling real estate. There's no writing it off as a coincidence that the two gangsterest fighters ever to grace the octagon have a real estate background: Chael P. Sonnen and Ragin Al Iaquinta.

Before you dismiss my claim, hear me out. This is what a plumbing base will get you:

tenor.gif

A judo base:

Ronda-Rousey-Purple-Pillow.jpg

And of course, a wrestling base:

photo.jpg

On the other hand, those that cut their teeth in the hyper-competitive, dog-eat-dog crucible of selling real estate are doing stuff like this:

eq0w63yk1dvz.gif

26.gif

Al%2BIaquinta%2BFinishes%2BRodrigo%2BDamm%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B50.gif

sonnen-slam-o.gif

Can't argue with facts...
#GoneSellingHouses

I can smell that vinegar boiling up inside you

We need more Sunny in Philadelphia reference

Dennis: I’ll be providing the money because I’m the breadwinner in the relationship.

Mac: And I’m the trophy husband. He’s my bottom.

Dennis: Oh! Well, I’m the power bottom. Technically, I generate most of the power.

Mac: Only because I’m giving out so much power from the top. You need to generate power to accept it.

A Karate base:
upload_2018-12-16_22-22-50.jpeg
A Boxing base:
th7fzcet82g.jpg

A Jiu Jitsu base:
AgXOcTaCMAAB-5o.jpg

All pure martial arts suck in MMA, that's why dudes and dudettes need to be well rounded.

Like all the above fighters.

CD0F34D3-6FD6-47AB-A4EE-6CB42E6C9123.jpeg
Dennis: I’ll be providing the money because I’m the breadwinner in the relationship.

Mac: And I’m the trophy husband. He’s my bottom.

Dennis: Oh! Well, I’m the power bottom. Technically, I generate most of the power.

Mac: Only because I’m giving out so much power from the top. You need to generate power to accept it.

There is no best base when it comes to MMA. Its about the fighter. Some of the best amateur wrestlers sometimes cannot transition into mma fighters. If you can develop your TDD you can nullify wrestlers. Cro-cop is a great example of this. But a wrestler that can develop striking is also very dangerous.

Nothing is more effective than Wrestling . It can be borinv but a strong takedown defense and offense can get you a lot of wins just by layn pray. :confused:
I'd say Judo is the best base. Gives a lot of the arsenal wrestling has, especially with hold downs and a serviceable submission game.

fuck me you guys how did 80% of people miss the fucking joke.

Sherdog, are you retarded?

There is no best base when it comes to MMA. Its about the fighter. Some of the best amateur wrestlers sometimes cannot transition into mma fighters. If you can develop your TDD you can nullify wrestlers. Cro-cop is a great example of this. But a wrestler that can develop striking is also very dangerous.
Cro cop also trained like a demon with some of the best wrestlers working almost exclusively on his Take down defense. He has great defensive wrestling and what i'd call 2 dimensional.

All your base are belong to us!

Real estate + convicted felon = never lost a round

Back