Wrestlers who never drew I dime.

This isn't MMA. Nobody gives fuck there about the lower card.

I go to WWE events to watch Cesaro, Jericho, Owens, Zayn... don't care shit about the Big Dog.

Which reminds me, I should take gf to an event in Germany in May.
I really enjoy the current crop of wrestlers. They take a ton of shit for the current state of wrestling but they didn't make it this way.

Ronnie Garvin as NWA Champion.
He wasn't supposed to draw though. They needed someone to take the belt off Flair for a month or so before Starrcade 87 (their first PPV) and he was the only one to step up.

He wasn't supposed to draw though. They needed someone to take the belt off Flair for a month or so before Starrcade 87 (their first PPV) and he was the only one to step up.

Yeah I know, it was more tongue in cheek.

To think that the NWA title, when it meant something, was held by Garvin and Tommy Rich and not by guys like Arn Anderson, JYD, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA or even Greg Valentine just always rubbed me wrong though...

Yeah I know, it was more tongue in cheek.

To think that the NWA title, when it meant something, was held by Garvin and Tommy Rich and not by guys like Arn Anderson, JYD, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA or even Greg Valentine just always rubbed me wrong though...
Well those guys should've blown Jim Barnett like Tommy Rich did.
Magnum would've gotten it for sure if not for his wreck.

Well those guys should've blown Jim Barnett like Tommy Rich did.
Magnum would've gotten it for sure if not for his wreck.

Lol at the Tommy Rich story. I've hard that one for years. Got him a little over a week as champ and then nothing else if he did it. Virgil got a whole career for just whipping his out lmao...

As far as the territory debate in this thread....
It was cable TV that killed the territories. The territories would have died regardless of Vince McMahon or not. Sooner or later I should add.
Hulk ? He was the right person at the right time.
Cyndi Lauper imo should get way more credit as well as MTV for the wrestling boom of the 80's.
Terry Funk told everybody who would listen that wrestling was in trouble in the early 80's. He knew because fans in Amarillo had cable and were asking him why he wasn't fighting guys like Tommy Rich.

Back