Wrestlers Telling Lies

Can you remember any other matches from the show you attended?

No. I do remember that was the only match I wanted to see because it was the first time Randy Savage was there. I remember seeing him wrestle one other time in London after he became WWF champ and faced Bad News Brown in a Harlem Street fight. It was the second half of a double shot and all the matches were bad. I don't remember the other matches on that card either.

I saw too many shows to remember what was on which show. WWF/Maple Leaf Wrestling came back to London in 1986 after a break since 1984. I went to most shows between 86-87 when the WWF ran the Maple Leaf Wrestling loop.

i have two "memories" from wrestling when i was younger that may or may not be true.

I went to a wwf show in charlotte years ago. I took my little brother who was pretty little at the time. doink had been making his appearances on tv but not yet wrestled. this was his first actual match and it was against mr. perfect. i was a huge perfect fan. but honestly i dont even remember who won, though i want to say it was perfect by dq.

the other was a show in houston during the mid south years. it must have been around 1987-1988. i know my memory has to be wrong, but they brought in ric flair to defend his title against hacksaw butch reed. reed was a face and he beat flair to win the title and the building went nuts. however, like 30 minutes later they announced the decision had been reversed for some reason and flair retained.

thats what i remember, but i am probably wrong. i think i have alzheimers

Yeah I was gonna mention that one too. Savio pulled a rib on Razor and Kid (maybe shaving their eyebrows) and big Lazy said that Savio didn't know the pecking order around there and was fired shortly after even though he was still in wwe with Los boricuas as late as 1998.
Savio cut off a few locks of Shawn's and Razor's hair on an airplane ride in '95. They tried to get Savio fied to no avail. Savio was a tough MFer and he had the BSK behind him, in particular, Yoko went to bat for him and as soon as the Kliq saw Yoko get involved, they left him alone.

This is a strange thread. I thought it was going to be all fun and games, but then TS' jealousy of the fact that Ric Flair unquestionably had sex with Halle Berry made the whole thing unpleasant.

This is a strange thread. I thought it was going to be all fun and games, but then TS' jealousy of the fact that Ric Flair unquestionably had sex with Halle Berry made the whole thing unpleasant.
How can I be jealous about something that I don't believe happened?

{<huh}

How can I be jealous about something that I don't believe happened?

{<huh}

Your account is named from a Toy Story human child. We know you're jealous of Ric Flair's love session with Halle Berry.

If Flair had boned her in '97 he wouldn't have waited 20 years to tell someone about it on his shitty internet podcast. It would've been leaked years ago.

I bet he threw his sausage up Missy Hyatt a few times.....but not Halle Berry.

Missy in her prime dogged Halle Berry as did Deborah Shelton (former Miss America) so what does it really matter whether Flair did Halle or not? He fucked thousands of women and some were better looking than Halle Berry ever was.

Flair was a shell of himself by 1993. Decent matches from him became less and less frequent.

He should've retired from full time competition then I think.

He'll realize the mistake on his death bed when he looks back at how he was more concerned with being 'the man' rather than seeing his child's first steps etc.

After Flair quit WWE in 2008, did he become a great father and devote all his time to the family he now had time to be with? Or was he in such financial shit that he still had to put his family on the backburner again while he styled and profiled every night at indy conventions?

It's actually sad that he lived his gimmick to the point that his family and now his health is suffering.

It's true that he and his family needed the money so he kept providing for them; that's what a man does. If they had a good mother and their father made it possible to grow up in a million dollar house and a lifestyle where they could afford the best of everything, they don't have much to complain about.

I would have loved it if my dad was gone all the time because having a good mother and a lifestyle where your family can afford the best of everything is better than what most kids get growing up and better than what I had. If you have a good mother and a bad father, but the father can make millions of dollars by being gone all the time, the kids are better off having him gone all the time. If you had a bad father why would you want him home all the time and to grow up poor also as a result?

I thought it was pretty classy to leave Halle Berry out of the ESPN 30 for 30 on Ric Flair. No need to cause further embarrassment

I mean, she went to Space Mountain and wanted to ride again, but had to jump to the back of the line. I can see why she is bitter and untruthful in her retelling of the story

It's true that he and his family needed the money so he kept providing for them; that's what a man does. If they had a good mother and their father made it possible to grow up in a million dollar house and a lifestyle where they could afford the best of everything, they don't have much to complain about.

I would have loved it if my dad was gone all the time because having a good mother and a lifestyle where your family can afford the best of everything is better than what most kids get growing up and better than what I had. If you have a good mother and a bad father, but the father can make millions of dollars by being gone all the time, the kids are better off having him gone all the time. If you had a bad father why would you want him home all the time and to grow up poor also as a result?
If your theory is true.....why was Reid such a trainwreck? Why does Flair himself feel like he should've been a better father?

Missy in her prime dogged Halle Berry as did Deborah Shelton (former Miss America) so what does it really matter whether Flair did Halle or not? He fucked thousands of women and some were better looking than Halle Berry ever was.
if you think missy hyatt is better looking than halle berry at any time ever, you should just go ahead and be gay (nttawwt)

If your theory is true.....why was Reid such a trainwreck? Why does Flair himself feel like he should've been a better father?

I said that because people were focusing on Ric being gone a lot. All pro wrestlers in that era were gone a lot! Flair feels he shouldn't have treated Reid as his best friend instead of treating him as his son. That has nothing to do with being gone. His other 3 children are alive and well. But Reid he treated as a buddy instead of a son.

Nobody seems to blame Beth. She was home with Reid; she didn't have to be out providing for the family. She didn't have to work at all. Her main responsibility was raising her children. What was she doing when Reid got into drugs?

Ric had a lousy father. He never attended any of his games, he sent him away to boarding school rather than help his son with his problems and guess what? Flair became the very best in his entire industry. Another guy with the same upbringing might have died at 24. Then again, sometimes a difficult childhood leads to the kid growing up to do amazing things. Pressure creates diamonds.

Why was Reid involved in drugs? There is no definite answer. His brothers and sisters weren't. There are kids/young adults who died from drugs despite having two good parents who were home every night. Drug deaths involve people from all economic and social classes. Addiction is a disease that affects people who had great fathers and bad fathers; addiction doesn't discriminate. Reid had more pressure on him than most guys do because he had such big boots to fill, such an amazing legacy to live up to. His father is widely considered by his peers to have been the very best at what he did in his entire profession. Maybe Reid didn't have the genetics or the charisma to live up to his father's legacy. If there's one thing you want to accomplish with your life and no matter how hard you try you can't accomplish it, it's devastating. Especially when it's all you've worked towards and wanted from the time you were a young child.

Last edited:
Savio cut off a few locks of Shawn's and Razor's hair on an airplane ride in '95. They tried to get Savio fied to no avail. Savio was a tough MFer and he had the BSK behind him, in particular, Yoko went to bat for him and as soon as the Kliq saw Yoko get involved, they left him alone.

It's always crazy. I have not watched wrestling per se in like 15 years. But I love documentaries about wrestling. Shit fascinates me to no end. Whenever I see the Kliq, and they talk about how insanely immature, petty and selfish they were in like 1995, they're always like "We were so young, we didn't know much." Weren't they all in their 30s in 1995? Pulling childish pranks, and getting bitchy enough to threaten someone's livelihood when it's return. Biiiiiitch moves.....

It's always crazy. I have not watched wrestling per se in like 15 years. But I love documentaries about wrestling. Shit fascinates me to no end. Whenever I see the Kliq, and they talk about how insanely immature, petty and selfish they were in like 1995, they're always like "We were so young, we didn't know much." Weren't they all in their 30s in 1995? Pulling childish pranks, and getting bitchy enough to threaten someone's livelihood when it's return. Biiiiiitch moves.....

When I was watching wrestling at the time that The Kliq was popular, I was not a fan of theirs with the exception of Shawn Michaels who really was a great wrestler despite his size. While I don't think the ribs, pranks, and the way they treated some of the other wrestlers is admirable, you can't deny that the main function of the Kliq - to act as a union for their members in a company where the owner wouldn't allow unions was brilliant. It worked out extremely well for Kevin Nash and Scott Hall in particular who were never among the best wrestlers in the world but managed to get paid as if they were. The Kliq banded together and because of that had more influence over Vince than any wrestler or group of wrestlers have ever had before or since. Do you think Kevin Nash in particular would have made half as much money in pro wrestling if there had never been a Kliq? Do you think they all could have gotten away with their bad behavior if it had not been for The Kliq? Kevin Nash was below average in the ring and was good on the mic but not spectacular like Austin or The Rock or Raven. What he had going for him is he has a very high IQ and as one of the smartest men in wrestling he didn't work hard - he worked smart. Look at the level of fame he achieved and the money he made compared to Raven. Does anyone think he was better in the ring and on the mic than Raven? Not even close. Nash is friends with Raven, btw, and believes he was severely underutilized.

Back