Wrestler with worst TDD

I think part of the reason Hendo gets easily taken down is first it seems he is not that concerned if he ends up on the bottom he is very tough and has decent ground defense, I would even say he is too confident there as some critics have said.

Further more his fighting style of heavy punches really puts him at risk of being taken down.

Stick to it. Your argument is absurd.

It seems that you don't actually know what bad TD defense looks like.

A guy who can't competently defend TDs is going to get put on his back by a wrestler of Bader's caliber in that position no matter how sloppy the initial shot was.

I've seen it literally hundreds of times.

Again it really comes down to the issue not being takendown defence but rather his extreme weakness when put on his back, he's one of the worst high level fighters in MMA history in that position folding mentally almost every time and looking for a way out.

I mean its not even like he's been up against guys with monster top games is it? Cormier, Kos, Vitor, etc are decent but they aren't known for putting away high level guys from top position that easily.

I wouldn't say he has the worst tdd for a wrestler but romero gets taken down surprisingly often for an olympic wrestler. Or, at least, that's my impression. I can't think of specific instances.

He gets up immediately though.

The specific instances; Jacare, Weidman.

Jon Jones.

Did you guys see Gus and DC slammed him on his head?

Ryan Bader and Glover would have done the same.

Hendo was a weird case.

Plenty of fights where he didn't even look like he had a wrestling background, but he seemed to be able to turn in on when he wanted to do.

He did an excellent job of stalemating Rashad in their fight even though he was clearly past it and off TRT at the time.
A series of back,neck, and knee injuries messed up his wrestling game

Yeah, but the post I replied to implied that absolutely anyone can take McGregor down. It included an animated cartoon of Conor satirically getting taken down by a tiny toy car. As evidenced by the 2nd Diaz fight, his TDD isn't as non-existent as the post I replied to implied it is. McGregor also stuffed Eddie's few shots in their fight (and Eddie can wrestle). If nothing else he has better TDD than the likes of Anthony Pettis and especially Carlos Condit, and people act like he's on their level.
Agree with all that except for Pettis. I think people greatly exaggerate his TDD and ability to get back to his feet. He doesn't even belong in the conversation with Condit. Conor may have the better tdd percentage but he hasn't fought the amount of wrestlers that Pettis has. Pettis made Eddie's wrestling look terrible, in fact I barely remember him throwing a punch he just tried to hug him the whole fight.

Last edited:
Tyron and Colby were easily able to keep it on the feet against Maia, despite being much smaller.

Is Tyron much smaller then Maia? He is short, but the guy is built like a fucking tree. His legs are bigger then any MWs

Agree with all that except for Pettis. I think people greatly exaggerate his TDD and ability to get back to his feet. He doesn't even belong in the conversation with Condit. Conor may have the better tdd percentage but he hasn't fought the amount of wrestlers that Pettis has. Pettis made Eddie's wrestling look terrible, in fact I barely remember him throwing a punch he just tried to hug him the whole fight.

Valid point about Pettis, Melendez had a hard time taking him down too. Condit then. Does anyone have as bad of TDD as that guy? Shogun's is pretty bad too.

Last edited:
Valid point against Pettis, Melendez had a hard time taking him down too. Condit then. Does anyone have as bad of TDD as that guy? Shogun's is pretty bad too.
Yeah it's bad.

Yah, Hendo is a weird one: KO's Fedor then gets wrestle fucked by Jake Fucking Shields. It does not get any weirder than that. Also, what is funny is that he used to be Jon Fitch 1.0 at the beginning of his career and then he turned in to a head hunter who was getting out wrestled by strikers.

Hendo's neck and back were all fucked up from the all the mileage on his body. You need those bodypart to be healthy in order to wrestle well.

964B00AE-E0A1-4B25-A43D-EC5562EDB74F.png I think he was undefeated D2 and was taken down every fight I watched.

Back