WOW....Such salt over Teh Chris CHOKING Gastelum

Folks having a hard time coming to grips that Weidman actually IS a decent MW, and just snapped Kelvins streak. Even in his recent losses, he was still competitive.

Yes he got decked, but he ALSO rocked Gastelum, and TOTALLY controlled the grappling exchanges.

He got a legit win that he EARNED, so quit yer

y_shutterstock_33974866-727x522.jpg
I'm s weidmsn hater post usada, but he's still a good fighter. He's just better at everything Kelvin specializes in. Size played a factor, yes, but I think it's also the case of "too much too soon".

I'm glad his skid is over. Hopefully he generates some momentum from the finish. Let's not get ahead of ourselves tho. He still behind the elite of MW. Fortunately for him, one of them is gone.

chris-weidman-instagram-fathers-day.jpg

He's still my boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3011551200000578-0-image-a-3_1452562280989.jpg
He's still my boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people have just never gotten over what he did to Anderson. It was totally Chris's fault Anderson stuck his chin out daring Chris to hit him. Completely Chris's fault.

Good win for Weidman but he's gotta do something about all these shots he's eating. He fell straight back with that left from Gastelum I was surprised that he recovered so quickly.

War Chris!!!

Our boy got his confidence back now.. time to climb the rankings and get that belt back and win those rematches.

Folks having a hard time coming to grips that Weidman actually IS a decent MW, and just snapped Kelvins streak. Even in his recent losses, he was still competitive.

Yes he got decked, but he ALSO rocked Gastelum, and TOTALLY controlled the grappling exchanges.

Literally the first reply in this fucking thread.

Will he be champ again? Who knows, I kinda doubt it, but I would have said definitively Bisping will never be champ two years ago and look what happened. Chris fought a good fight against a quality opponent who is dangerous. Before the fight the forum consensus was Gastelum's size didn't matter he's just too good to lose to Chris, now it's Gastelum is a tiny WW who was never that good. I don't think everyone would, but I'd take Gastelum to beat David Branch, the opponent who Rockhold is getting on his return.

Agreed. He had a clear path to victory and he executed his game plan to follow that path. Kelvin was game but The Chris just outgrappled him. It was a good fight and a good win.

I'm happy for the Chris. He desperately needed that win.

That was do or die, as the celebration after the fight demonstrated.

Kind of a garbage fight IMO but Weidman did what he had to to get the win.

I picked Weidman to win this fight via superior wrestling and grappling. He surprised me with his boxing. Looked good.

Overall Weidman came into this fight stupidly underrated and he's still a great MW as he showed tonight.

He's lost to only the best fighters on the planet and that should be taken for what It is. Not sure why people think losing to such great fighters Is reason to shit on a guy.

Yes, Kelvin is a blown up WW..but It wasn't just size that won this fight for weidman.

His technique both in the wrestling and grappling was simply on another level.

I must admit I hated Chris when he was a champ but I have started to like him, it's insane how everybody was counting him off, I'm glad he won this one, he is still top 5 MW in the world and would murder Bitchping if he ever grows the balls to take on my boy

Chris got tkod three times before winning against a 170er, he'll never sniff that belt again
I love how ya'll were talking all week about Kelvin destroying Chris all week.
Then,.when Chris beats him it isn't a real win because he isn't a real middleweight.

The salt should be on here because everyone was on KG

The amount of threads I had to talk shit in backing Weidman was getting old even for me and boy do I like to talk shit

There was a point where there was about 5 threads titled 'what can chris do to win'

MMA boys don't be so blind
(Even though I was blind regarding Elkins yet again)

actually i havent seen a single thread complaining about this win
There was abt 2 or 3 on the first page earlier this morning. That plus any positive thread must survive attempted hijackings like the post a couple above yours. I am stunned at the Weidman hate. He seems too generic in the personality department to really hate

Back