Wow, Roy Jones prediction about Conor was right on

Novice4eva

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

2min mark. But I've heard arguments that MMA gloves actually has more padding on the knuckles than Boxing gloves, so I don't know if thats true. I think Conor isn't use to hitting someone that knows how to avoid punches.

2min mark. But I've heard arguments that MMA gloves actually has more padding on the knuckles than Boxing gloves, so I don't know if thats true. I think Conor isn't use to hitting someone that knows how to avoid punches.

8oz have more padding....It's easier to hit clean with 4oz gloves because they are smaller and the person defending can use the gloves to cover.

Conor is not used to a good boxer....and more importantly a great chin...boxers have way better chins...They have a huge talent pool, if your chin sucks, you will most likely not make in boxing..In MMA, guys with crappy chins can make it, because they can take it to the ground and win.

Imagine Floyd with 4oz....he would've put Conor to sleep.

8oz have more padding....It's easier to hit clean with 4oz gloves because they are smaller and the person defending can use the gloves to cover.

Conor is not used to a good boxer....and more importantly a great chin...boxers have way better chins...They have a huge talent pool, if your chin sucks, you will most likely not make in boxing..In MMA, guys with crappy chins can make it, because they can take it to the ground and win.

Or broke his hand after 1 hit.

Is there that big of a difference in ounces? A boxing glove has padding all over the hand. A MMA glove just has it across the knuckles. I've never heard anyone say that they can feel the knuckle through a MMA glove, but I've heard people say they can feel the knuckles through a boxing glove.

Your point about the talent pool and chin is right on though.

Last edited:
Or broke his hand after 1 hit.

Is there that big of a difference in ounces? A boxing glove has padding all over the hand. A MMA glove just has it across the knuckles. I've never heard anyone say that they can feel the knuckle through a MMA glove, but I've heard people say they can feel the knuckles through a boxing glove.

Your point about the talent pool and chin is right on though.

Well also not all boxing gloves are the same...Some are made to be extra padded(protect the hand), while others "Puncher" gloves aren't.

I saw the video...The MMA glove seemed brand new compared to the boxing glove, which seemed worn and used...That could have an effect on feeling the knuckle.

Anyways even if the MMA glove has more padding on the knuckles.....I think the cleaner/more precise shots get thru easier so it leads to more KO's.....You can't get that clean of hits in boxing...either they are partially covered or the boxers know how to roll with the punches to lessen the impact.....or if you do land clean, since the boxing glove is so big, the impact is all across your face, unlike an MMA glove, where the impact is precisely on the chin for example

So the size of the 8oz gloves makes a huge difference compared to the small 4oz...regardless of padding IMO.

Also 8oz weight more.....That surely has to affect power/speed somewhat, specially when you fight round after round.

Last edited:
Love Roy.

The best part of that video though, is the Sherdogger in the background that is shaking his head in disbelief at Roy's comments.
You can see the little hamster in his head thinking "You boxing dummies just don't know the power of touchbutt".

Love Roy.

The best part of that video though, is the Sherdogger in the background that is shaking his head in disbelief at Roy's comments.
You can see the little hamster in his head thinking "You boxing dummies just don't know the power of touchbutt".

Lol he's one of those three guys going around here saying "but but but....McConnor would destroy Floyd and Roy at Street fighter at the same time!"

Lol he's one of those three guys going around here saying "but but but....McConnor would destroy Floyd and Roy at Street fighter at the same time!"
Hahahhahahahahahahhaha

Those guys are the best

Real fight
Left hand
Wah Wah take down and sub.

Prime Floyd kills Conor in 2 minutes in the streets. Legit connects and the concrete smashes Conor skull.

The fact his fans wanna see it because they can't accept it is sad, hell they can't accept a 40 year old Floyd who was 2 years retired and didn't train for the fight still finished him. lol

When he starts saying that Conor looks good because he is fighting guys that know nothing about boxing, he says absolutely everything that needs to be said, which is something i've repeated many times here before the fight, and dummies ignored because they wanted to believe he was the real deal. It's like a guy looking great submitting blue belts and then dummies claiming he would submit Kron Gracie, just because of how good he looked against those blue belts. How great you look fighting highly depends on the level of your opponent. You can look amazing against a D level boxer and complete shit against a B level guy. This is so easy to understand, but for some reason, Conor fans just don't.

Damn he nailed it. Conor was on Mars, completely clueless.

I wonder when Conor realized he was fucked. Round two I'm guessing.

LoL at the guy over Roy's shoulder shaking his head.

When he starts saying that Conor looks good because he is fighting guys that know nothing about boxing, he says absolutely everything that needs to be said, which is something i've repeated many times here before the fight, and dummies ignored because they wanted to believe he was the real deal. It's like a guy looking great submitting blue belts and then dummies claiming he would submit Kron Gracie, just because of how good he looked against those blue belts. How great you look fighting highly depends on the level of your opponent. You can look amazing against a D level boxer and complete shit against a B level guy. This is so easy to understand, but for some reason, Conor fans just don't.

He's a legit counter puncher. I'm not with u and the Conor got killed crowd. With real Boxing training, he could have been better

He's a legit counter puncher. I'm not with u and the Conor got killed crowd. With real Boxing training, he could have been better

He is not a legit counter puncher. He had all the physical advantages and couldn't make Floyd respect him. Floyd has never looked as slow and sloppy as he looked in this fight, and yet Conor failed to counter him with anything significant. He had plenty of opportunities to hurt the smaller man, standing right in front of him without doing much. He still failed. This was the best chance he could possibly have at beating Floyd, and he still failed. Floyd gave him all the opportunities.

Anyone can get better with training, but forget about ever seeing him beating a world class boxer. Never gonna happen. Mark my words.

Gloves protect the hand not the opponent. Leverage and force knock people out, padding or no padding

Gloves protect the hand not the opponent. Leverage and force knock people out, padding or no padding
But is easier to knock people out with 4oz....Is easier to get a clean hit....The size of the glove distributes the force to just 1 place on the opponents head unlike in boxing.

Uhm...My prediction about Conor was right...

You got anything else worthwhile to post?

Roy must not have got the "we want people to pay to watch this crap, tell them it's gonna be competitive" memo.

Back