WOW - Iceland & Denmark eliminate Down Syndrome with this one weird trick [progress]

I think looking at India underlines the problem much more - there you have gender proportions of 1.3 boys per 1 girl in some region because girls are worth nothing. But doing the math is easy. 1 Million boys born? You will have about 230k boys for whom there will be no girl.

They will turn to homosexuality

If it legal and the test is there I guess it's their choice.

So when they have a test for the gay marker and people start aborting babies for that the people that support this will be fine with that.

Yea we know how that would go.

How about the China and India thing of aborting girls.

I believe it is their right under the law but you have to have questions where this will lead and the morals of this.

If it legal and the test is there I guess it's their choice.

So when they have a test for the gay marker and people start aborting babies for that the people that support this will be fine with that.

Yea we know how that would go.

How about the China and India thing of aborting girls.

I believe it is their right under the law but you have to have questions where this will lead and the morals of this.

That would be consistent. If you believe that abortion isn't infringing on anyone's rights because it's not murder, then certainly it would be one's choice, and perfectly moral, to abort a baby that has a high probability of being gay, if it were possible to detect such a thing. For that matter, if would be perfectly moral to abort a baby because it is going to have dark hair, or any other superficial quality. If it's not murder, and it's not an infringement, the decision to abort a fetus is only limited by your imagination. It's a free-for-all.

the thing about iceland is that it's an island of 300k people. most of the people there are middle class and dont have to worry about rampant poverty like larger countries. 1/700 babies are born with the down syndrome. if that ratio is applied to iceland, there would be about over 400 people with it. that would possibly be 400 families affected by it, which could change socio economic imbalance, as the island doesnt have the resources to support (from birth to death)

Yeah, I am glad that's not a thing in the US. Because we would lose 10% of the posters here if mongo babies would be aborted in the US.

Yikes! This is borderline Eugenics. Scary business.
disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

What's wrong with eugenics? Just because racists and nazis mishandled it doesn't mean it's bad. Dictators have mustaches. That doesn't mean that all mustaches are evil.

Just proves how stupid and malleable the "Non agression principle" is to me. Wasn't it ayn rand who said that removing the fetus from the womb is not violating the NAP since the fetus is violating the rights of the mother by being a parasitic leach.
One of the cool things about the lolbergtarian phase being over is that no one quotes that skank anymore and no one idolizes her anymore. Instead they idolize Trump now who is not as stupid as Rand.

Strange to see both sides of the political fence bagging this but especially the ones the swing left. For the left a it's the mothers right to terminate a healthy child as its her right, maybe it'll interfere with her career. Yet as soon as something like this is raised...

Like euthanasia I wonder if some of you people have lived in the real world where reality isn't a 90min documentary with a feel good story.

You've obviously never known a loved one dying in agony with absolutely no hope or a parent getting old, soon to die with their dependent disabled children doomed to live 40 more years never being able to even understand where mummy/daddy went.

Grow up children the real world is different to your imaginations and fantasy. The poster that said its not just for the parents was spot on and all you do gooders working 40-50hrs living the dream have no right to talk shit. Walk a mile in their shoes, go actually volunteer in the field you're advocating against before you high horse yourself.

Exactly. People are too limited by "morals". I'm being completely serious, I have a less empathetic brain than most.

That's good n all, but are they gonna extend that policy to children that weren't diagnosed before the birth, n that way eliminate completely the ds?

There was an attempt before by someone else to eliminate ppl with mental issues, can't remember who it was...
Hitler had a mustache too but gay bikers aren't nazis. Explain

Exactly. People are too limited by "morals". I'm being completely serious, I have a less empathetic brain than most.
tfw too intelligent to fall for this meme

I think the same way but I'm smart enough to recognize the importance of feeling, emotion, and morals, no matter how irrational it seems.

I'd say it's the other way around, if you have empathy you'd support this.

You don't stop it anywhere. You make it a choice as abortion is.

Remember I am a social libertarian. Call abortion murder all you want, I care not, until you want to make it illegal. Then i care.

If I want a blue eyed, blond haired, white, straight child, that should be my right.

wow

As far as I am concerned, I think it's the most difficult decision which you can make as a human being.
I hope I will never find myself in this situation. I am always a little bit shocked, how easy some liberals are able to handle this issue.

So as for you, when does life begin?
At which stadium or point you would call it murder?

In my opinion life starts with the fusion of an egg-cell and semen and this should also be the base for our laws. This is the most objective and scientific definition which I have found so far.

Last edited:
So are you saying we actually have the answer to cancer? All we have to do is kill everyone with cancer then we will have zero cancer victims. Am I missing something?

Let me know when you adopt a couple of Downs Syndrome babies you hypocrite

>if you aren't willing to adopt someone you don't actually care if they're murdered

<1>

Imagine if you saw an innocent guy walking down the street and I asked if it would be ok if I went over and slaughtered him right there on the sidewalk. I assume you would say no and then I said "WELL WHY DO YOU CARE? You aren't willing to adopt him so why shouldn't I do it!?"

Maybe he shouldn´t be so vocal about small government not messing with our lives and then do a 180 when it comes to womens bodies. Or be so vocal about defunding healthcare if he isn´t going to be part of a solution after healthcare is defunded. Hypocrite.

He's not talking about women's bodies as much as he's talking about the person inside there.

Back