Wow I ate Broasted Chicken for the first time, hands down best fried chicken

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"This type of chicken is cooked using a high pressure cooking method, making chicken pieces juicy on the inside (something that is hard to do with deep frying) and crispy like fried chicken on the outside. Broasting is a brand name that is only available when dining out so the method isn't something that can be done at home. Broasted thighs, wings, legs and breasts are also known to be a healthier option due to it's 40% less fat and holds fewer calories than typical fried chicken."

I think Broaster chicken was popular in the 70s or 80s but not many people use those machines anymore, my friend told me this local chicken and pizza place has the best fried chicken

I told him I hate fried chicken, because every place from Churches, KFc, popeyes the chicken meat is tough and purple and doesn't taste good, its because they fry it from cold not fully thawed and just throw it in the fryer

Well he told me I would like this place and he was right, I ate 9 pieces he wasn't kidding the crispy seasoning but the meat was so tender and juicy, it wasn't anything like that gross meat in KFC.

The place I ate at had a long line my friend called and made an order ahead of time, the pizza was good too, it didn't have a sign outside but the name was Grandpas something it was owned by some koreans, but they serve it with big fried potato wedges and coleslaw.

The reason they dont use broaster machines at KFC is it takes too long to use, they want everything fast its fast food after all.

Here is a video of Broaster chicken I suggest you guys try and find a place on yelp or something in your area that serves this type of chicken its great, the meat is tender and juicy not dry or chewy while the outside crispy.

What is name of the chain that broasts bro?
I dont know any major chain that broasts, all of them like KFC do the basic cheap deep frying crap that makes the chicken tough and chewing not juicy and tender.

The gas station down the street does it and it shits on any restaurant I have ever been to.

The gas station down the street does it and it shits on any restaurant I have ever been to.
My friend told me there is a gas station near his place that serves Broaster chicken as well. Ill have to check that out later.

Man I never ate so many pieces of fried chicken in my life, they always serve it with those thick potato wedges as well.

broasterchicken.jpg

I have no clue how it works, the chicken is juicy and not greasy at all, the skin and crust is dry and crispy with flavor yet the chicken is tender and juicy, at the same time no grease.

while you go to a KFC the chicken is gross and greasy and you mostly just eat the crust and skin more than the meat.

I was going to ask you what it actually was, but since you've said you don't know I'm forced to assume the Broasting process just by how it sounds

* Marinated in Energy Drink

* Rolled in protein powder prior to frying

* Traditionally consumed while wearing wrap-around sunglasses and a tank top

i cant believe that any of you people would actually eat cooked food that comes from a gas station. i dont care how good it tastes. i know people at restaurants dont give a shit about health standards in most places, i cant imagine how few fucks the kid at 7-11 does

I was going to ask you what it actually was, but since you've said you don't know I'm forced to assume the Broasting process just by how it sounds

* Marinated in Energy Drink

* Rolled in protein powder prior to frying

* Traditionally consumed while wearing wrap-around sunglasses and a tank top
images

i cant believe that any of you people would actually eat cooked food that comes from a gas station. i dont care how good it tastes. i know people at restaurants dont give a shit about health standards in most places, i cant imagine how few fucks the kid at 7-11 does

Xyu0.gif

Check out TS. Broasting about the quality of his local fried chicken establishments.

I've heard good things about the gas station/convenience store fried chick brand. Despite they're crappy locations, they've apparently got some pretty strict quality control standards.

That said, the process you've described for cooking the chicken is the same process KFC used. These guy just use better quality meat and don't allow it to sit as long.

I've heard good things about the gas station/convenience store fried chick brand. Despite they're crappy locations, they've apparently got some pretty strict quality control standards.

That said, the process you've described for cooking the chicken is the same process KFC used. These guy just use better quality meat and don't allow it to sit as long.

kfc chicken is gross, sometimes you find a good location but in general the fried chicken is tough.

kfc chicken is gross, sometimes you find a good location but in general the fried chicken is tough.
As a reformed kfc junkie, this has not been my typical experience, but I have a really good kfc near me.
Kfc does indeed pressure fry, and they use a brine with a curing effect (sodium nitrate).
When fresh they are pretty great, but YES, when they sit too long and dry up, they do so in a major fucking way.

As a reformed kfc junkie, this has not been my typical experience, but I have a really good kfc near me.
Kfc does indeed pressure fry, and they use a brine with a curing effect (sodium nitrate).
When fresh they are pretty great, but YES, when they sit too long and dry up, they do so in a major fucking way.
Do they broast it though?

I Sous Vide chicken myself and it's the best chicken I've ever had.

Back