wow bellator

Viacom gives scott coker a blank check to sign any one he wants. all they care about are big rating and the ydid almost 2 million views on sat

Bullshit.

don't forget guys, those undercard fighters have to hawk tickers personally, too! Man, if they get a cut of the tickets they sell? Hoo-boy, that's $$$ right there :rolleyes:
100 min ticket sales is what I'm being told from local fighters.

You guys do realize the people on the bottom of this list make next to nothing on sponsorship. In fact I won't doubt if more than few made zero on sponsorship. Not too mention many are required to sell tickets more or less.

Bellator isn't in a position to be paying under card guys 10K and its just the way it is. What there doing is offering these guys a decent payday from where they are coming from and chance to show case there skills in front of one of the big MMA shows. For some it will turn into a real contract.
I know regional guys who get 3-5k + sales to headline cards so 1/1 is just bad.

Those guys on the undercards are all locals and dont have much experience. Thats still pretty good money for them. Bellator also has other orgs fill their undercard sometimes so its not as bad as your trying to make out.

Wow! Can you imagine if they get as much as TEN WHOLE DOLLARS from each ticket! That’s that Reebok Money
Its closer to 1-5 per ticket. That's if they get sales from what I understand the local guys got to sell 100+ tickets just to get on the card, no guarantee of sales.

bullshit how. so scott coker getting all those new guys to fight for free in bellator.

Viacom told scott thay he has to pay chael 300k out of his own bank account.
If Viacom was giving Coker blank checks, he'd be able to put more of the so-called "stars" on each event. He doesn't, because he can't.

Hell, why spread out the first round of the heavyweight tournament, when it makes way more sense to have all of the first round in one night? Easy: money. All of those guys are very well paid by Bellator, and Coker's budget simply can't afford to have them all fight on the same night.

Yes, Bellator is on a budget. Viacom $$$ =/= Bellator $$$.

If Viacom was giving Coker blank checks, he'd be able to put more of the so-called "stars" on each event. He doesn't, because he can't.

Hell, why spread out the first round of the heavyweight tournament, when it makes way more sense to have all of the first round in one night? Easy: money. All of those guys are very well paid by Bellator, and Coker's budget simply can't afford to have them all fight on the same night.

Yes, Bellator is on a budget. Viacom $$$ =/= Bellator $$$.

but Viacom gave him themoney to sign all those fighters. they gave him the 400k to pay rory last year.

spreading out the fights get Viacom the rating they want.

all the fighters that scott is signing is cause Viacom told him he could do it.

Are people really comparing UFC prelim fighters to bellators. It's not even close on skill. I went to the bellator show in Chicago. 5 or 6 of the fights was guys who just started mma and lived in the area. Prelim fighters on UFC cards are all guys with a good amount of experience and success

The fighters get sponsor money and can fight in other orgs unlike the UFC they have to sit and wait for the UFC to give them a fight which can be 1 fight a year.

Don't kid yourself, an entry level fighter on an undercard (not televised) is lucky to make a couple grand in sponsorship cash. I do believe 5k for first timers in the UFC Reebok cash is better to start with. Too bad it wasn't better for fightera who've proven their worth .

Precisely. Some of the fighters were like 1-0. Hats off to Bellator for having local fighters on a bigger show. I would love if my 2nd pro fight was with Bellator lol

I'm a little surprised nobody on here outright brought up the fact that all those guys are local fighters that are only semi-known in the subregion of the state that the event's taking place in, who all signed one-off contracts and are basically only there to draw in a few locals and maybe, altogether, fill out an extra couple hundred seats. And do something for hardcore Bellator fans to keep them interested for the preceding two hours before the main card, as a gratuity.
One of those fights this weekend was a rematch between two guys whose original match was on another Bellator card in Southern California (Kyle Estrada vs. David Duran), and the only reason they even got on the first card was cuz' they needed some local seat-filler. Bellator wasn't planning on signing 'em as a pair of guys to kickstart the flyweight division; the fact that their sophomore appearance in the company took place a year-and-a-half later and they'd both had a handful of fights between it is a testament to that.
You can't compare these guys' situation to the UFC payscale without eliminating logic or the concept of context from your mind. I doubt if any of the guys who won are expecting to get another call from Bellator again.
Normally whenever this thread pops up with the same exact "Oh-ho, I got you people now!" gravitas and recycled-almost-word-for-word, unoriginal point, it's, like, within the first 5 posts to point this out.

Last edited:
Post above nails it.

Glad I don't have to waste my time.

These numbers seem weird, Rory got 400k show for his last fight, why would that drop down to 100k? Unless they structured payment to avoid Cali taxes or something..
I think that 400k was an upfront bonus paid as his first fights salary. Word is that is how theyve been compensating some of the big name guys.

Back