Wow Bellator/UFC should pick up Gary Tonon

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

His striking was pretty decent for just starting MMA and although his opponent survived you could tell Garry was just trying to get as much experience as he could before finishing the fight. In the third round he went straight grappling and neck cranked him with no hooks in for the finish. Out of the BJJ to MMA fighters he's probably the most well rounded I've seen thus far.

His striking was pretty decent for just starting MMA and although his opponent survived you could tell Garry was just trying to get as much experience as he could before finishing the fight. In the third round he went straight grappling and neck cranked him with no hooks in for the finish. Out of the BJJ to MMA fighters he's probably the most well rounded I've seen thus far.

Isn't he in ONE?

He probably gets more than UFC/Bellator can offer him

One FC contract. Basically meaning we'll never see him fight anywhere else, ever(as long as they're still around).

Don't you think that Tonon plan is to get experience and get paid fighting lower level competition THEN going into the big leagues?

One FC contract. Basically meaning we'll never see him fight anywhere else, ever(as long as they're still around).
At least we can watch his bouts live and free via ONE FC app in decent steady stream.

Did he just do something spectacular to warrant a thread?

True. ONE guys either stick with him, or fade into obscurity. Vuyissile Colossa, for example.

Honestly for his BJJ pedigree I would expect him to have an easier time on the ground, especially against these nobody’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back