Wow Alpha Male 17-0 since Bang Ludwig joined.

Would me more impressive if they actually won or win a title

I know Sherdog like to joke about TAM because they have smaller guys, but there's no denying that they are at the top echelon of their divisions.

they were always solid but yeah, if what they say is true about their former striking training being kind of haphazard...then seeing what Bang has done with them is pretty amazing, now they actually train striking technique and application as opposed to just sparring

next time I'm working in Sacramento, I'm hoping to drop in at their gym one day

Pretty sure out of the 17 wins they have been the favorite in like every one of them.

maybe they dont win these fights by KO but they probably win with or w/o Bang

not trying to take credit away from him but these guys were all at the top of their division before he got there. Mendes, Benavidez and Faber have never lost a non title fight.

A lot of credit to Bang Ludwig. He used to be a good fighter to watch

Pretty sure out of the 17 wins they have been the favorite in like every one of them.

maybe they dont win these fights by KO but they probably win with or w/o Bang

not trying to take credit away from him but these guys were all at the top of their division before he got there. Mendes, Benavidez and Faber have never lost a non title fight.

It's what they do in those fights differently that sets them apart from what they used to be before Ludwig showed up. They utilize footwork now, headmovement is coming along, and they throw/time their strikes much better than they used to. Mendes doesn't push his punches, he throws them like a good puncher should.

Fair play to Bang, He's been a great addition but I can't see that stat being much different without him. Also, TAM have had fighters lose outside the UFC in that time span.

First of all the guys at Alpha Male are all elite athletes to begin with, and then you introduce a Duane Ludwig who's probably the most passionate coach to ever walk the face of the earth, and with Ludwig's insane fight IQ, then you got an super elite team. The guy loves his job and loves helping his fighters.

Strong effective wrestlers who have a good striking coach and willing to bang.

It's a great recipe.

Impressive!!!

Mendes V Faber, who you got?

congrats to team alpha male and bang. it's always awesome to see successful camps that can really get a good flow going throughout the team.
benavidez title shot!

Team Alpha Male has always been my favorite camp with Faber, Benavidez and Mendes being in my top 10. Since Ludwig the camp has exploded and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

regardless of the fact that they are top fighters, it's still incredible to have 17 team wins in a row, Bangs simply the man

the most obvious pick for coach of the year ever

Castillo should have lost to Means but I think he might be training somewhere else now. Some of the opponents were highly out matched but it's still very impressive.

Faber, TJ, Joe B and Mendes have looked great every fight since then though.

Dillashaw has looked very good, noticeably improved as well.

I have been singing Bang's praises over at Tapology over the last several events now. In all the years I've been a MMA fan, I have never once had a favorite team. I've never even really thought about it (maybe Militech Fighting Systems from back in the day when they ran things, but still I never thought about it.) But Team Alpha Male has really become just that, as a whole I'm really digging just about every fighter on that squad.

With the exception of Castillo, but I'm not really sure if he's affiliated with them anymore.

No surprise, Faber, Mendes, and Benavidez win every fight except title fights!

Their wrestling is so good that a striking technique expert like Duane was a really smart choice.

Wrestlers often arm-punch and are stiff in the shoulders. Now they're past that and thus are above the medium for MMA, the wrestleboxer, and they're tough to beat.

Mainly Mendes and Benavidez, Faber has his own style and was already a pretty good striker (often too flashy, but pretty solid nevertheless).

Back